Alex Johnston

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Which player are you referring to?
I'd imagine you'd mean Burbo. And I agree, having watched him several times in the Flegg. He didn't show me he had anything special except for his surname.
Hoppa Jnr Jnr? I'm sure he needs to be brought along more slowly as he's been out of the sport for about 18 months.

Well both. I think last week has proven We are extremely light on in outside backs. Relying on an untried young Hoppa and Burbo to solve our problems out wide will only lead to more displeasure. Saab on the other hand is ready to go, he is a unit, awesome under the high ball and has speed to burn on top of strong carrier of the ball. He is the next Daniel Topou and he would be a perfect long time signing. Other clubs have stars sitting out each week where we have guys like Taufua, Parker and Garrick as walk up starters, that is terrible depth and we definitely need to add more than just a couple of potential young guns out wide if we want to push for a premiership. We can't go another year hoping and relying on Tom not getting injured. Use Thommo's money and buy Saab.
Levi, Sam Smith, Elliott all off contract, We are letting go Thommo so we should have some funds to buy him!
Re sign Cust who I believe is also off contract and hopefully Fainu back and all of a sudden we look like world beaters.
Turbo
Saab
Walker
Suli
Garrick
Cust
Chez
Taupau
Fainu
AFB
Waddell
Siro
Jake

Keppie
Boyle
Olokoatu
Schuster

Extras
Parker
Taufua
Funa
Metcalfe
Croker
Sipley
T rex
Saddler
Gosiewski
Paseka
Probably forgotten one or 2 but that looks a premiership side/squad

Last edited:
100% agree. Saab was very ordinary last week and lacked doing the 1 percenters, at least what I saw.
He is actually 199cm tall and 101kg at 19 years old. You can't expect him to play as a seasoned pro in his 1st few games. I'd have him over any of our current outside backs barring Suli.

Well both. I think last week has proven We are extremely light on in outside backs. Relying on an untried young Hoppa and Burbo to solve our problems out wide will only lead to more displeasure. Saab on the other hand is ready to go, he is a unit, awesome under the high ball and has speed to burn on top of strong carrier of the ball. He is the next Daniel Topou and he would be a perfect long time signing. Other clubs have stars sitting out each week where we have guys like Taufua, Parker and Garrick as walk up starters, that is terrible depth and we definitely need to add more than just a couple of potential young guns out wide if we want to push for a premiership. We can't go another year hoping and relying on Tom not getting injured. Use Thommo's money and buy Saab.
Levi, Sam Smith, Elliott all off contract, We are letting go Thommo so we should have some funds to buy him!
Re sign Cust who I believe is also off contract and hopefully Fainu back and all of a sudden we look like world beaters.
Turbo
Saab
Walker
Suli
Garrick
Cust
Chez
Taupau
Fainu
AFB
Waddell
Siro
Jake

Keppie
Boyle
Olokoatu
Schuster

Extras
Parker
Taufua
Funa
Metcalfe
Croker
Sipley
T rex
Saddler
Gosiewski
Paseka
Probably forgotten one or 2 but that looks a premiership side/squad

We have also signed Morgan Harper from the dogs, 21 year old centre.

fwiw

For next year I think.

Don't we still have that Sam Smith player?

We have also signed Morgan Harper from the dogs, 21 year old centre.

fwiw

For next year I think.

Don't we still have that Sam Smith player?
Smith will surely be gone. He was a strange/rushed signing in the first place when Walker was stood down and we received a small compensation.

Harper and Saab would be nice additions to replace Elliott and Smith

Smith is a
Smith will surely be gone. He was a strange/rushed signing in the first place when Walker was stood down and we received a small compensation.

Harper and Saab would be nice additions to replace Elliott and Smith
Smith is a decent reserve grader, not the answer...
I agree Saab WILL be very good and needs 5-6 games for ppl to sit up and take notice.
Have seen him a few times and reeks of potential in the modern game...heck under Des he could be anything in a year or 2..
By the time he becomes a name and on the open market, noone will compete with Roosters who will claim they made him a Star by 2023....
To be fair, Saab has plenty to prove, but has every weapon you want from a modern winger and with the right tuition....will be a very good player and happens to play in a position we are thin on options.....well good options outside the 17......though Hoppa should be ready by 2021 you would hope, if injury free and not on a mission....

Smith is a

Smith is a decent reserve grader, not the answer...
I agree Saab WILL be very good and needs 5-6 games for ppl to sit up and take notice.
Have seen him a few times and reeks of potential in the modern game...heck under Des he could be anything in a year or 2..
By the time he becomes a name and on the open market, noone will compete with Roosters who will claim they made him a Star by 2023....
To be fair, Saab has plenty to prove, but has every weapon you want from a modern winger and with the right tuition....will be a very good player and happens to play in a position we are thin on options.....well good options outside the 17......though Hoppa should be ready by 2021 you would hope, if injury free and not on a mission....

I know it’s early on his career but Saab didn’t look anything special last night. I would be looking at Bayley Simmonson from the Faiders he is a Manly junior and can play as well as jump.

He did nothing of note again last night.
I watched the game last night to get a a good look at him.. looks a little underdone. I'm guessing it will take him a little to get his bearings. But there's no doubt the game plan was to kick for him. Interested to see how he goes in the coming weeks

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4