Alex Johnston

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No. We already have Garrick. And he is a similar mould. Good finisher, ineffectual hit ups, no versatility, and no goal kicking

I would expect our recruitment to be virtually non existent for a few years. We are weak at 6, 7 and 9 and are tight up against it with cap
Juniors, renewals, the odd move on .
Thats recruitment for about 3 years id reckon. The od journeyman until we get a kicking game, some composure, and some attack outside of tommy

Why would we chase Saab when we have Albert Hopoate and Tolu Koula
waiting in the wings. Not to mention Ben Trbojevic.
Hoppa has Amazing potential but his history of injury does not scream reliable, nor the fact he could disappear on a mormon mission any time, I would live to see him get a go this Sunday...not sure on Koula....think he was a union player with upsize and Ben T is Not a winger...more a backrower/ centre....Saab is the ultimate modern winger - I 100% get Robbo's call.

Not his fault of course but in young Hoppa :s case , very rarely seen an emerging youngster with big wraps play so little footy at this stage of his career . Manly must still have plenty of faith in his ability however as they are very intent to keep him in their ranks with other clubs also interested apparently . If he has just been cleared to play , still problematical when he may get his opportunity this season but think that he would at least be the equal of Funa for instance ,so may come into calculations soon . Elliot is still surely the bast option at the back but maybe also young Hoppa fully fit and match ready could be worth a shot there too in coming weeks

In Alex Johnson "s case , just another instance where some general expectation of club loyalty can be a fairly fickle matter . Can hardly be expected to stay at Souths on much less money when he would be in some demand elsewhere and on his fair contract value . Not saying that club loyalty should not be encouraged and is a worthy intention but in the high stakes environment that is the N R L , in most instances can not blame any player for looking after their own interests first. Good player but would hardly think on Manly 's radar .

In Alex Johnson "s case , just another instance where some general expectation of club loyalty can be a fairly fickle matter . Can hardly be expected to stay at Souths on much less money when he would be in some demand elsewhere and on his fair contract value . Not saying that club loyalty should not be encouraged and is a worthy intention but in the high stakes environment that is the N R L , in most instances can not blame any player for looking after their own interests first. Good player but would hardly think on Manly 's radar .

Agree.
I can't see him being on our radar but I think he's been shafted by Souffs over the years, to me they always looked a way better balanced side with him at fullback but he's had to play second fiddle to manufactured fullbacks in Inglis and Latrell.
Don't get me wrong, I hate Souffs with a passion but he'll be a good pick up for a team looking for a fullback and a more than handy winger that knows his way to line.

If our recruitment staff believe we have wingers/fullbacks in our system who could develop to be as good as Johnson then obviously we don't need him.
However, imo Johnson has been playing better than Latrine, The Grounded Jet and Gayguy so why Souffs would consider offloading him is mystifying.

If our recruitment staff believe we have wingers/fullbacks in our system who could develop to be as good as Johnson then obviously we don't need him.
However, imo Johnson has been playing better than Latrine, The Grounded Jet and Gayguy so why Souffs would consider offloading him is mystifying.

Yeah, I don't get it he's got a way better strike rate than the other three and doesn't seem to cause any fuss, maybe that's the problem, he doesn't bring headlines.
More likely he wants to play fullback and the corresponding remuneration.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4