Albert Poll - show me the money....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What do you think he should be offered?

• Total voters
Shop him around then. We would go close to a premiership with Hoppa, Schuster (on Thommo and Elliot's $) and 1M+ to buy a proper game-managing 7 like Burton and 2 fast kids.

What do you think he’d get on the open market? It would have to be around the $1m mark I would think.

I reckon the dogs will throw 500K at him if he pulls up okay so we are out of the equation. But I still cant understand why we haven't used him while we have him. Stupid blind pig headed stubbornness that has completely derailed out season.

3 years = 1.2 million
+ rep incentives & some 3rd party options
Gamble worth taking
Remove some dead wood
Schuster = Same

If he is indeed demanding a large contract & Manly give in to his demands, what would that do for team morale, when you've got several other young players who have come through the ranks with him also coming through?

Albert comes in as a winger & back up fullback.

He gets paid more than:

Funa - centre/winger/fullback
Cust - five eighth/back up hooker
Olakau'atu - second rower
Fainu (dependant on legal outcome) - hooker
Schuster - half/lock
Metcalfe - back

Simply because of his surname, the promise he showed up until the age of 16 & his demands?

That could potentially destroy future team harmony. If I was any of the above named players I'd be asking why I'm not getting paid as much as Albert when he hasnt played for 2 years.
No, he gets that because he is a GUN!
Hoppa is like a Superannuation fund, his value will grow exponentially
Don’t fall for the Gutho trap again

See ... this is the problem with Democracy .... apart from a 30 sec you tube video of him scoring a try in the u/16's .... I know absolutely nothing about the kid other than what I have read on here, posted by others that I suspect know little or even less than me ....

and yet my vote will count ..... even though I know nothing of his attitude, character, training or commitment.

So I will declare myself a numbnut on this particular topic .... and in #Deswilltrust ..

See ... this is the problem with Democracy .... apart from a 30 sec you tube video of him scoring a try in the u/16's .... I know absolutely nothing about the kid other than what I have read on here, posted by others that I suspect know little or even less than me ....

and yet my vote will count ..... even though I know nothing of his attitude, character, training or commitment.

So I will declare myself a numbnut on this particular topic .... and in #Deswilltrust ..
Was it Socrates who disliked the inclusive democracy for those reasons?

Was it Socrates who disliked the inclusive democracy for those reasons?

No idea ... usually when unknown .. all quotes are attributed to either Archimedes or Einstein .. . though Winston did have something to say on the subject ...

He and Best dominated junior reps. They toyed with the opposition.
Best clearly has made a mark in brief appearances.
Sure, he has yet to be measured against men, but he has more talent in his little finger than most of our incumbent backline.
Time will tell, and the pubs & clubs are littered with broken down junior rep wannabes.
I respect Des on this, maybe it’s his attitude, because he gave Will a shot very early.
For Manly’s sake, I hope we make the correct decision

He and Best dominated junior reps. They toyed with the opposition.
Best clearly has made a mark in brief appearances.
Sure, he has yet to be measured against men, but he has more talent in his little finger than most of our incumbent backline.
Time will tell, and the pubs & clubs are littered with broken down junior rep wannabes.
I respect Des on this, maybe it’s his attitude, because he gave Will a shot very early.
For Manly’s sake, I hope we make the correct decision

I think the fact he hasn't played for 2 years while recovering from knee injuries & hasnt been able to play in reggies this year due to COVID is a major factor that is being overlooked by many calling for him to be given a run.

I think the fact he hasn't played for 2 years while recovering from knee injuries & hasnt been able to play in reggies this year due to COVID is a major factor that is being overlooked by many calling for him to be given a run.
Very true, and important to the debate.
Successful Ops, Good rehab and mental strength also come into the equation
2021 might be his chance to get involved

I fear we will regret this decision. Could it be another Gutho moment.

I think a large factor behind our regret in letting Gutho go (apart from the fact he's a local junior & a likeable bloke) is that he's managed to avoid injury while at Parra & has stayed on the field for them while Tom hasn't for us.

I think a large factor behind our regret in letting Gutho go (apart from the fact he's a local junior & a likeable bloke) is that he's managed to avoid injury while at Parra & has stayed on the field for them while Tom hasn't for us.

That and the fact that we actually had him all signed up before telling him to look elsewhere!

Really merged two decisions. Firstly not playing him now (which bothers me the most is view of our current circumstances) and secondly potentially not resigning him. Gutho got over his injuries and the rest is history. Young Hoppa might too.

Ok. Potentially not signing him is not a decision yet...as far as we can tell. A LOT of people getting really worked up over the Hoppa situation while KNOWING almost nothing about it. Des is doing what needs to be done and what will be, will be.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4