Albert Poll - show me the money....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What do you think he should be offered?

• Total voters

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
breaking away from the main thread for a moment as I'm not sure you can add a poll to a current thread?

So much talk after poster opened lid on Albert's offered contract a few days ago. Lots of views but very little 'we should pay him xxxxx'.

So without bankrupting the club put your open bid down for this hugely talented, untested and hampered by injury young man....

early days but from 22 votes no one thinks over 350k which is interesting. if we have already offered 250k a little bit more wont hurt if required.

now easy to see if another side like the dogs come in and offer 400k we are shot. reality of the market right there.

600 k 2 years with big incentives.

Albert is just as good as Shuster from what I’ve seen of them live and if successful, fixes a good deal of our terrible outside back issues.
Josh plays 5/8 or back row where we are little more strong with Cust improving and good young forwards.
They are BOTH a must keep proposition unless the money is ridiculous.

You always hear junior success doesn’t guarantee anything. And it doesnt.

But try to find great players who WERE NOT junior stars.
Most of the great players were absolute standouts. Just like Tom Albert and Josh.
Elite NRL players rarely if ever come from nowhere and sometimes you just have to back your judgement and pay overs.

Worries me that OSullivan is involved. He was dodgy but was behind a lot of the Storm success.

Last edited:
The 100k increments are too big.

250 is about right but I could go up in 10k increments to get a sweet spot. 350 is big money.

That sort of money for an injury prone and untested player just leaves me gobsmacked... Give it to Schuster and make hoppa earn it. Base wage until he proves himself with no special treatment. IMO

If he is indeed demanding a large contract & Manly give in to his demands, what would that do for team morale, when you've got several other young players who have come through the ranks with him also coming through?

Albert comes in as a winger & back up fullback.

He gets paid more than:

Funa - centre/winger/fullback
Cust - five eighth/back up hooker
Olakau'atu - second rower
Fainu (dependant on legal outcome) - hooker
Schuster - half/lock
Metcalfe - back

Simply because of his surname, the promise he showed up until the age of 16 & his demands?

That could potentially destroy future team harmony. If I was any of the above named players I'd be asking why I'm not getting paid as much as Albert when he hasnt played for 2 years.

The other players will love it. Ask most of them who they think is the next star on the horizon. It’s Albert. Jake said it publically recently. Players want to win football games rather than worry about 50k. If every player worried about that rubbish every team would be a basket case. And he will help them win games.

Winning plenty of games also ncreases everyone value If you are a mid tier player. Witness the contracts ordinary Storm players commanded when they left.

Lose a lot and it’s the opposite.No one wants to know you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8