AGM - Brookie Topic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
zn entire million when so many other grounds got ****loads more, some even labor seats and Abbott had nothing to do with the funding anyways.

Eric Galt said:
Eric Galt
If Abbott got a majority why isn't he in power then?. Fact is he did not get a majority, thankfully. More MP's supported Labor and they are in power, again thankfully.

[/quote]

Right.
I supposed you're happy with all the prices going up because of the carbon tax we won't be having but we'll be getting anyway, and because of this global cooling we've been experiencing. I guess someone has to pay for the country to get back in the black.

Furthermore, because we (HUGE 21 million population in Australia) can sustain a pay rise for Julia & MPs, she can easily double in David Cameron's pay (UK - 62 million population).
See -
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/8958201/Australian-PM-criticised-for-pay-increase-to-double-David-Camerons-wage.html.

... and be above Barrack Obama's pay (USA - 312 million population),
See -
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/pollies-in-line-for-huge-pay-increase/story-e6freon6-1226210702704

I know, I know. Most politicians are crooks.
There's no such thing as true democracy in Australia.
If there were, true majority will have the say. None of these post-election banding together after people have voted and they have the final say.

What about the guy from Tasmania with a 40,000 electorate who will dictate the nation on Pokie reforms??? Now, that's a minority voice!

This should be the way:

** 1 person, 1 vote. None of this broken up into areas with varying population.
** Rid compulsory election. Some people vote because they are forced to, resulting in donkey votes for those who don't know or don't care. Voting is optional in USA, NZ, UK. True democracy should mean you have the freedom to choose to vote or not to vote.
** Major law changes, there should be a referendum by each and everyone who cares to vote.
** Armament, Oil & Resource Corporations (mining and fracking) should be banned from lobbying governments. This way, soldiers won't be sent to war zones under the pre-text of a "democracy spreading" mission just so some corporation can sell more weapons or achieve some gain from wars.
** Governments cannot break election promises without going for a referendum.

---

As I have said many times the man with the discretionary funds is Albanese. He hates Manly with a passion and has said to me many times they can kiss his arse and they'll still get zip (colloquially speaking). Anyway the unit development around a sporting arena is a good thing and exists in many places around the planet. The State Govt is broke, so no money there, and probably the local council is as well. Combining the five council areas on the North Shore would be a good thing, as then the Oval would be seen as a regional facility, not a local ground and be funded by the combined council areas. I believe this is in the wind somewhere. Anyway this fight will go on for many years to come and hopefully we'll all survive the GFC, impending world depression and the global warming troubles, to see Brookvale oval developed for our 25th Premiership in 2030.

Ramrod said:
Eric Galt said:
Eric Galt
If Abbott got a majority why isn't he in power then?. Fact is he did not get a majority, thankfully. More MP's supported Labor and they are in power, again thankfully.

Right.
I supposed you're happy with all the prices going up because of the carbon tax we won't be having but we'll be getting anyway, and because of this global cooling we've been experiencing. I guess someone has to pay for the country to get back in the black.

Furthermore, because we (HUGE 21 million population in Australia) can sustain a pay rise for Julia & MPs, she can easily double in David Cameron's pay (UK - 62 million population).
See -
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/8958201/Australian-PM-criticised-for-pay-increase-to-double-David-Camerons-wage.html.

... and be above Barrack Obama's pay (USA - 312 million population),
See -
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/pollies-in-line-for-huge-pay-increase/story-e6freon6-1226210702704

I know, I know. Most politicians are crooks.
There's no such thing as true democracy in Australia.
If there were, true majority will have the say. None of these post-election banding together after people have voted and they have the final say.

What about the guy from Tasmania with a 40,000 electorate who will dictate the nation on Pokie reforms??? Now, that's a minority voice!

This should be the way:

** 1 person, 1 vote. None of this broken up into areas with varying population.
** Rid compulsory election. Some people vote because they are forced to, resulting in donkey votes for those who don't know or don't care. Voting is optional in USA, NZ, UK. True democracy should mean you have the freedom to choose to vote or not to vote.
** Major law changes, there should be a referendum by each and everyone who cares to vote.
** Armament, Oil & Resource Corporations (mining and fracking) should be banned from lobbying governments. This way, soldiers won't be sent to war zones under the pre-text of a "democracy spreading" mission just so some corporation can sell more weapons or achieve some gain from wars.
** Governments cannot break election promises without going for a referendum.

--- Obviously you keep up with the Jones'...Alans in particular.No credibility for mine. Given the very unusual circumstances Julia is coping with it better than Tony could. Many of your other ideas show original, constructive views. Pity Alan does not apply the same approach...

See the old girl on Channel 10 News tonight? The story was about the state govt looking to institute a more equitable distribution of funds between the NRL grounds for upgrades, with special mention being made of the favourable alignment of circumstances that allowed Kogarah to pick up $40 million in state and federal funding. Since the Dragons returned to Jubilee in 2003 they have played 45 NRL games there, working out to about $800k state/federal funding per game.

Showed Brookvale with the Parkview Constructions barriers up and work underway. Mentioned we are the premiers and have only received $7 million in state/federal money since 2005. Max Krilich was briefly interviewed.

Sounds helpful. Maybe there's hope there. I was thinking of the $45 Million spent of our failed FIFA World Cup quest. What a waste. Mark Arbib is the Federal Sports Minister and a soccer lover, so there's no money there. All in all it is my opinion that the 'Trust' road is the way we should be heading. And as well, encouraging the State Govt to combine the North Shore Council areas into one large regional body.

DSM5 said:
And as well, encouraging the State Govt to combine the North Shore Council areas into one large regional body.

Interesting idea but I don't see how changes on the North Shore will help what is happening on the Northern beaches.

firechild said:
DSM5 said:
And as well, encouraging the State Govt to combine the North Shore Council areas into one large regional body.

Interesting idea but I don't see how changes on the North Shore will help what is happening on the Northern beaches.

At the Very Least, Pittwater, Manly & Warringah should be combined.

arty said:
--- Obviously you keep up with the Jones'...Alans in particular.No credibility for mine. Given the very unusual circumstances Julia is coping with it better than Tony could. Many of your other ideas show original, constructive views. Pity Alan does not apply the same approach...

You may not be glad to know, ... I don't listen to radio.
The last time I've heard about Alan Jones was when he was on TV Sports News as coach of Balmain in the early 90s.

---

Fluffy said:
So your are obviously not up with the times, explains a lot

So "you're" saying listening to Alan Jones qualifies for being up with the times? :-/

---

Anyone been down to Brookie recently? If so how quick are the renovations progressing? All this rain we've experienced can't be helping the project.

I was down there a week or two ago, basically just have levelled the site and go rid of the old kiosk & beer huts that were there.

Not sure what has been done recently

Are they really getting rid of the old pisser in the north east corner of the ground? That will make it a long way to walk for a whiz if they do!

Stevo - I know we have no faith in the council but surely they will put some dunnies in the new stand

Ramrod said:
Fluffy said:
So your are obviously not up with the times, explains a lot

So "you're" saying listening to Alan Jones qualifies for being up with the times? :-/

---

Nope, saying that if him at the tigers is the last you knew you are way out of it.

Mals said:
Anyone been down to Brookie recently? If so how quick are the renovations progressing? All this rain we've experienced can't be helping the project.

I was there on 21/12 and they were driving pilings/footings for the new stand and kiosk development.

Stevo - it's the northwestern toilet block that looks like it's going.

I hope the work includes some renovation to the Family Hill kiosk. That building's fascia is looking very decrepit.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6