AFL , no jab no play will NRL do the same

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Boosters are normal for vaccines, eg tetanus.

The covid vaxes are based on the MERS treatment from the early 2010s, that’s one reason why they got through approval pretty quickly. They are safe wombat.
@wombatgc

Yes silly me I actually forgot to mention that , the vaccines were originally developed for SARS , so a lot of testing had already been done so it was able to fast tracked due to this.

Thanks for that MFB. It's always good to get credible information. There's so much garbage being spread about this thing that it'd be funny if it weren't so serious.

I'm lucky enough to have a cousin who has a career in medical research spanning more than 30 years. Her list of awards is as long as your arm but includes an Order of Australia and she was NSW woman of the year in 2020.

I asked her (kind of knowing the answer anyway) if I should get the vaccine when I become eligible.

I'll never forget her response. And coming from a woman who is not prone to profanities she looks me straight in the eye and says "Anyone who doesn't get the vaccine is a f***ing idiot".

That'll do me. Now everyone's free to do as they wish. But I'll go with her opinion if it's all they same with everyone else.
Yes they are free to do as they wish but I have to agree with you.

I have to very dear friends who were on the Coral princess sailing around South America last February, yes the boat that no one would take and sailed around for 6 weeks trying to get a berth to unload the 600 Aussies on board.

They were Covid free , until they were able to dump the Americans on board in Argentina , only trouble is they closed the airport and 200 of the 800 had to come back on board , and bingo , “ Covid heaven “.

Col & Phyl are almost 70, two very fit people and now 18 months later are both battling serious disease they’d never had before.

Col with heart issues , Phyl with kidney issues, brought on by Covid.

So yes for me the choice of a vaccine to protect me against this wasn’t even an issue.

Up to everyone, but please , don’t let this happen to you.

I just think the nrl’s stance makes them look weak - as per usual. Crazy when they just about condone some players use of illicit drugs

I bet the panther’s players will all get vaxxed rather than missing the world club challenge

Last edited:
Mate two things for you , and take from this what you will.

One

Rosemary ( Mrs MFB) spent more than a decade here working in medical research ( drug trials ). She explained to me that due to lack of funds it can be a slow process. The drug companies don’t want to invest millions in fast tracking anything in case it fails as that’s just money wasted , so they go very slowly , with limited funds so that the moment there’s an issue they pull the trial and have only expended a low cost to that point.

When we heard these drugs were going to be approved within 6-9 months ( it can be 2-3 years ) she jumped onto the phone to her old boss , a Dr who had been involved in Drug trials for 30 years.

He’d been getting the heads up from Europe / America and said literally BILLIONS were invested ( backed by Governments) to get these trials through quickly so instead of a low cost 2-3 year process there was a rapid , extremely high cost , 6-9 month process. In essence far far more than would ever be spent on a normal drug and expended in a third if the time.

He felt the due diligence had been more than done!!

So we got our jabs, with zero side affects now after 5 months.

Two

Do NOT think this is just an old persons disease , Jane ( my daughter in Melbourne ) lost a good friend of hers , a mother of two , 45, fit and healthy , no underlying issues that she was aware of. Her slightly disabled son picked it up at his special school and of course had to be cared for at home. She picked it up , was in hospital in 10 days , in ICU after 5 days and dead within 14.

Her husband , and two children couldn’t be with her when she died , and she couldn’t have a funeral.

An absolute tragedy!!

So please mate , I understand your position , but consider wisely as when this bastard arrives on the 17th of December it’ll spread like wildfire among the unvaccinated.
Well explained as always mate.

Vaccines train your body to fight the specific virus, by introducing a small part of the virus’s cells (a harmless sequence of it) to you in a solution. There are no mystery “chemicals” in vaccines, and you can’t catch the virus from it.

That is the basic summary of how vaccines work.

Testing of vaccines is not really about finding out if they are safe, the testing is to find out if they are effective.

Boosters are normal for vaccines, eg tetanus.

The covid vaxes are based on the MERS treatment from the early 2010s, that’s one reason why they got through approval pretty quickly. They are safe wombat.
I think my hesitation comes from all the misinformation or opinions not backed up by facts as well.And also my personal history of meds that has ended up doing more damage than good.
But you know why I put it out there?, is because APPARENTLY I was told by the wife and daughter that I have a habit of referencing information garnered from Silvertails as gospel.I was livid!,and went on a rant that just because it’s a footy forum, it doesn’t mean that is all that is talked about, and believe it or not there are plenty of intelligent, worldly ppl on the forum, and that I don’t take them all as gospel, but I have a pretty good idea of those that can not only offer a different stand point, but back it up with facts .And then I tried to show them yours and MFBs responses, but they were pissing themselves larfing that I had taken the bait, and definitely run with it. The daughters just pointing at me, going look at his beetroot head, he’s gunna explode. Bastards I tell you!
But I do appreciate ppl that can come back with facts and/or figures to back their argument, as you and MFB did.
I see my doctor on Tuesday, and I’ll get him to get the jab underway.

That would be discrimination to follow your lead, also given 20% of the NSW population isn't fully vaxed (if you trust the governments stats) then that would be 6 out of our 30 roster. What if those 6 included turbo, jake, cherry, Garrick, Marty and groca, would you respect their choice or sh...t on them as well

Would be a kick in the guts as they are our best, but probably would be the same if said players got Covid halfway through the season and ended up in hospital for a few weeks with reduced lung capacity etc and blew away our season.

In any case those players wouldn't be able to play for anyone else and would free up a lot of cap space and the world moves forward without them.

I think my hesitation comes from all the misinformation or opinions not backed up by facts as well.And also my personal history of meds that has ended up doing more damage than good.
But you know why I put it out there?, is because APPARENTLY I was told by the wife and daughter that I have a habit of referencing information garnered from Silvertails as gospel.I was livid!,and went on a rant that just because it’s a footy forum, it doesn’t mean that is all that is talked about, and believe it or not there are plenty of intelligent, worldly ppl on the forum, and that I don’t take them all as gospel, but I have a pretty good idea of those that can not only offer a different stand point, but back it up with facts .And then I tried to show them yours and MFBs responses, but they were pissing themselves larfing that I had taken the bait, and definitely run with it. The daughters just pointing at me, going look at his beetroot head, he’s gunna explode. Bastards I tell you!
But I do appreciate ppl that can come back with facts and/or figures to back their argument, as you and MFB did.
I see my doctor on Tuesday, and I’ll get him to get the jab underway.
Smart work mate, don’t listen to anyone other than your local GP who knows you, knows your health well and will give you unbiased personal advice.

Smart work mate, don’t listen to anyone other than your local GP who knows you, knows your health well and will give you unbiased personal advice.
We have to trust the medical advice and no one knows you better than your own GP.

Fair comment !!

On the same topic but not footy has anyone read that many of the tennis stars that usually come for the Australian Open won’t be in attendance as apparently only 65% of males and 60% of females are vaccinated.

Absentee’s could include last years male winner.

I know someone who works for big medical companies (Pfizer etc) who basically researches existing medical studies and creates meta studies, basically a cumulative of all relevant studies.
Earlier in the year she was hesitant to get covid Vax, because in her opinion it was too soon into the development and testing, and she has a career of finding cover ups and doctored trials, she is softening her view now that there is so much data.

It's interesting when she lists the mistakes the feds made when they paniced though.

I know someone who works for big medical companies (Pfizer etc) who basically researches existing medical studies and creates meta studies, basically a cumulative of all relevant studies.
Earlier in the year she was hesitant to get covid Vax, because in her opinion it was too soon into the development and testing, and she has a career of finding cover ups and doctored trials, she is softening her view now that there is so much data.

It's interesting when she lists the mistakes the feds made when they paniced though.
To be fair , I really don’t blame ANY of the politicians for what happened from February to the middle of this year.

That’s state ( including my own Premier who I despise ) and federal.

There were no playbooks , no manual and yes they ALL made mistakes.

We need to move on and rake the politics out of the equation.

And that’s despite them all making lots of **** ups , and let’s face it each of them have.

At the end of the day if you make a list of the people who are against vaccination .. ask yourself “would I like to be associated with the people on this list? Would I take any notice of them about other topics?”

On the same topic but not footy has anyone read that many of the tennis stars that usually come for the Australian Open won’t be in attendance as apparently only 65% of males and 60% of females are vaccinated.

Absentee’s could include last years male winner.

Yeah , it’s going to get nasty.

But Dan the Man will be politically crucified if he lets them in!!
Yeah, you’d hate to be anyone of the state premiers. Ya f@cked if you do, f@cked if you don’t.
‘When ICAC got Gladys, I thought who would put their hand up for that poison chalice.
‘Then along comes Dominic "the baby maker". He only took it so he’s at work more and doesn’t have to deal with his offsprings. ;)

Yeah, you’d hate to be anyone of the state premiers. Ya f@cked if you do, f@cked if you don’t.
‘When ICAC got Gladys, I thought who would put their hand up for that poison chalice.
‘Then along comes Dominic "the baby maker". He only took it so he’s at work more and doesn’t have to deal with his offsprings. ;)
My Mrs went to school with his sister. Big familes run in the, well family.
Seems he is tied into Gladbags corruption already

To be fair , I really don’t blame ANY of the politicians for what happened from February to the middle of this year.

That’s state ( including my own Premier who I despise ) and federal.

There were no playbooks , no manual and yes they ALL made mistakes.

We need to move on and rake the politics out of the equation.

And that’s despite them all making lots of **** ups , and let’s face it each of them have.
Clearly the feds and NSW ( followed by VIC) were the worst pre and post the timeframe you mention, hopefully we don't see the spike in cases they are getting in UK and Europe now. Massive numbers and deaths in those places, some who have a lot of vaxxed but hardly a mention in our media compared to the blanket coverage of Italy, UK and USA from a year ago

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4