AFL , no jab no play will NRL do the same

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Its only when it starts burning the hip pocket will the anti vax players fall into line.

Player x on a 700k contract is all of a sudden told sorry once we take out matches in QLd, Vic and NZ your contract will only be 575k so all good yeah will player x rush to get the jab.
Yes, its a bit like Hopoate at the Dogs when he said that he wouldn't play on Sundays due to his religious beliefs. That quickly changed when the Dogs said that they would dock his pay accordingly.

I dont agree to pandering to the 5% to the detriment of the 95%.
That would be discrimination to follow your lead, also given 20% of the NSW population isn't fully vaxed (if you trust the governments stats) then that would be 6 out of our 30 roster. What if those 6 included turbo, jake, cherry, Garrick, Marty and groca, would you respect their choice or sh...t on them as well

I listened to someone from NZ being interviewed this week about their COVID situation and they said the issue around Auckland was that there was a huge amount of vaccine hesitancy in what he called the "Pacifica" communities.

Maybe that has something to do with the NRL's decision.

As someone who is dealing with this in the workplace (I am double jabbed etc) it is an developing area which is far from easy to navigate
I would suggest it’s a bloody minefield , would I be right in saying this ??

Very much so

To be honest it is a matter of skating around it. We try to enforce a double jab without enforcing it (if that makes sense)
Yeah as I say a minefield.

I really don’t know what to think , part of me ( the part not wanting to get sick ) says “ all restaurants, cafes , bars , nightclubs , sporting events “ should be for the vaccinated only , but then the other part of me thinks well “ they have rights too”.

It’s a tough one

Last edited:
I listened to someone from NZ being interviewed this week about their COVID situation and they said the issue around Auckland was that there was a huge amount of vaccine hesitancy in what he called the "Pacifica" communities.

Maybe that has something to do with the NRL's decision.
Just on NZ I heard prime Minister Arden personally called the family of every covid death.
She has done some good things.

Yeah as a day a minefield.

I really don’t know what to think , part of me ( the part not wanting to get sick ) says “ all restaurants, cafes , bars , nightclubs , sporting events “ should be for the vaccinated only , but then the other part of me thinks well “ they have rights too”.

It’s a tough one
To me its not really a tough one @Mark from Brisbane as the advancement of public welfare in any society, is more important than individual human rights. The greatest happiness principle, as expressed through the sum welfare of the community as a whole, should always carry greater weight then individual freedom of choice.

I’m no anti-vaxxer by any means. I’ve had a shiit load of toxic drugs pumped into me because of health issues in my time. The one thing that has held me back from getting the jab, is the corners that have been cut in clinical trials in a rush to get these vaxins pumped into the general population. Already some people are requiring ’booster’ shots. I am in the wait and see line for a bit longer. It’s too early to get feedback data on any severe side effects the jab contains.

I’m no anti-vaxxer by any means. I’ve had a shiit load of toxic drugs pumped into me because of health issues in my time. The one thing that has held me back from getting the jab, is the corners that have been cut in clinical trials in a rush to get these vaxins pumped into the general population. Already some people are requiring ’booster’ shots. I am in the wait and see line for a bit longer. It’s too early to get feedback data on any severe side effects the jab contains.
Booster shots will be here forever.
Unfortunately the manufacturers will go from emergency mode to money making mode, this is what they have done and will continue to do.
For over 20 straight years they told us that " this year's flu is worse than last year".

Mate two things for you , and take from this what you will.

One

Rosemary ( Mrs MFB) spent more than a decade here working in medical research ( drug trials ). She explained to me that due to lack of funds it can be a slow process. The drug companies don’t want to invest millions in fast tracking anything in case it fails as that’s just money wasted , so they go very slowly , with limited funds so that the moment there’s an issue they pull the trial and have only expended a low cost to that point.

When we heard these drugs were going to be approved within 6-9 months ( it can be 2-3 years ) she jumped onto the phone to her old boss , a Dr who had been involved in Drug trials for 30 years.

He’d been getting the heads up from Europe / America and said literally BILLIONS were invested ( backed by Governments) to get these trials through quickly so instead of a low cost 2-3 year process there was a rapid , extremely high cost , 6-9 month process. In essence far far more than would ever be spent on a normal drug and expended in a third if the time.

He felt the due diligence had been more than done!!

So we got our jabs, with zero side affects now after 5 months.

Two

Do NOT think this is just an old persons disease , Jane ( my daughter in Melbourne ) lost a good friend of hers , a mother of two , 45, fit and healthy , no underlying issues that she was aware of. Her slightly disabled son picked it up at his special school and of course had to be cared for at home. She picked it up , was in hospital in 10 days , in ICU after 5 days and dead within 14.

Her husband , and two children couldn’t be with her when she died , and she couldn’t have a funeral.

An absolute tragedy!!

So please mate , I understand your position , but consider wisely as when this bastard arrives on the 17th of December it’ll spread like wildfire among the unvaccinated.

Problem I see is canceling a players contract in March because he can't travel or enter a ground .. and then in April all restrictions are removed .. what then ??

Boosters are normal for vaccines, eg tetanus.

The covid vaxes are based on the MERS treatment from the early 2010s, that’s one reason why they got through approval pretty quickly. They are safe wombat.

Last edited:
Mate two things for you , and take from this what you will.

One

Rosemary ( Mrs MFB) spent more than a decade here working in medical research ( drug trials ). She explained to me that due to lack of funds it can be a slow process. The drug companies don’t want to invest millions in fast tracking anything in case it fails as that’s just money wasted , so they go very slowly , with limited funds so that the moment there’s an issue they pull the trial and have only expended a low cost to that point.

When we heard these drugs were going to be approved within 6-9 months ( it can be 2-3 years ) she jumped onto the phone to her old boss , a Dr who had been involved in Drug trials for 30 years.

He’d been getting the heads up from Europe / America and said literally BILLIONS were invested ( backed by Governments) to get these trials through quickly so instead of a low cost 2-3 year process there was a rapid , extremely high cost , 6-9 month process. In essence far far more than would ever be spent on a normal drug and expended in a third if the time.

He felt the due diligence had been more than done!!

So we got our jabs, with zero side affects now after 5 months.

Two

Do NOT think this is just an old persons disease , Jane ( my daughter in Melbourne ) lost a good friend of hers , a mother of two , 45, fit and healthy , no underlying issues that she was aware of. Her slightly disabled son picked it up at his special school and of course had to be cared for at home. She picked it up , was in hospital in 10 days , in ICU after 5 days and dead within 14.

Her husband , and two children couldn’t be with her when she died , and she couldn’t have a funeral.

An absolute tragedy!!

So please mate , I understand your position , but consider wisely as when this bastard arrives on the 17th of December it’ll spread like wildfire among the unvaccinated.

Thanks for that MFB. It's always good to get credible information. There's so much garbage being spread about this thing that it'd be funny if it weren't so serious.

I'm lucky enough to have a cousin who has a career in medical research spanning more than 30 years. Her list of awards is as long as your arm but includes an Order of Australia and she was NSW woman of the year in 2020.

I asked her (kind of knowing the answer anyway) if I should get the vaccine when I become eligible.

I'll never forget her response. And coming from a woman who is not prone to profanities she looks me straight in the eye and says "Anyone who doesn't get the vaccine is a f***ing idiot".

That'll do me. Now everyone's free to do as they wish. But I'll go with her opinion if it's all they same with everyone else.

Some NRL clubs are calling for the right axe players who refuse the COVID-19 vaccine as the AFL's jab mandate puts further pressure on the code

The league stepped up talks with the players union over its vaccination policy on Friday, with both parties to negotiate an agreement to put before the ARL Commission next week.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8