• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Unfortunately it looks like AFB is our missing piece (or one of).

AFB is the alpha male and one of the few props who can match it with Storm & Penrith.

Marty, Aloiai and Paseka have been great this year but when it counts a GF winner needs a hardened vet / alpha male in the middle to win us the comp - it is yet to be seen if these guys have that, it doesn’t look like they do. Especially Marty, you’d think by now he would have that energy about him but he hasn’t really stood up in the big games IMO.

Im sure if we had AFB we wouldn’t be nearly as rolled like we were on Friday v the storm.
Have to disagree sorry.

Paseka 1 game back from Injury. Vera only a few games back from spending most of the season on sidelines and Marty just had an off night.

AFB is a big dog yes but to expand on your main point we wouldn't have won v the storm because if AFB was still here we wouldn't have made that game IMHO.

Our Pack when firing is big and mobile. They just lack finals experience which is possibly more important than talent when you get to the business end of season.

Why is it whenever we lose a game, so many of our ex- or dropped players are suddenly canonised?

AFB had his moments, yes, but he was also prone to brainfarts that led to giving away penalties quite often.

He didn't play well every game so was inconsistent too.

He also spent most of this season out injured for the Warriors so how would he have helped us get to better than 4th place?

Last edited:
The forwards were flat no doubt, but obviously their running metres are going to be down when we (a) keep spreading the ball to the edges and (b) turn possession over and start to fatigue under the weight of the opposition having the ball all the time.

turning over possession constantly against a good side like the Storm is only going to result in one outcome; Friday night! You’ve got to make Melbourne earn their points to have any chance of winning...we gave away 6 in the first 5 minutes.

Have to disagree sorry.

Paseka 1 game back from Injury. Vera only a few games back from spending most of the season on sidelines and Marty just had an off night.

AFB is a big dog yes but to expand on your main point we wouldn't have won v the storm because if AFB was still here we wouldn't have made that game IMHO.

Our Pack when firing is big and mobile. They just lack finals experience which is possibly more important than talent when you get to the business end of season.
I agree on Paseka - he could be the one a lot of potential but doens't look to have the hunger that your AFB, JWH, Haas, JFH has...
Aloiai - maybe.

Marty - he hasn't really shown to have stepped up massively vs great teams in recent years when you look at how experienced he is, 31 year old prop, 200 games....

Whether you like it or not AFB is a top 3-4 prop in the comp, and none of our props are anywhere near that (lucky to make top 10-15).

Why is it whenever we lose a game, so many of our ex- or dropped players are suddenly canonised?

AFB had his moments, yes, but he was also prone to brainfarts that led to giving away penalties quite often.

He didn't play well every game so was inconsistent too.

He also spent most of this season out injured for the Warriors so how would he have helped us get to better than 4th place?
more penalties than the current crop? We gave 9 away on Friday night.

I seriously think some of the silvertails are guilty of not giving AFB credit where it is due... he did carry our pack for 2-3 years and is far better than any of our current props.

It could be argued that AFB was responsible for much destabilisation and, had he been in the team, we may not have even made the finals, let alone top four.
Like last year maybe.
Just a thought.
how could it be argued? What insight do we have or knowledge that is out there that he caused a destabilisation amongst the group? On social media he looked to be close to a lot of the boys and also the senior players like DCE.

Putting the blame on AFB for last years result with 0 insight / knowledge of what caused the 'destabilisation' of the group (likely turbo out, fainu out no adjustment) is a hail mary guess.

more penalties than the current crop? We gave 9 away on Friday night.

I seriously think some of the silvertails are guilty of not giving AFB credit where it is due... he did carry our pack for 2-3 years and is far better than any of our current props.
I daresay that's subjective & in response ask you, which of those 2-3 years (with AFB carrying our pack) did we do as well as we have this year?

I daresay that's subjective & in response ask you, which of those 2-3 years (with AFB carrying our pack) did we do as well as we have this year?
in those 2-3 years did we have turbo and DCE on fire?

I think our top 4 placing is very much the performance of those two, forans return and the rise of schuster & olakau;atu, rather than our middle being better without AFB.

in those 2-3 years did we have turbo and DCE on fire?

I think our top 4 placing is very much the performance of those two, forans return and the rise of schuster & olakau;atu, rather than our middle being better without AFB.
So there are too many variables to be able to say that AFB would have improved our performance on Friday night.

Our whole team was flat IMO, a single player wouldn't have been able to change that.

AFB could have been anything at Manly. Unfortunately it didn't happen that way. He left us for greener pastures, and that hasn't worked out for him so far. Such is life in the NRL.

I agree on Paseka - he could be the one a lot of potential but doens't look to have the hunger that your AFB, JWH, Haas, JFH has...
Aloiai - maybe.

Marty - he hasn't really shown to have stepped up massively vs great teams in recent years when you look at how experienced he is, 31 year old prop, 200 games....

Whether you like it or not AFB is a top 3-4 prop in the comp, and none of our props are anywhere near that (lucky to make top 10-15).
im in total agreement that he was and is one of the best props in the game. However, he had a whinge, dropped off in form on purpose, had a bad attitude and left. for me the best thing the club could have done was to ship him out which they did.

im in total agreement that he was and is one of the best props in the game. However, he had a whinge, dropped off in form on purpose, had a bad attitude and left. for me the best thing the club could have done was to ship him out which they did.
looks like we will be waiting for a comp until a top prop joins us or paseka steps up.

My bet is we come 2nd this year or next year, then 2023 comp win

looks like we will be waiting for a comp until a top prop joins us or paseka steps up.

My bet is we come 2nd this year or next year, then 2023 comp win
I feel paseka is very close. I'm voting for a new nickname. The 'Hulk'.... hes been a bit like Bruce banner up until now but when the bigman comes to the party ****es getting real..... hulk could even turn up this weekend.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4