• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Welp at least he's not out for the season whilst taking up our cap. We've already lost one of our only forwards who was having a go for the season. Losing two would have been dire.

Did we dodge a bullet this year? Hard to see at this point, but perhaps AFB's knee was just waiting to go...............

Sad for him I know, but at least we won't have to put up with seeing him charge through our forwards tonight.

With Roger and Tohu out it woulda been between him and Lodge lol
Tevaga ?? Even Nikorima - at least he has been there a couple of seasons

But you are right - look at the Warriors side and 99% of the side would have less than 50 games for the club

It's probably been said before but for all AFB is a world class player, I'm much happier with the balance of our squad without him, especially when you consider that his direct replacement has been injured for most of the season

AFB seemed like one of the best players in the team but the group never looked as happy and united as they do now when he was there. I think he is a bad personality - he had his fair share of well publicised incidents on and off the field. I suspect that’s why the club didn’t put up a fight when he wanted out. Making him captain seems like an incredibly dumb idea…

Unfortunately it looks like AFB is our missing piece (or one of).

AFB is the alpha male and one of the few props who can match it with Storm & Penrith.

Marty, Aloiai and Paseka have been great this year but when it counts a GF winner needs a hardened vet / alpha male in the middle to win us the comp - it is yet to be seen if these guys have that, it doesn’t look like they do. Especially Marty, you’d think by now he would have that energy about him but he hasn’t really stood up in the big games IMO.

Im sure if we had AFB we wouldn’t be nearly as rolled like we were on Friday v the storm.

Paseka showed some good signs on Friday night , Alioia is usually strong and solid there . need more from Marty in attack and defence . If Keppie can show his best form , will be a good help as well . Couldn "t have 2 props on really big money , no doubt would have been preferable for A F B to stay but wanted out, just need Marty to largely fill the void especially and the younger brigade to step up also , Still a formidable prop grouping when all available and firing ., and still Sipley to consider .

In fairness to our big boppers , Friday night was a flat and confused performance all round - I think you will find they are far better for it....Paseka I felt battered his way forward a few occasions, but Aloai and Marty well off the pace, I reckon ALL will omprove and get another chance to show what they got.

I know stats don't tell a full story, but in 32 mins, Paseka had 9 runs for 88 metres with 36 post contact. An average of 10m per run is good going against any opposition let alone the Storm, even taking kick return metres into account. As a comparison J Bromich, Welch & NAS all had similar post contact metres (44, 41, 40 respectively) but from more runs - (15, 16 & 13 respectively), so our bloke had more post contact metres on average then those Storm forwards. That stacks up with what my eyes were telling me - Paseka went good in the limited time he had on the paddock.

Just looking for some positives from the game, lol.

Unfortunately it looks like AFB is our missing piece (or one of).

AFB is the alpha male and one of the few props who can match it with Storm & Penrith.

Marty, Aloiai and Paseka have been great this year but when it counts a GF winner needs a hardened vet / alpha male in the middle to win us the comp - it is yet to be seen if these guys have that, it doesn’t look like they do. Especially Marty, you’d think by now he would have that energy about him but he hasn’t really stood up in the big games IMO.

Im sure if we had AFB we wouldn’t be nearly as rolled like we were on Friday v the storm.
It could be argued that AFB was responsible for much destabilisation and, had he been in the team, we may not have even made the finals, let alone top four.
Like last year maybe.
Just a thought.

It could be argued that AFB was responsible for much destabilisation and, had he been in the team, we may not have even made the finals, let alone top four.
Like last year maybe.
Just a thought.
From what I remember there was no destabilation on the field for Manly when AFB was playing for us .

There was only destruction and intimidation of the opposition

AFB was the balls of our pack as far as I am concerned

From what I remember there was no destabilation on the field for Manly when AFB was playing for us .

I've really never understood the whole toughness = balls thing. You only need to say boo to a bloke's balls and he's writing around on the ground in agony!
But I know subtlety escapes you Bozo so maybe just look at how far the destruction and intimidation got us last year. 13th wasn't it?

I've really never understood the whole toughness = balls thing. You only need to say boo to a bloke's balls and he's writing around on the ground in agony!
But I know subtlety escapes you Bozo so maybe just look at how far the destruction and intimidation got us last year. 13th wasn't it?
It is all perception what we all understand

But what we all saw was AFB was the best performing and most intimidating prop not just for Manly but also in the game and that is why NZ dished out 900k for him

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4