• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
have read all 23 pages - what a ride in the last 24 hours!

FWIW: Good luck Addin. You matured and blossomed well here, as we gave him his 'second chance'. He now is a massive player in the game, and we can't afford him in truth. Either way he would be leaving in two years. This way, we get soemthing in return, we are seen to be supportive and understanding of a player, and we can rebuild proactively.

Works for everyone.

~$800k for a 40 minute player? Feels like a big investment! Imagine if we paid that much/minute for DCE (1.6m for an 80min player?) You would be laughed out of town.

It is what it is.

If AFB is fair dinkum about wanting a quite, settled place to raise his family then he should return to his homeland, Tonga.

Not certain AFB is the one that wants a change ... I get the feeling this is being driven by the missus ... get out or get out ..

Maybe he should look into a mirror to see why the players have attitude problems. I know I would if I busted a gut for 5 tackles to watch it fritered away on the last by continual poor options from the leader.
So what are you saying mate, its the last tackle options that is why people leave.What the mirror is crooked.One thing i have learnt in life mate is when you fall you get back up.Blake is his own man mate and whatever decisions he makes or the bed he makes he is the one that lays in it.He can play no doubt and good too,but from what i can see on tv, no mirror needed.

I thought via NRL360 they said he would be on 850k 2021 and 2022 at Manly and Warriors have matched that for the following 3 yrs so it wouldn't be a money issue like Blake Green where Warriors offered him double what he was earning here. So points more to relocation reasons?
I think Manly have seen an opportunity to unload an $850K player whose head isn't in it anymore. The Warriors or whoever agree BUT in return we get a player from them (let's say Jazz) and they foot half his contract as well. Doubt it'll work but that's the position Manly is in now to get a bargain price return.

Come on folks, the journos, like the rest of us here, are merely guessing about the reasons he wants to leave Sydney.
Same as they guess about the value of player contracts. The fact that several differnet journos have quoted drastically different values for Addin's Manly contract really should give everyone a clue about this!
In fact I put more more faith in the accuracy of many of our Silvertails pundits than I do in most of the disclosures and so-called inside tips you see on Fox shows etc. They have to come up with some story or other just to justify their existence, so when they don't quote sources, and they speak in vague or hushed tones, that is about as much as you need to take their horse**** with a grain of salt.

Come on folks, the journos, like the rest of us here, are merely guessing about the reasons he wants to leave Sydney.
Same as they guess about the value of player contracts. The fact that several differnet journos have quoted drastically different values for Addin's Manly contract really should give everyone a clue about this!
In fact I put more more faith in the accuracy of many of our Silvertails pundits than I do in most of the disclosures and so-called inside tips you see on Fox shows etc. They have to come up with some story or other just to justify their existence, so when they don't quote sources, and they speak in vague or hushed tones, that is about as much as you need to take their horse**** with a grain of salt.
All the journos have said 600k this year, 850k next two years which seems on the money. Warriors have matched the 850k for the next couple of years - they are not allowed under the rules to offer more than his current contract. There have been a lot of talk about Marty's contract but I think manly have taken this as an opportunity to ease salary cap pressure - as we all know they are probably paying too much for turbos and DCE. Now its about bringing up the youth and adding depth to some under strength positions. I still dont know how roosters do it, they have origin players on the bench!

I think Manly have seen an opportunity to unload an $850K player whose head isn't in it anymore. The Warriors or whoever agree BUT in return we get a player from them (let's say Jazz) and they foot half his contract as well. Doubt it'll work but that's the position Manly is in now to get a bargain price return.
If they’re dealing with the Warriors,they’re better off just taking the space created in the cap.Other than RTS,who plays a position Manly don’t need to fill especially at his asking price,there is no one else in their squad that would make Manly better that would relocate at the money that makes it worthwhile

Wow okay.. i thought all areas on the beaches were upper class / nice areas

I know this us off the subject, however the title of this forum "Silvertails" is an anacronyism, in that when Roy Masters coined the phrase Fibros v Silvertails, there were probably just as many Fibro houses in the Warringah Shire as there were in the suburbs covered by his Western Suburbs club.

Most were in Narraweena, north of McIntosh St, being new Housing Commision estates, plus old enclaves up the beaches from Narrabeen to Mona Vale.

When you included "Manly" in the equation, his rationale snuck home.

I know this us off the subject, however the title of this forum "Silvertails" is an anacronyism, in that when Roy Masters coined the phrase Fibros v Silvertails, there were probably just as many Fibro houses in the Warringah Shire as there were in the suburbs covered by his Western Suburbs club.

Most were in Narraweena, north of McIntosh St, being new Housing Commision estates, plus old enclaves up the beaches from Narrabeen to Mona Vale.

When you included "Manly" in the equation, his rationale snuck home.
I have heard this before.. i remember Max krillich saying it in the doco. But you would have to think even way back then im assuming those houses were still much more expensive then compared to out here ?( west )

If they’re dealing with the Warriors,they’re better off just taking the space created in the cap.Other than RTS,who plays a position Manly don’t need to fill especially at his asking price,there is no one else in their squad that would make Manly better that would relocate at the money that makes it worthwhile
Yeah maybe I'm just not buying this story that's out there. He's moving because he can't stay away from past questionable associates. Give me break.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2