• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If he is really on 850 k, then I agree our club needs to redistribute that in a way more beneficial to the squad. im staggered he was on that much and I don’t think it could be true

I still think we are underestimating what he did for our team though, he was immense and no other prop compared in our club.

But hopefully it means we can get better squad players and a new purchase or two

If he is really on 850 k, then I agree our club needs to redistribute that in a way more beneficial to the squad. im staggered he was on that much and I don’t think it could be true

I still think we are underestimating what he did for our team though, he was immense and no other prop compared in our club.

But hopefully it means we can get better squad players and a new purchase or two
It also means the club gets rid of one of their players that is suspended at some stage every season and given there’s players that are regularly injured,that’s a plus

Thats ridiculous money for someone who doesn't even play 80

Manly extend Fainu's contract despite player facing trial
Adrian Proszenko
By Adrian Proszenko
September 16, 2020 — 5.49pm

Manly have re-signed Manase Fainu for a further two years in a huge show of faith given the earliest return date for the troubled star is in July of next year.
The NRL suspended Fainu indefinitely under its "no fault" stand-down policy after he was hit with multiple charges after allegedly stabbing a man at a Mormon church dance last October. The Sea Eagles hooker is pleading not guilty and will stand trial in July.
Manase Fainu is fighting to clear his name.

Manase Fainu is fighting to clear his name.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS
Despite the seriousness of the allegations – and the fact he would have been sidelined regardless this season due to a serious shoulder injury – rival clubs have been circling for his signature. The Titans and Bulldogs are among the teams to have expressed an interest in acquiring his services once he becomes a free agent at the end of 2021.
However, Fainu wants to repay the Sea Eagles for standing by him and has agreed to a contract extension, even though it has cost him up to $300,000 a season.

"I’m very grateful for what they have done for me with the position I am in now," Fainu told the Herald. "Loyalty is big for me. If you’re loyal to me, I’ll be loyal back to you.
"Fingers crossed that [I am exonerated], I want to beat this charge.
"I don’t know when I get to play but hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. I just want to get out there with the boys."
Fainu thanked Manly CEO Stephen Humphreys and recruiter Scott Fulton for all the support they had provided while his career has been in the balance. However, the 22-year-old made particular mention of coach Des Hasler.
After being charged with wounding a person with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, affray and recklessly causing grievous bodily harm in company, Fainu spent two weeks behind bars. Hasler was constantly in contact throughout the ordeal and even visited the Tongan international.

"All the guards looked when Des came in and I got a bit more respect when I was inside," he said.
"I’m grateful to Des. Other clubs offered me more money. I just wanted to give back to Des for what he has done.
"He saw me when I was in prison and I want to play with my brothers one day."
Fainu has been earmarked as a future Blues player and siblings Sione, 19, Sam, 16 and Latu, 15, are also contracted to Manly.
Humphreys was hopeful the quartet would fulfil their dream of one day playing in the NRL together.

"We have agreed a new contract for Manase for 2022-3," Humphreys said. "If he is cleared of that, he would be available towards the end of next year.
FMD why would they do that...

We desperately need another decent modern day back rower and winger. If he goes to Warriors would happily take one of their wingers

It's a shame - But that's footy.
C ya - thanks for the past - wont be upset if the knee packs in now.

Yes, he can carry on like a pork chop sometimes. But he's going to be a massive loss. He is one of the very best props in the game and has been one of our best - if not the best - players over the past few seasons. He is a monster on the field, no denying that.

I'm filthy that another club can offer him a ****load and pick him up when he's still under contract to us for another two years. But if he doesn't want to stay, there's no point trying to make him. All we can do is try to get something positive out of it.

Why not mate, it’s a win/win essentially.

He’s contracted next year so we’re paying for him either way in 2021. Extending him (when on field an potential elite hooker) is smart I feel because if he’s found guilty his contract is torn up immediately if he’s innocent we get him on a reasonably modest upgrade.
Re-signing someone who's been out for how long - cant use his arm & may well never make it back anyway. Better to be looking elsewhere for someone without the gangland mentality. Whatever..

We desperately need another decent modern day back rower and winger. If he goes to Warriors would happily take one of their wingers
The problem with trying to get a trade out of the Warriors e.g. one of their wingers,is those guys would 1)have to agree to it and 2)move country,which admittedly they’ve done this year but under sufferance.Cant imagine Maumalo wanting to up root his family.And is there anyone at the Warriors,other than RTS,which is a position the team doesn’t need,worth paying overs for?

Yes, he can carry on like a pork chop sometimes. But he's going to be a massive loss. He is one of the very best props in the game and has been one of our best - if not the best - players over the past few seasons. He is a monster on the field, no denying that.

I'm filthy that another club can offer him a ****load and pick him up when he's still under contract to us for another two years. But if he doesn't want to stay, there's no point trying to make him. All we can do is try to get something positive out of it.
Pretty sure Manly put in a clause that he can't sign somewhere for more money than he was on here. And it has to be a QLD team or Warriors only

The problem with trying to get a trade out of the Warriors e.g. one of their wingers,is those guys would 1)have to agree to it and 2)move country,which admittedly they’ve done this year but under sufferance.Cant imagine Maumalo wanting to up root his family.And is there anyone at the Warriors,other than RTS,which is a position the team doesn’t need,worth paying overs for?
Yes agree, was more wishful thinking. Would of been better timing for this to happen start of year when Tyson Fritzell wanted out. Signing him for 700k would of really balance out the side. Still some good props and a back row of Siro, Jake and Tyson. Think we could improve the back row 2021. Need more metres and threat with the ball. Also a sound defender?

Re-signing someone who's been out for how long - cant use his arm & may well never make it back anyway. Better to be looking elsewhere for someone without the gangland mentality. Whatever..

I agree about his off field stuff that you mentioned mate. Purely based on his talent and the fact he is looking to repay the club by re-signing for what is unders for someone with his talent, I see that as a situation that isn’t bad given no matter what happens he’ll be contracted and paid next year at the very least.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4