• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just choked on my weetbix! Gee huge huge hole. Lets see what the fair compensation is - if it is a swap of props I would be concerned because no prop really is in his class that would be swapped out of a club. Might be a swap for another player - if he is real quality might be ok but still leaves a huge hole at prop. Saying lets play Jake at prop to replace him is a joke. Jake is a fabulous player - great backrower who can grunt it out in the middle but no no way he can make anywhere near the metres AFB does. I do think this gives young Fainu a great chance to step up. I know he is a very good offloader - just not sure if he is big enough to add muscle at prop. Interesting but yes I just vomited!

I can't reconcile "getting out of sydney for personal reasons" with maybe he'll go to melbourne, canberra, warriors, Brisbane, gold coast or north queensland.

If it is personal reasons then there must be a location that is critical to the move.

Article on nrl.com saying that the Warriors have already lodged interest in him. So this could be why he wants to leave. So are we to believe that the Warriors received the media release and then immediately decided they wanted him? Ridiculous, how can this be allowed considering Manly only just released a statement about it?

My gut is telling me the Dragons. No inside scoops. Just my hunch. Ex Player, loads of salary cap space to spare, Wollongong meets the out of Sydney aspect, just got Saab off them, I'd have my cash there.

You could do a huge player swap like the NHL like the following:

• Saab for Garrick
  • Vaughan for AFB
  • McInnes for Fainu's contract rights (dragons having moved him from Hooker already)

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Albert Hopoate
03. Dylan Walker
04. Morgan Harper
05. Jason Saab
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Paul Vaughan
09. Cameron McInnes
10. Marty Taupau
11. Moses Suli
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Cade Cust
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Huamole Olakau'atu

Team would be big, fast, mobile and strong. Just spit balling of course. We'd also be getting cap space back, surely.

I had to resurface when I saw this...I am genuinely glad he is going. We don't need two props on so much money when we have DCE, Tom and Jake on so much money...the squad is unbalanced. Props don't win premierships on their own. If they did, we'd be sitting in the 8 this year.
Having two gun props is not worth it. Better to have 1 and an honest first grader along side.

The other issue is the game is speeding up and AFB is overweight. Further, he vilifies disabled people and carries on like a gansta on instagram...he is not good for our culture.

Also, I have no idea but reading between the lines of "get Out of Sydney" and "compassionate grounds" tells me that this is not money driven...maybe he is in the same predicament as Junior Paulo was.

Earlier in the year, there was a rumour that a Manly player would like his contract upgraded to $700,000. At the time I thought AFB most likely - he would certainly attract that amount & probably more.

The funny part will be if he ends up at the Warriors and they have to play out of NSW next year
They will be playing out of Redcliffe next year. It’s already been sorted. My source is pretty good. As he officially entered the race for the Broncos head coach position . I tried to talk him into leaving the GC, and being Des’ assistant. But he’s had a few assistant gigs, and wants the top job.

i Know. lets blame DCE for AFB running away. sounds like a good plan dont you think?

The sad thing is mate that regardless if money has anything to do with it, even if they are best mates off the field (I don't know if they are), there are some, even Manly fans, who will place the blame, the whole blame and nothing but the blame squarely on DCE's head. More to the point, the blame will land squarely on DCE's salary.

No doubt there will be those on social media (Facebook and Twitter) who will blame not being able to keep him because we're paying Cherry "way too much".

I had to resurface when I saw this...I am genuinely glad he is going. We don't need two props on so much money when we have DCE, Tom and Jake on so much money...the squad is unbalanced. Props don't win premierships on their own. If they did, we'd be sitting in the 8 this year.
Having two gun props is not worth it. Better to have 1 and an honest first grader along side.

The other issue is the game is speeding up and AFB is overweight. Further, he vilifies disabled people and carries on like a gansta on instagram...he is not good for our culture.

Also, I have no idea but reading between the lines of "get Out of Sydney" and "compassionate grounds" tells me that this is not money driven...maybe he is in the same predicament as Junior Paulo was.

This is almost worth seeing you back on here @Snake - Hope you stick around!

Classic Silvertails speculation and doom-saying in evidence in this thread!

The club statement says it is for his and his young family to be out of Sydney, they are allowing discussion on compassionate grounds.

But no, no, no, everyone knows its a conspiracy and a lie! it's his manager! It's a big money offer! he hates the club! The forwards hate the backs. The polynesians are all in gangs!
OMG I'm actually impressed with some of your imaginative scenarios!

I agree with the first part of this and have no comment on the rest.

But if this is purely cap rebalancing thing for manly, surely it had to be taupau who made way.

AFB is coming into his prime years while stupa is entering his twilight. But I do agree we had too much money tied up in three forwards ( including jake)

We will never be privy to all the happenings in this, but AFB was definitely in the keepers pile of our squad.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7