AFB 2nd hit from NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just got a pass to enter Qld and had to make a declaration but it did not ask if I'd had a flu shot so I don't see why footballers will have to have one now.

Last edited:
Why is it when other players get fined, its always huge fine but "suspended", but for players playing for Manly...
don't bother, think I just answered my own question :banghead:

A few answers;

1. Silvertails are rich
2. It's a racial slight on Manly Men
3. Every one hates Manly (but we don't care)

Time to introduce a Cone of Silence in dressing rooms from now on.
Better not do the winning chant either because it may contain some inappropriate words.

Is that old champ that leads our teams victory song still part of "us" or is he outside the Covid bubble!

Whats done is done! AFB was out of line in what he said and the fine is appropriate in my opinion. It will be interesting to see if other players lose their cool on the back end of dud officiating that continues to plague our game.

I suspect it wont be the last time that a team gets in a refs face due to a dud call. Respect and integrity are a two way street and there also needs to be accountability for officials who make mistakes which cost teams games.

I notice that Horsehead was video ref last night, sums it up for me. no sanction against him for a mistake that he made.

I also hope and I expect that Des has really read the riot act about dissent and back chat and that it is the captains role to speak to the referee.

I suspect all this drama will get the team focussed and hopefully that transfers into results!!

I notice that Horsehead was video ref last night, sums it up for me. no sanction against him for a mistake that he made.

I noticed that too. Other refs (especially the 'junior" refs usually just up from the NSW or Qld Cups) get dropped for making errors that are split second and without the aid of all the video replays, different camera angles etc that are available to The Bunker. But Horsehead continually makes mistakes despite all those advantages ... yet he never faces any sort of punishment.

Two words ... Boys Club.

No problem with this. Best way for him to learn.
BUT
The big question now is: can he play in QLD against the Cowboys? Have they dropped the flu shot demand?
The 20km long line up coming into QLD today were asked one single question “ have you been in Victoria in the last 14 days”.

That’s the new rules effective midday today.

A $20k fine plus an effective community service order would indicate this is right up the top of the list of the worst things anyone has ever done on a footy field. Has a worst penalty ever been levied against a player personally?

I fully expect that the next time a player uses the ‘c’ word within earshot of a sideline microphone, that he will be forced to take an online gynaecology course, oversee a newborn’s birth and then referee a series of Brazilian waxing tournaments.

Or be directed to Jarryd Hayne’s phone

The big question now is: can he play in QLD against the Cowboys? Have they dropped the flu shot demand?
Good questions but I already know the answer. We're talking about Manly plus we're talking about AFB - that's 2 crosses = No to both questions.

He has to "volunteer" to ref some games?

What if he doesn't volunteer?

$20k fine.
Maybe he should've breached Covid-19 protocols, could've saved some dosh.

I noticed that too. Other refs (especially the 'junior" refs usually just up from the NSW or Qld Cups) get dropped for making errors that are split second and without the aid of all the video replays, different camera angles etc that are available to The Bunker. But Horsehead continually makes mistakes despite all those advantages ... yet he never faces any sort of punishment.

Two words ... Boys Club.

Annersley covered himself and horsehead off nicely by saying it was a penalty 'in his opinion' so it wasn't necessarily wrong that nothing was done.

Hence...Maxwell faces no demotions.

ftr - what a load of rubbish

Good result .. and excellent situation management by Albo ... he is 100% correct that buying some wheelchairs and reffing a few disabled games will be far better for AFB as a human than a few more weeks suspension ...

Great management and explanation by Abdo on how in the heat of the moment when angry and upset, words can come out without meaning or thinking about what is being said.. Much better than the 360 buffoons who wanted a stage produced politically acceptable apology from AFB.

Flu jab stands between top prop's NRL return

Ben Glover

1 hour ago
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/worl...umbai-killing-eight/ar-BB16QKnZ?ocid=msedgntp
1594969819768.png

The flu vaccination stands between Manly star Addin Fonua-Blake and his return from suspension, after Des Hasler confirmed that the front-rower's decision not to have the jab would likely prevent him from facing the Cowboys in Townsville next week.
The Sea Eagles are in a concerning form slump after losing gun fullback Tom Trbojevic to a hamstring injury four weeks ago.
They have lost the last three matches straight and are staring down the barrel of a four-match losing streak unless they canconjure an unlikely upset against the ladder-leading Eels on Saturday night.
Manly prop Addin Fonua-Blake is sent off by referee Grant Atkins.
© Nine Manly prop Addin Fonua-Blake is sent off by referee Grant Atkins.
It's tough times for Hasler's men and their woes now look set to be compounded twice by Fonua-Blake, first thanks to his ill-disciplined spray of referee Grant Atkins, second due to his stance that will prevent him from travelling to Queensland for the first match that follows his two-match suspension.
The Queensland Government is firm on not allowing any player or staff member into the state without having the flu vaccination, meaning he is set to spend yet another week on the sidelines.
"At the moment, the flu vaccination is compulsory," Hasler told reporters on Friday.
When asked if it meant Fonua-Blake would be unavailable he replied: "That is correct."
Hasler's comments follow an interview Fonua-Blake did with The Sydney Morning Herald, in which he claimed he had Hasler's support to stick to his anti-vaccination beliefs.
"I had a word with Des and he's definitely not pressuring me to make any decisions just because we're playing up there [in Townsville]," Fonua-Blake said last week.
"He knows the decision I've made is for me and my family."
Fonua-Blake's continued absence is a huge blow for the Sea Eagles, with his value to the side put in context by the fact that he was earlier this week voted by his peers as the best front-rower in the game in the © Provided by Wide World of Sports Brad Fittler says rugby league needs to better handle young stars that go off the track, in the wake of Addin Fonua-Blake's meltdown.
He currently joins Trbojevic and star five-eighth Dylan Walker on the sidelines as Manly search for answers to arrest a form slump that threatens to derail their top-eight hopes.
The Sea Eagles currently sit 10th on the ladder, equal on points with the eighth placed Wests Tigers, however their reliance in Trbojevic in particular has been proven by their consistent inability to win games without him.
The star fullback is still a month or so away from a return, while Walker is not due back until Round 12 at the earliest.
Following Saturday night's clash with the Eels, the Sea Eagles play the Cowboys (away) and the Panthers (home), before meeting the Warriors at Lottoland in Round 13.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4