Adopt my dad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
vidmar said:
Duff said:
Hopefully the secco's lay off me next week.
We can be PC or we can create an atmosphere. We can't do both.

Dan's Dad will have a top time and we'll make sure he will be sitting near those who will enjoy the craic.

Duff, I've got to disagree with your post above - PC has nothing to do with creating an atmosphere but constantly using abusive and offensive language or chants does.

I'm happy to take this off line and you have my details if you wish to discuss this but I received complaints from the club after the Melbourne game about the group you stand with, saw a well known poster on here who joined up with the MWTS spoken to by security after a drunken rant consisting of F's and C's in Bris, read the post about the person abusing the lady with her 2 kids in Gosford and then had 2 regular MWTS travellers decline tickets to sit with the group next week as they were not happy at the prospect of a repeat of the behaviour of a "group of drunken young men" at the game last Saturday.

This behaviour has only recently been an issue and is coming from a very very small minority - most of you know the culprits - I do and am not afraid to name and shame and take this further if need be.

I and others have spend a lot of time and effort and money in helping make it fun and safe to travel to games and many of us enjoy a few drinks but drunken hooliganism will not be tolerated from anyone.

Telling people to sit elsewhere or "harden up" is not the option - we are better than that and none of us wants to be labelled with the tags that other clubs supporters have in the past.

As you have posted elsewhere - we're Silvertails so let's behave that way eh?
Ok bob im going to take exception to the part of your post about suncorp. I understand you are the one who cops heat when complaints go to the club like you did in round 25. However before you post things you probably need to know the facts. Did you wonder why I didn't get kick out of suncorp because there was one person who wasn't happy with us or me supporting my team and my super league comments and it was actually the elderly couple behind me who vouched for me with security so its a pretty poor example mate.

Also it's a bit rough to come up to someone and have a whinge about their friends behavior at a game I was watching in my loungeroom.

Hey Vidmar,

My mum called me to say she transferred the money for the ticket. They are happy to cone pick up the ticket if needs be.

He is going to catch the free special event buses as it means he can get a bus from the end of the street instead of having to get to the leagues club.

He is looking forward to it and apparently telling everyone about it.

Thanks again mate.

Dan

vidmar said:
Duff said:
Hopefully the secco's lay off me next week.
We can be PC or we can create an atmosphere. We can't do both.

Dan's Dad will have a top time and we'll make sure he will be sitting near those who will enjoy the craic.

Duff, I've got to disagree with your post above - PC has nothing to do with creating an atmosphere but constantly using abusive and offensive language or chants does.

I'm happy to take this off line and you have my details if you wish to discuss this but I received complaints from the club after the Melbourne game about the group you stand with, saw a well known poster on here who joined up with the MWTS spoken to by security after a drunken rant consisting of F's and C's in Bris, read the post about the person abusing the lady with her 2 kids in Gosford and then had 2 regular MWTS travellers decline tickets to sit with the group next week as they were not happy at the prospect of a repeat of the behaviour of a "group of drunken young men" at the game last Saturday.

This behaviour has only recently been an issue and is coming from a very very small minority - most of you know the culprits - I do and am not afraid to name and shame and take this further if need be.

I and others have spend a lot of time and effort and money in helping make it fun and safe to travel to games and many of us enjoy a few drinks but drunken hooliganism will not be tolerated from anyone.

Telling people to sit elsewhere or "harden up" is not the option - we are better than that and none of us wants to be labelled with the tags that other clubs supporters have in the past.

As you have posted elsewhere - we're Silvertails so let's behave that way eh?

As much as I stand by the chants that I have brought to the hill I will agree with Bob on this one. We can create atmosphere without dropping swear words. In saying this, if we are stopped from chanting as a whole because it creates an atmosphere of anger and hatred I will have to respectfully disagree in that regard.

The swearing has gone too far and this is being dealt with accordingly. However, my goal on the hill and at any games is to create an atmosphere where the players know we are behind them and, at the same time, the opposition are scared to be there.

We are Silvertails, we'll never be violent physically but it's that moment when you can cut the tension with a knife (like at the Melbourne game) when you can turn around as a leader of a supporters group and say "mission accomplished". If you disagree with this then why do we call it "Fortress Brookvale" anymore?

Ultimately, the chants will continue. However, the ones with swearing will be eliminated accordingly. In saying this I cannot control the actions of others as I am not THE leader on the hill, or at any other ground. The best I can do, as I have done in the past is give advice and it is up to the people that don't abide by that advice to take responsibility for their actions.

In saying this, we are going to have one hell of a night on Friday. I am still trying to get approval for the drum for Friday (I have approval for regular rounds, not finals). I'll see what the Trust have to say after its confirmed to be at the SFS.

Hope to see you all there.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4