Adam Reynolds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A ten year NRL halfback? Has Humphreys actually done anything to suggest he is capable of playing NRL? Several folks seem to assume he is an origin star and grand final winning half in waiting. I thought he was just an average level reserve grader?
I was quoting someone from a previous post... hence the quotation marks. And it's obviously still too early to tell how good he'll be as we've only really seen him play a bit of sg ball, limited minutes in the trial match this year and a bit of reserve grade, but from what I've already seen, he's definitely not going to be just an average level reserve grader. I actually reckon he could play a very similar type role for us as Ilias plays for Souths. Also, he's an elite goal kicker which we could definitely do with, as they are obviously hard to find. And I know you were exaggerating, but I don't think anyone thinks he is that... but obviously, he is an exciting prospect who is highly rated by good judges, and is signed with us until the end of 2023 in our top 30 squad. So again, it makes me ask myself... why are we clearly blocking the path of one of our best young juniors, so that we can re-sign a 33-year-old (until he is 36), who has delivered no results for us in the past 10 years.

I was quoting someone from a previous post... hence the quotation marks. And it's obviously still too early to tell how good he'll be as we've only really seen him play a bit of sg ball, limited minutes in the trial match this year and a bit of reserve grade, but from what I've already seen, he's definitely not going to be just an average level reserve grader. I actually reckon he could play a very similar type role for us as Ilias plays for Souths. Also, he's an elite goal kicker which we could definitely do with, as they are obviously hard to find. And I know you were exaggerating, but I don't think anyone thinks he is that... but obviously, he is an exciting prospect who is highly rated by good judges, and is signed with us until the end of 2023 in our top 30 squad. So again, it makes me ask myself... why are we clearly blocking the path of one of our best young juniors, so that we can re-sign a 33-year-old (until he is 36), who has delivered no results for us in the past 10 years.
You were referring to me and I never mentioned Humphreys

You were referring to me and I never mentioned Humphreys
Apologies mate, my bad. I just assumed you were referring to Humphreys when you said maybe our half back for the next 10 years isn’t ready yet, hence why I went on a rant about Humphreys haha.

But i thought Reynolds was the greatest signing in bongos history? If the bunnies get rolled this weekend there will be the same stories about how they missed him

See Humphries more in the mould of a Ben Hunt type player , though not sure if he quite has the toe of Hunt . But seems a natural game manager , probably could be even looked at as potential 9 , Bigger work load in defence but could be adaptable . No doubt can go O K with clearance and tactical kicking as well . Would expect Humphries to get a decent run in the halves in the i st grade trials next season , but again can also see him as 9 material as well . Can only say that Reyolds if he is on 700- 750 k or so now would represent much better value then D C E when game management and controlling the general play to his side 's advantage is taken into account . Should have only ever been a 850 - one mil [ D C E Manly value player ] and think that it is quite obvious over time how an additional 300 - 400 k or so in additional cap money per season available could have boosted Manly line ups since the commencement of his 1 . 3 mil deal . and probably not that much less for 24 - 25

See Humphries more in the mould of a Ben Hunt type player , though not sure if he quite has the toe of Hunt . But seems a natural game manager , probably could be even looked at as potential 9 , Bigger work load in defence but could be adaptable . No doubt can go O K with clearance and tactical kicking as well . Would expect Humphries to get a decent run in the halves in the i st grade trials next season , but again can also see him as 9 material as well . Can only say that Reyolds if he is on 700- 750 k or so now would represent much better value then D C E when game management and controlling the general play to his side 's advantage is taken into account . Should have only ever been a 850 - one mil [ D C E Manly value player ] and think that it is quite obvious over time how an additional 300 - 400 k or so in additional cap money per season available could have boosted Manly line ups since the commencement of his 1 . 3 mil deal . and probably not that much less for 24 - 25
Agree Humphries could potentially be a 9 option

Agree Humphries could potentially be a 9 option
I think we’ve got to stop trying to turn halves into hookers because we’ve done it to both Croker and Cust and hasn’t seemed to work too well for either of them. Humphreys should stay at 7 imo and should be our next halfback. We either need to buy an established hooker or let GCKT have the next crack at being our future hooker as he is actually a natural hooker.

Last edited:
I think we’ve got to stop trying to turn halves into hookers because we’ve done it to both Croker and Cust and hasn’t seemed to work too well for either of them. Humphreys should stay at 7 imo and should be our next halfback. We either need to buy an established hooker or let GCKT have the next crack at being our future hooker as he is actually a natural hooker.
Luai got a taste of first grade in the 14 covering hooker and halves.

Keary in his first season played 9 out of 10 games off the bench.

Ben Hunt of course has played plenty of hooker.

Humphries spent plenty of last pre-season at hooker, I'm not saying we pigeonhole him at hooker but I see no reason why if form permits he couldnt be a bench player covering halves if need be and relieving Croker for 20 minutes at 9.

Getting him to taste the speed of first grade and being in and around that match day squad could only help is development.

That said the same thing can be said about Gordie so it really depends who is really putting their hands up

Last edited:
Pleaseeee....PLEASSSSEEEEEE.....I beg you !!!!!! No more halfbacks at 9. Please. I'll send you money, women, gifts, anything for you, and everyone else to cease suggesting natural 7's play hooker for us !
As the above post says, I'd rather give Humphries minutes off the bench if his form is irresistible then leave him rot in reserves.

Who says Croker was a genuine (1st grade) half either ?:oops:
But yes ,for the dear love of @God ,Please get us a genuine ball running hooker.

Who says Croker was a genuine (1st grade) half either ?:oops:
But yes ,for the dear love of @God ,Please get us a genuine ball running hooker.
We've turned him from an Australian and state rep junior halfback into a player that doesn't run, can't kick, is very slow, has little ex-factor, but a lot of ticker and a tackle machine (Des has broken him):

We've turned him from an Australian and state rep junior halfback into a player that doesn't run, can't kick, is very slow, has little ex-factor, but a lot of ticker and a tackle machine (Des has broken him):

Personally in my view he was turned from nothing more than a fill in half at NRL level to a servicable hooker.

If anything Crokers career has benefited hugely by Des moving to hooker.

Just opinions though

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4