Adam Reynolds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can someone explain to me wtf Souths are thinking in letting Reynolds walk? Best goal kicker in the comp, best clutch kicker in the comp, takes the ball to line, is so relaxed and calm and provides great direction.
I think he is an outstanding footballer and I just can’t understand why they wouldn’t move heaven and earth to keep him.
Might not be right, but what about Russell, his done it before, he did it to Keary and they parted ways when Keary was Clearly one of there best. Makes sense that what Russell wants Russell gets, but the funniest part of the Keary saga was Rusty had to sit back and watch his foolish mistake turn into gold for the rorters and 2 premiership. Karma is a beautiful thing.
I also can’t believe they would let him go, not only his football but especially his kicking game, his boot has been the difference to many times to remember, the fans will spew as well, his been a loyal servant and I agree with someone else‘s comment I just read south’s will struggle next year without him and Bennett and I’d say there may be a few other who move on especially if south’s fail again this year, no tears from me, be happy if they mess it up delux.

Last edited:
I think he and Manly might agree on an exit plan that sees him leave - yep I can see that - to the Broncos or the new franchise
I just can't see him doing it.
What's in it for him?
Family ×
Captaincy ×
Money ×
Publicity ×
Legacy ×

TBH I can see DCE being a one club player. He'll never leave Manly and I'd actually bet that at the end of his current contract, regardless of his or the teams form he would be willing to take a pay cut to stay if it helped the salary cap situation. He's not the money hungry mercenary some people (and even some Manly fans) seem to have him as.

He never wanted to leave even when he signed with the Titans. He only signed there because he thought like the rest of us that Manly didn't want him. Sure it took throwing everything including the kitchen sink at him to get him to stay, but you can't blame him or his manager for milking everything they could out of the situation especially given that it was Manly who stuffed up in the first place. His 8 year deal literally set Cherry and his family up for life financially. And in a profession where you have a limited earning lifespan, you take what you can get at times.

As for the Vermin and Reynolds? Well, I think they're nuts letting him go. He's been the rock of that team for the best part of the last decade when they've won a premiership and rarely been out of finals contention. I think that like Cherry, Adam Reynolds deserves to end his career as a one club player.

I think he and Manly might agree on an exit plan that sees him leave - yep I can see that - to the Broncos or the new franchise
I don't think DCE will end up at Broncs...the new franchise is a different beast entirely. DCE's contract at Manly finishes 2023, the same year the new new franchise launches. He will be 34 and in his last yr at Manly. Manly won't re-sign him (or at least not for anything significant). I could definitely see both camps agreeing on a release from his last year, so he can take up a lucrative opportunity to help build the new team from the ground up (especially if the Dolphins are the winning bid). This works for everyone. DCE sees out his contract (less the final year), Manly keep his needed-experience a few more years, and just when he's almost past it, the Dolphins get a big-name, captain of QLD to help kickstart their development, help with their recruitment etc etc, and DCE gets to return to where he grew up, make a few more bucks, and gets the opportunity to be the face of the new team etc. No way he will leave Manly for the Broncos however

TBH I can see DCE being a one club player. He'll never leave Manly and I'd actually bet that at the end of his current contract, regardless of his or the teams form he would be willing to take a pay cut to stay if it helped the salary cap situation. He's not the money hungry mercenary some people (and even some Manly fans) seem to have him as.

He never wanted to leave even when he signed with the Titans. He only signed there because he thought like the rest of us that Manly didn't want him. Sure it took throwing everything including the kitchen sink at him to get him to stay, but you can't blame him or his manager for milking everything they could out of the situation especially given that it was Manly who stuffed up in the first place. His 8 year deal literally set Cherry and his family up for life financially. And in a profession where you have a limited earning lifespan, you take what you can get at times.

As for the Vermin and Reynolds? Well, I think they're nuts letting him go. He's been the rock of that team for the best part of the last decade when they've won a premiership and rarely been out of finals contention. I think that like Cherry, Adam Reynolds deserves to end his career as a one club player.
I could see him taking a fair pay cut too. After how much his salary has somewhat always hung over him and his career it could be great for him in a legacy sense. Especially if it brings another premiership and keeps guys like schuster at the club.

The other week when he kicked that 40m field goal to help South’s get within 6 of the Tigers was amazing...it’s such a clutch play. Huge risk. If he misses, it’s a squandered points scoring opportunity and Tigers get a 7 tackle set and are up the other end with 5 mins on the clock. As it turned out, he iced it and that meant that when Gagai scored, the game went to golden point.
I find the whole thing incredible. He single-handedly saved that game for Souths. I thought it was one of the gutsiest and well executed plays I’ve ever seen on a football field.

Can someone explain to me wtf Souths are thinking in letting Reynolds walk? Best goal kicker in the comp, best clutch kicker in the comp, takes the ball to line, is so relaxed and calm and provides great direction.
I think he is an outstanding footballer and I just can’t understand why they wouldn’t move heaven and earth to keep him.

Doesn't seem so crazy now. Souths have got a young half who can play for another 10 years.

What do Manly do - extend DCE, a the 34 year old an additional 2 years for 2024/5.

Doesn't seem so crazy now. Souths have got a young half who can play for another 10 years.

What do Manly do - extend DCE, a the 34 year old an additional 2 years for 2024/5.
They were doing F-all when Latrell was out. It will be similar for us if Tom can stay on the field. In saying that we need to plan for the future and start bringing sone one through behind him. From all accounts Ilias has been in the background for a bit. And I actually don’t think he’s that good. Can defend though.

They were doing F-all when Latrell was out. It will be similar for us if Tom can stay on the field. In saying that we need to plan for the future and start bringing sone one through behind him. From all accounts Ilias has been in the background for a bit. And I actually don’t think he’s that good. Can defend though.
They also kept Cody who is 32

Maybe Manly’s half that can play for another 10 yrs isn’t ready yet
But DCE was already signed until the end of 2023 before he signed that recent contract extension so you’d think with another year of learning and experience that Humphreys (who will be turning 22 in January 2024), would be more than ready to take over. But no… instead we decided to extend DCE for an extra 2 years until the end of 2025, meaning any chance of Humphreys being our halfback for the “next 10 years” is gone.

But DCE was already signed until the end of 2023 before he signed that recent contract extension so you’d think with another year of learning and experience that Humphreys (who will be turning 22 in January 2024), would be more than ready to take over. But no… instead we decided to extend DCE for an extra 2 years until the end of 2025, meaning any chance of Humphreys being our halfback for the “next 10 years” is gone.
DCE didn’t make his debut til he was 22

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4