Adam Reynolds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DCE didn’t make his debut til he was 22
I don’t think you get the point of my post mate. He will be 22 at the start of 2024, which is when he would’ve taken over from DCE if he didn’t get extended. But as he’s been extended until the end of 2025 now, that means Humphreys will be turning 24 at the start of 2026, when DCE’s contract will finally be over.

Who's our halves in the system?

Jamie Humphreys
Latu Fainu
Kaeo Weekes (at a stretch)
Josh Schuster

So in that respect we are pretty healthy. How far away are they though? Latu is 17, Jamie is what 19?

So Daly's extension kinda makes sense if you consider succession. One just hopes like as suggested his pay reduces heavily after next season.

Who's our halves in the system?

Jamie Humphreys
Latu Fainu
Kaeo Weekes (at a stretch)
Josh Schuster

So in that respect we are pretty healthy. How far away are they though? Latu is 17, Jamie is what 19?

So Daly's extension kinda makes sense if you consider succession. One just hopes like as suggested his pay reduces heavily after next season.
Jamie is turning 21 in January next year… so not as young as most on here think.

Jamie is turning 21 in January next year… so not as young as most on here think.
Hmmmm, interesting. I do love his style of play as well in the trials and when he got a shot. Runs direct, and plays much more the modern game (very little crabbing like DCE).

Imagine him in the halves for 150k per year, you could get 2 marquee other players around him - certainly balance the team more.

Not sure you'd stay if you were him now then.

Hmmmm, interesting. I do love his style of play as well in the trials and when he got a shot. Runs direct, and plays much more the modern game (very little crabbing like DCE).

Imagine him in the halves for 150k per year, you could get 2 marquee other players around him - certainly balance the team more.

Not sure you'd stay if you were him now then.
Yeah mate I really rate him, but as you said, honestly can't see him staying now that DCE has been extended for an extra two years. He'll probably play out his contract which ends next year and then look for a new club where he'll actually get a shot at playing first grade.

Yeah mate I really rate him, but as you said, honestly can't see him staying now that DCE has been extended for an extra two years. He'll probably play out his contract which ends next year and then look for a new club where he'll actually get a shot at playing first grade.

That's just depressing. Honestly , ****ing depressing. We are insistent on filling out squad up with plods and fringe first graders. Something is terribly wrong. DCE , is already struggling, and he'll be how old at contracts end ?

From the outside, just looks like another panicked signing, extended DCE simply because of the Dolphins were looking and we are going pay for it.

It also appears they never really looked at succession, age and how long the upcoming player will reasonably wait for his shot.
Or have put a line through Humphrey's and going straight to Fainu after DCE extended time.

Bewildering from the outside looking in without really knowing what the plan is or even if there is one. 🤦‍♂️

The only plan is instant gratification.....because Penns KPIs on Des demand success today, with very little thought for tomorrow.
Thats the big problem now isn't it. And for the past 2 seasons.
Dce extension was early this year though so not sure how that fits with the 24 season.
More panic than KPIs I think

From the outside, just looks like another panicked signing, extended DCE simply because of the Dolphins were looking and we are going pay for it.

It also appears they never really looked at succession, age and how long the upcoming player will reasonably wait for his shot.
Or have put a line through Humphrey's and going straight to Fainu after DCE extended time.

Bewildering from the outside looking in without really knowing what the plan is or even if there is one. 🤦‍♂️
This.

We seem to panic every time a club is linked to one of our players. Sad really.

We should stick to our guns every time with our players. On occasion we may lose one but guess what, if we do we can use that money and poach another player from another club. Sky won’t fall in.

This.

We seem to panic every time a club is linked to one of our players. Sad really.

We should stick to our guns every time with our players. On occasion we may lose one but guess what, if we do we can use that money and poach another player from another club. Sky won’t fall in.
Looks that way, I'm guessing it goes back to DCE and Foran initial contracts and drama.
But who is driving the Panic, not the CEO we've had plenty of changes over the years, Des ? Penn or some football dept, Fulton's?
Without finding that answer we are not going to change

Thats the big problem now isn't it. And for the past 2 seasons.
Dce extension was early this year though so not sure how that fits with the 24 season.
More panic than KPIs I think

Well that's the whole point isn't it.

Des wants DCE extended, so he is happy, and the squad is settled, and not distracted by DCEs contract talk.....so presumably they are more likely to win games today.....despite the new contract not kicking in until 2024.

Can someone explain to me wtf Souths are thinking in letting Reynolds walk? Best goal kicker in the comp, best clutch kicker in the comp, takes the ball to line, is so relaxed and calm and provides great direction.
I think he is an outstanding footballer and I just can’t understand why they wouldn’t move heaven and earth to keep him.
The same can be said for Foz 😊

That's just depressing. Honestly , ****ing depressing. We are insistent on filling out squad up with plods and fringe first graders. Something is terribly wrong. DCE , is already struggling, and he'll be how old at contracts end ?

These issues never seem to get a mention by the #DessieisKing and the let's #ExtendDessiecheersquad ...

Looks that way, I'm guessing it goes back to DCE and Foran initial contracts and drama.
But who is driving the Panic, not the CEO we've had plenty of changes over the years, Des ? Penn or some football dept, Fulton's?
Without finding that answer we are not going to change
Well Des doesn’t have much say, at least when it comes to contract negotiations.

Put it down in part to Humphreys’ sudden departure and the seeming contentment with appointing a fellow (like the Penn’s) RL dilettante as interim CEO. The ‘club’ was rudderless for virtually the whole season.

I don’t think you get the point of my post mate. He will be 22 at the start of 2024, which is when he would’ve taken over from DCE if he didn’t get extended. But as he’s been extended until the end of 2025 now, that means Humphreys will be turning 24 at the start of 2026, when DCE’s contract will finally be over.
And the likelihood of him being hunted by other clubs becomes more likely with each passing season, I'm at a loss to understand what the clubs planning is regarding up and coming talent, we don't seem to be preparing any of them for advancement to firsts, most often when they're brought onto the bench they stay there for 75 minutes before they get a run and then they're hardly seen again, I believe that other clubs blood their up and coming players with an eye to eventual graduation to firsts, not ours though, if I was a Manly junior I'd almost be hoping for other clubs to come knocking

Well that's the whole point isn't it.

Des wants DCE extended, so he is happy, and the squad is settled, and not distracted by DCEs contract talk.....so presumably they are more likely to win games today.....despite the new contract not kicking in until 2024.
Yeah it isn't great forward planning though when you potentially lose the successor and have to start from scratch.
As you said thanks to Penns and then the

Well Des doesn’t have much say, at least when it comes to contract negotiations.

Put it down in part to Humphreys’ sudden departure and the seeming contentment with appointing a fellow (like the Penn’s) RL dilettante as interim CEO. The ‘club’ was rudderless for virtually the whole season.

Above with that great fellow Wolman 🤦‍♂️ who was likely to one to panic

These issues never seem to get a mention by the #DessieisKing and the let's #ExtendDessiecheersquad ...
But is it Dessie, though ?
It was pretty clear at the beginning by the club Des was not going to be final say on negotiations etc.
Be a bunch of them but I get your point

any chance of Humphreys being our halfback for the “next 10 years” is gone.
A ten year NRL halfback? Has Humphreys actually done anything to suggest he is capable of playing NRL? Several folks seem to assume he is an origin star and grand final winning half in waiting. I thought he was just an average level reserve grader?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6