ACC / Drugs In Sport Super Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mickqld said:
So while some of the other clubs CEO's are confidant and agreeable with ASADA and the process ,our CEO is simply "shocked". IF anyone needs convincing that we are in deep deep s**t then surely they're convinced now. As each day goes by I get sicker and sicker feeling about this.
As mentioned before it could that Perry is "shocked" that Manly is named in this investigation.

I think that the worst case scenario for us is that a player or two went off on their own volition and took something illegal.
Best case is that our only link is Dank and we are cleared.

Why waste time speculating? no one knows anything here, everything is a rumour or opinion i don't understand how anyone can say anything based on the information that is available (which is none....)

MWSE said:
I think that the worst case scenario for us is that a player or two went off on their own volition and took something illegal.
Best case is that our only link is Dank and we are cleared.

Agree. Hopefully just one rogue (if any).
Just get the names out and be done.

If the sharks are in it deep then there will be one club to many problem solved for one side at least. They couldn't afford for it to be big

Mid-low confirms no club wide doping, which we all pretty much knew.

Probably just a couple of rogues, a couple of lower graders I'm guessing.

The no comment from the Sharks isn't a great look for them. If they were in the lower scale then they wouldn't hesitant at saying so.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Nothing random at all. They were following the information trail that came out of the phone taps. That led to several clubs, not the other way round.
The taps originally were in relation to organised crime and the other stuff was discovered as a result. That is the likely scenario, imo.
This feels like an episode of The Wire.
The athletes using peptides are Avon Barksdale's crew and the ACC wire tapping them is McNulty and Lt. Cedric Daniels

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
No positive Tests and I assume most players would have had 2 or 3 tests every year so I'm wondering how they have anything
Phone taps

niccipops said:
Also given the geographics of the six named clubs were they randomly selected by the ACC as part of an undercover investigation?

Nothing random at all. They were following the information trail that came out of the phone taps. That led to several clubs, not the other way round.
The taps originally were in relation to organised crime and the other stuff was discovered as a result. That is the likely scenario, imo.
All this talk about phone taps concerns me. Like seriously how would you hear anything your ear would be full of water from tap

RL Gronk said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
No positive Tests and I assume most players would have had 2 or 3 tests every year so I'm wondering how they have anything
Phone taps

niccipops said:
Also given the geographics of the six named clubs were they randomly selected by the ACC as part of an undercover investigation?

All this talk about phone taps concerns me. Like seriously how would you hear anything your ear would be full of water from tap

i think you misunderstand. Maxwell smart does tap dancing.

bones said:
RL Gronk said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Phone taps

niccipops said:

i think you misunderstand. Maxwell smart does tap dancing.

Maybe Asada had the "cone" of silence actually that's probably what started this mess a cone or two

Does anyone know if this investigation (as one of the 6) is for just the performance enhancing drugs or the illicit drugs also?

Seems to me that illicit drugs were also an issue but nothing seems to have been mentioned since the press conference.

The afl have between 7 or 9 clubs caught up in illicit drugs yet no much has been mentioned about that. I would think this was a problem also. :huh:

I will admit when i saw the headlines, and twitter was blowing up with dave perry saying he was "shocked" when he came out of the meeting, but after hearing what he actually said, im not as worried. He said something to the effect of , "yes i was shocked when we found out that we were implicated, but after hearing the facts i dont think we have much to worry about" or something along those lines....
I was shocked that the media would actually use a misleading headline!!!!!!
And the sharks, to make no comment is abit sus!

Volley said:
Mid-low confirms no club wide doping, which we all pretty much knew.

Probably just a couple of rogues, a couple of lower graders I'm guessing.

The no comment from the Sharks isn't a great look for them. If they were in the lower scale then they wouldn't hesitant at saying so.

Equally mid to low could mean we're linked to danks, who has partners who may be linked to crime.

pjd80 said:
I will admit when i saw the headlines, and twitter was blowing up with dave perry saying he was "shocked" when he came out of the meeting, but after hearing what he actually said, im not as worried. He said something to the effect of , "yes i was shocked when we found out that we were implicated, but after hearing the facts i dont think we have much to worry about" or something along those lines....

That's comforting to know, was he on the news?

strone33 said:
pjd80 said:

i heard it on the 6pm news on 2ue

pjd80 said:
strone33 said:
pjd80 said:

i heard it on the 6pm news on 2ue

Good the hear

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8