ACC / Drugs In Sport Super Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ACC gives codes permission to notify clubs

Penrith and Cowboys have been named.

Money well spent, dickheads.

RE: ACC gives codes permission to notify clubs

So these sport people and clubs have been experimenting with supplements.....well dahhhh aren't they all. If these supplements are not banned substances then WHY have we got all these grandstanding polititians and public servants rattling everyones cages over this.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Qld Police confirmed to me today that they're not involved in ACC investigations. Clears Broncos, Titans & Cowboys.

From @toddbalym

Good job Todd.

We are one of the clubs named

according to the Age newspaper

Fairfax Media can also reveal that about 50 serving and former professional sportsmen, including players from six NRL clubs - Cronulla, Manly, Canberra, Penrith, the Newcastle Knights and North Queensland - are under scrutiny over their personal supplement use. Fairfax Media is not suggesting the players breached doping rules, but their supplement use is being examined by authorities.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/exhawk-in-deal-to-sell-peptides-20130211-2e93n.html

Probably means nothing by the sound of it

RE: We are one of the clubs named

We're prob only on the list because of danks association with us.

Doesn't automatically mean cheating players on board.

Look at it this way - if you're not on the list it shows you're not really serious about winning j/k :)

Manly is always the villain in outsiders eyes - so it was expected that we would be topping the headlines.:cool:

3 clubs have admitted to being in the report - Raiders, Panthers and Cows. Suggestion this morning on Ch 9 is that Manly, Cronulla and Knights are the other three. Nothing on exactly what the concerns are except that supplement usage is being looked at.

mickqld said:
So these sport people and clubs have been experimenting with supplements.....well dahhhh aren't they all. If these supplements are not banned substances then WHY have we got all these grandstanding polititians and public servants rattling everyones cages over this.

And this sums the whole situation up nicely.

Well said @mickqld

I think we've been named.

@proshenks: BREAKING NEWS: Manly officials will inform players this morning that the club was named in the ACC report. Club preparing statement #NRL

I can't see it being just that. It will be about what was in the supplements, who knew, and how systemic it was in the different clubs. The amount of evidence of links with organised crime and match fixing are the sleepers. That may be a lot or it may be next to nothing. Time will tell.

RE: I think we've been named.

Ch7 said 3 teams Penrith, Canberra and the Cowboys have came forward and 3 (MANLY, SHARKS, KNIGHT) still have made no comment.

They have been named but no details have been given to the clubs.

RE: Manly preparing a statement

Is this statement connected to the ACC report and by extension the existing thread? Or is it about their general hatred of the Bulldogs?

Can I introduce everyone to the new phrase "Needle-spiking" its where you didn't know what was in the needle you just had. its like drink-spiking but with supplements. It is set to be the buzzword of 2013. "Oh yeah I was needlespiked again last month".

Dave perry confirms Manly has been contacted by the AAC ( Australian Apprenticeships Centre ) & (AUSTRALIAN AGRICULTURAL COMPANY )

CLUB STATEMENTS: @nthqldcowboys @NRLKnights, @PenrithPanthers, @RaidersCanberra & @Cronulla_Sharks #drugsinsport: http://t.co/pCPga4uY

I always thought we would be named, Dank worked for us for a fair while so we were never going to escape scrutiny, hopefully that's all it will be!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6