About as remorsal the media will get

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What a piece of garbage she is. Not worth the time of day. Keep your paparazzi gutter trash opinions in the sewerage from which you came.

Dan link said:
... The press however have certain other protections and rights, including the right to report on the information they are given, it all goes back to the source rather than the author.

Seriously?  Then if defamation has occurred then the journalist gets off free? And if the source is some homeless person without assets, then there is no point in suing them either? So effectively no-one can be sued if damaging and untrue allegations are stated as fact?

What responsibility on the journalist to take reasonable actions to verify the accuracy of any potentially damaging allegations?  And to correct when exposed as untrue or likely to be untrue?

I'm having difficulty seeing how this system would not be an open invitation for reporters to defame?

Rex link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=185570.msg299656#msg299656 date=1285806088]
... The press however have certain other protections and rights, including the right to report on the information they are given, it all goes back to the source rather than the author.

Seriously?  Then if defamation has occurred then the journalist gets off free? And if the source is some homeless person without assets, then there is no point in suing them either? So effectively no-one can be sued if damaging and untrue allegations are stated as fact?

What responsibility on the journalist to take reasonable actions to verify the accuracy of any potentially damaging allegations?  And to correct when exposed as untrue or likely to be untrue?

I'm having difficulty seeing how this system would not be an open invitation for reporters to defame?
[/quote]

i don't make the rules Rex, if you have questions regarding them I suggest you speak with a lawyer, MP or ombudsman.

I think she is going to the commonwealth games to work for foxtel, I heard she is doing the swimming with Ray Hadlee I hope she gets dengue fever

Cheers

Joe Kramer link said:
I think she is going to the commonwealth games to work for foxtel, I heard she is doing the swimming with Ray Hadlee I hope she gets dengue fever

Cheers
I got this sudden want to go to India and watch the games, may not be coming back though if I did

Yep she is off to India, and trying to make herself out to be a martyr for going. Can only hope she gets a real nasty case of Delhi belly  

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/opinion/i-am-heading-to-delhi-because-that-is-the-job-i-do/story-e6frezz0-1225931940553

Yeah what a farce all about her and foxtel must be struggling to have to have her at the swimming with hadlee. I was looking forward to watching the swimming from the games but now I have to put up with her annoying voice.

Cheers

Ant80 link said:
Read an article by Steve Mascord that was saying that the Stewart boy's might be able to get some legal recourse over all this on both fronts as well (NRL and the Media)

Mascord is anything but a Manly fan but is one of the more even-handed and least agenda-driven league writers around. That's about the best you'll get from any of the media outlets really.

Joe Kramer link said:
Yeah what a farce all about her and foxtel must be struggling to have to have her at the swimming with hadlee. I was looking forward to watching the swimming from the games but now I have to put up with her annoying voice.

Cheers

Mute button can be a wonderful thing

If you want to get back at the slapper and her gutter paper just don't buy it.

Tell your friends, relatives who ever you can to boycott the newspaper. I can't even remember when I last purchase a copy and I won' be rushing to in the future either.

Spiritech link said:
Mascord is anything but a Manly fan but is one of the more even-handed and least agenda-driven league writers around. That's about the best you'll get from any of the media outlets really.

Mascord is a Steelers fan but I've never known him to have any particular hatred towards manly. None more than what is socially accepted anyway! He generally tries to highlight the journalists side of things (which I like of course!), and I half expected him to defend the early reporting of the "scandal" - but it wasn't possible and in the end he found in favour of Snake... Like we all have.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4