Abbott can now focus on fixing Brookie Oval....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When you get scared, do you become more progressive or more conservative?

So if you wanted people to vote conservative, what tactics would you use?

When you get scared, do you become more progressive or more conservative?

What I have noticed is that conservatives tend to fear things that are happening in front of their eyes. Sadly, the Left or self styled 'progressives', often turn a blind eye to what is happening NOW and focus their concerns on something that 'may' happen in the future. EG: Rising temps and sea levels. Both sides need to strike a balance.

What I have noticed is that conservatives tend to fear things that are happening in front of their eyes. Sadly, the Left or self styled 'progressives', often turn a blind eye to what is happening NOW and focus their concerns on something that 'may' happen in the future. EG: Rising temps and sea levels. Both sides need to strike a balance.
As a conservative, you say you're afraid of what is happening NOW in front of your eyes? e.g. the "rise" of Islam. A mere 2% of the Aust population are Muslims, 61% Christians. There's some loonies and fundamentalists in both groups. What are you afraid of? We had one unbalanced loony kill two Aussies this year due to stuff ups in not recognising he was simply mentally unstable. He gave plenty of indications. Meanwhile we've had 62 women (to Sep 10) killed in domestic violence incidents. Women screaming out for help and in genuine terror. I know one such woman who's gone through this. So what is "in front of your eyes" - 2 people or 62 people killed? The Minister for women, Tony Abbott, did nothing - zero - zip - about the 62, and ranted non-stop about the 2 to make you terrified. Is that balanced? Have you been duped?

Border "security" is so massively overstated it is a joke. People flee their country to escape persecution. Some end up here. Big deal. The numbers are minuscule. The Govt tried a different tactic and it has stopped the boats. Good. Move on.

You doubt climate change and rising sea levels. OK. I don't have expertise in this area, so I trust the experts in the field - the scientists who devote their lives to meticulously studying this. You think they're telling lies or are mistaken because ...?

What comment(s) got your goat specifically Loobs?

The one about having another evangelical Christian politician who believes in bombing people out of existence in holy jihads?
Follow the upvotes...

Do you lock your doors when you go out? How about at night? Why?
At night no, when i go out sometimes.

I purchased a lock picking kit off the net for $12.00, never picked a lock before and picked my three front door locks in under 7 mins. 95% of locks are the same as what i have on my door.

As a conservative, you say you're afraid of what is happening NOW in front of your eyes? e.g. the "rise" of Islam.

Are you incapable of thinking independently? Do you think the current Muslim invasion into Europe is just a Hollywood movie?

Until you're willing to open your eyes and refuse to be blinded by your 'progressive' need to stand on some sort of misguided moral pedestal in order to show compassion towards people that have been brainwashed to show disrespect towards you (the non-believer) and the laws of the land that they are invading, I don't believe I have anything to discuss with you regarding this matter.

Are you incapable of thinking independently? Do you think the current Muslim invasion into Europe is just a Hollywood movie?

Until you're willing to open your eyes and refuse to be blinded by your 'progressive' need to stand on some sort of misguided moral pedestal in order to show compassion towards people that have been brainwashed to show disrespect towards you (the non-believer) and the laws of the land that they are invading, I don't believe I have anything to discuss with you regarding this matter.

To skew the debate in another direction, because you've stumbled on a massive issue of mine here.
As a conservative, you need to move away from the "independant thought" line of attack. The most mainstream, easily accessable opinions that require the least amount of intellectual digestion available in this country are conservative ones.
From the Murdoch press to commercial TV to the loudest voices in any form of debate, the views are staunchly conservative.
If anybody is going to not think for themselves, the easiest line of thought to pick up is conservatism and fear.
To align yourself with scientists, intellectuals and experts on an issue rather than with someone loud with an obviously lower IQ just becuase they speak to your own fears is an example of critical thought as opposed to emotional reaction.

Did you only wake up yesterday WAMF?
Muslim-Christian conflict has been going on for millennia. You seriously think this is new?

Christians invaded in Crusades, and bomb in "peace missions". Muslims invaded in Jihads. You are spouting the "Christian" perspective. Change the word "Muslim" to "Christian" in your rant, and you'll have the Muslim perspective. You can see this can't you?

Violence begets violence.

At the big picture level, Christians have won the religious invasion war (which is just as much an economic overthrow war), having largely taken over the world by invasion. Muslims are fighting back. Surprise, surprise.

Want to get to the root cause? Look at intolerance of difference in others, then we might be open to look for it in ourselves. When belief overtakes inquiry, intolerance festers.

Last edited:
lol. So up votes get your goat?

Do "agrees" get your goat when it's by right wing extremists in Rupert Murdoch press? Or is it only "agrees" that you disagree with?
Ha ha, no, they make me laugh. Right wing nut jobs always come off as just crazy. The lefties always post these comments with this air of superiority, like every Lib voter is a moron. THAT gets my goat.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
Polls are like television ratings. They take the figures and blow them up into something justifiable.

I never take polls seriously myself because I know they've asked about 100 people (and the top 7 answers are on the board :p ) and come up with figures for just about the whole country. This morning on Today they showed a poll which says that since Turdbull got sworn in a couple of days ago, Liberal have improved to a 51% approval rating (up 3 points), in the '2 party prefered' crap and are leading Labour for the first time since god knows when. Which arse did they pull those figures from? From what I've seen on Facebook and Twitter, most think its a case of same $hit, different day with the change of PM.

Take polls with a grain of salt.
Twitter and most political comments on Facebook skew Left, reflecting the generally young, activist crowds that live on them. Even the media trying to reflect the feelings of the population with vox pop limits it to a handful of responses, clearly vetted to whatever news they wished to promote.

Considering the outright hatred and vocal anti-Abbott voices over the last 5 years, I'm amazed that the polls still reflected the LNP within striking distance of the ALP, with numbers likely to have closed as an election date loomed and people had to get serious about who to let in charge. I sense a lot of poll responses were a 'protest' vote but they would have stuck with the LNP when it was time to put pen to paper at the ballot.

To skew the debate in another direction, because you've stumbled on a massive issue of mine here.
As a conservative, you need to move away from the "independant thought" line of attack. The most mainstream, easily accessable opinions that require the least amount of intellectual digestion available in this country are conservative ones.
From the Murdoch press to commercial TV to the loudest voices in any form of debate, the views are staunchly conservative.
If anybody is going to not think for themselves, the easiest line of thought to pick up is conservatism and fear.
To align yourself with scientists, intellectuals and experts on an issue rather than with someone loud with an obviously lower IQ just becuase they speak to your own fears is an example of critical thought as opposed to emotional reaction.

There are sheep within both spectrum. A true 'independent thinker' can assess any given subject on balance and respond without emotion, ie. just the facts.

As you have shown in your comment about Murdoch press and commercial tv being 'staunchly' conservative, I get the sense you feel that is what they are (with the use of gradient language for emphasis), as opposed to where they more likely sit.

The largest media group in this country is not Murdoch's handful of daily papers. It is our own national broadcaster, with 24hr news, 4 commercial stations, radio networks and a large digital footprint. Yet their coverage is rarely discussed critically amongst the most politically active in this country, with 'bias' and 'hate' media claims always directed against one side; the one that is often prepared to offer counter views. Why is that?

There are sheep within both spectrum. A true 'independent thinker' can assess any given subject on balance and respond without emotion, ie. just the facts.

As you have shown in your comment about Murdoch press and commercial tv being 'staunchly' conservative, I get the sense you feel that is what they are (with the use of gradient language for emphasis), as opposed to where they more likely sit.

The largest media group in this country is not Murdoch's handful of daily papers. It is our own national broadcaster, with 24hr news, 4 commercial stations, radio networks and a large digital footprint. Yet their coverage is rarely discussed critically amongst the most politically active in this country, with 'bias' and 'hate' media claims always directed against one side; the one that is often prepared to offer counter views. Why is that?
I read both sides as far as online content goes but I don't really watch news or current affairs. Personally I've found a big part is just knowing yourself and who you truly are. Even though I'm not a Christian (quite the opposite - for which I blame Catholic school - showed me what a crock of **** it all was) and back science and fact over myth and 2,000 year old fairy tales, my views on a lot of other matters skews conservative. That changed over time but the first thing I tend to tell people is you need to look at yourself - who are you - and be honest. If you are more conservative, go that way, or if you are a union stooge who loves welfare - go Labor ;) very easy...

A true 'independent thinker' can assess any given subject on balance and respond without emotion, ie. just the facts.
Let me guess.

You think you are a true 'independent thinker' who can assess any given subject on balance and respond without emotion, ie. just the facts.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6