Abbott can now focus on fixing Brookie Oval....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Unfortunately people, I think we may have to face reality.

Brookvale is not going to get anywhere near the money it needs to be upgraded or rebuilt any time soon. The NSW government has already come out and said that its only going to spend money on major venues and suburban grounds are going to get SFA. And I seriously doubt the Penn's or investors will have the money needed, and even if they do because its council owned there is so much red-tape to get through its not funny.

If we're not forced to play most of our home games out of Gosford and/or the SFS within 5 years, I'll be surprised. Pleasantly surprised.

What a pathetic PM he was. Good riddance you right wing racist maggot.[/QUOTE
Is there anyone out there who thought Tony was a good PM?? If so why? This could be good.
I think he was a very good pm,no carbon tax,no more boats no more deaths,got rid of a mining tax that wasn't making no money,wasn't his fault that the last mob stuffed up the joint,then he makes some tuff decisions,and all the hand me out bludgers cry poor,give me a break,I gather your one of them.

Is there anyone out there who thought Tony was a good PM?? If so why? This could be good.

OK this will probably be as popular as a pro Penn post but anyway:

Tony Abbott went OK in terms of delivering (borders, China free trade, scrapping carbon tax, etc) but was a poor communicator, stuffed that first budget and was too stubbornly far right. Most Liberals voters aren't bible truthers or share like for like views with American Republicans. It came to the point where his position was untenable if the Libs didn't want to lose the next election to an absolutely useless union stooge, so doing this now gives them enough time to steady the ship.

Loobs you make a lot of fair points. But, I don't think anyone who throws a billion a year at the ABC is far-right though. Neither is someone who did not repeal the anti-discrimination laws. My concern is that we have had 5 changes of PM in just over 5 years. I think the media and polling seem to make party members on both sides panic and go weak at the knees. We don't seem to have stable government on either side anymore. And that is a bad thing.

Loobs you make a lot of fair points. But, I don't think anyone who throws a billion a year at the ABC is far-right though. Neither is someone who did not repeal the anti-discrimination laws. My concern is that we have had 5 changes of PM in just over 5 years. I think the media and polling seem to make party members on both sides panic and go weak at the knees. We don't seem to have stable government on either side anymore. And that is a bad thing.
Agree - and social media only makes it worse. But c'mon - I'm a lib voter and even I was like Tony chill out on the school pastor crap and just get the Marriage Act amended already...

I don't know; a score of 54 to 44.

It would mark as a high scoring game with very little defence.

That's 98 points in 80 minutes.

Together both teams scored better than a point a minute.

Even after the game there was still only ten points in it.

Don't these guys practice tackling during training?

But that's politics but I suppose rugby league was the winner last night.

Cleaing up Labors mess. Makes me laugh. The Deficit blew out by over 50% under the Libs, unemployment up, growth down, business confidence down, the reputation of the country a laughing stock. Oh for the relative success of Labor. And more power to the unions, they're the reason why our pay and working conditions aren't equivalent to your average endentured slave labourer in china.

Unions have enough power now, don't need more but should not be eliminated.

Tax breaks for the mining industry was a problem and would have been better spent trying to grow other industries, now mining is struggling and over capitalised you need to slowly reduce that but whilst Gina, Forrect etc are making billions you know there is room to move.

Unions have enough power now, don't need more but should not be eliminated.

Tax breaks for the mining industry was a problem and would have been better spent trying to grow other industries, now mining is struggling and over capitalised you need to slowly reduce that but whilst Gina, Forrect etc are making billions you know there is room to move.
Corruption and criminal involvement in unions really needs to be stamped out. It still happens and if you knew what went on on sites you'd be disgusted.

@Eagle1 Haha am I a bludger? I work two Jobs and study usually but i have finished my studies until i start Uni in march next year so I'm currently working 50 hours a week. The last two weeks i worked 70 hours while my boss was in Korea on Holidays. When I'm not working, I'm at the gym and I'm looking into becoming an uber driver In the new year. If you do more than me I'll take up a fourth job as an astronaut. As for Abbott all of those things you mentioned are terrible for the country. His action on climate change was disgusting and criticised around the world, His tax breaks to big companies were criminal, His action on refugees proved he had no empathy toward what Australia had clearly forgotten are HUMAN BEINGS before the Syrian refugee crisis. If you think stopping boats means stopping deaths then your not thinking about what happens to people after they are turned away. Please put down the Daily Telegraph, it is rotting your brain. Just remember what they tried to do to Brett Stewart, it is un Manly to read that thing!

Corruption and criminal involvement in unions really needs to be stamped out. It still happens and if you knew what went on on sites you'd be disgusted.

Corruption and criminal involvement in big business really needs to be stamped out. It still happens and if you knew what went on in boardrooms you'd be disgusted.

So Loobs you think unions are the only thing thats corrupt? Interesting take on life. You'll find corruption in nearly every human endeavour. The point is, unions have achieved a lot for working people and without them we'd be screwed. You'll find the owner of the union bashing bible The Daily Telegraph is criminal on a far grander and more damaging scale that some dodgy union hack.

it happens in a lot of areas not just unions, the businesses that back the right do so in a similar way as those who back the left.

Then look at Obeid, brought down about 6 left and 8 right sided pollies - says it all really, there is a lot of dodgy about.

There are also some genuine ones out there but in general they don't get far these days

Abbott - the most divisive, the most negative PM Australia has ever had. He deliberately and systematically led Australia into a culture of fear, greed, selfishness and hatred - the exact opposite of traditional Australian mateship. Good riddance.

The Liberal Party became a whole lot more dignified and electable last night. Hopefully PM Turnbull can rein in the right wing extremist faction within his party to become a statesmanlike, human leader of all, like Michael Baird is at the State level.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4