• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yep,looks like I got that wrong,unfortunately.Probably not as wrong as the club re-signing him though
You didn't get anything wrong mate. Every NRL fan bar a few Silvertailers was thinking the exact same thing. Unfortunately, our management and coaching staff belong on the Muppet show,

I imagine Siebold is picking Woods ahead of Keppie and Fainu because either they are halfway out the door, or because he wants to light a fire under them (particularly Keppie).

We were s#!t before Woods came so I can't blame any of our present rot on him. Our only decent season in recent memory was built entirely on Turbo's freakish form, and even then we completely wilted every time we played a top 4 side.

Something needs to change.
Something needs to change all right. Everyone from the coach up would be a good start.

You know him personally do you ??

You must to make a comment like that.
Well he has a personality he presents in the media, Through his shows and appearances. Wether that’s the real him or not, he seems a tool based on how he chooses to present himself. Much like here.

If people put them selves out there, i fee like other get to have an opinion on that.

Do you think people are tools/good blokes based on how they present themselves on twitter/instagram/silver tails.

Same thing. Tricky concept, I know

Did you watch the game Mark? What did you make of Woods performance? I know you like the fact he cost us nothing (which says it all) but he is so sloooooooooow. There is no way he should be getting picked ahead of any other prop in our squad. He couldn't crack a spot at the Dragons, yet our pathetic coach keeps sending him out to the middle.
Yes I did watch the game.

And I thought he was way better than Sipley , even better than Josh A.

He made plenty of tackles , only missed 1 I think , and was a long way from our worst on field.

Granted he doesn’t bend the line, but he’s not Robinson Caruso on that front!!!

He made plenty of tackles , only missed 1 I think , and was a long way from our worst on field.

In one instance you defend us Signing Woods as he is player 30, never to get a game unless we have a huge injury toll. Yet, with Keppie, Fainu and Condon available, you are still defending his selection. Woods was absolutely sh1t last night.

Drinkwater's try was the result of Woods chasing too hard. The Cows targeted him all night whenever he was at marker, burning him for pace nearly every time. How you can possibly think what Woods dished up was anything short of abysmal is beyond me.

Last edited:

What about the try where he stood still flat footed and watched drinkwater swan past, this is where he is a liability, he is on the decline as a player I would rather see a young guy get an opportunity so ther is the possibility of improvement. With Woods you know that you will get mediocrity every game with zero upside. Aloaiai is just as bad. Toff at least bends the line and you can see he has a real dig, Woods is just clocking in and clocking out for a paycheque.

If missed tackles included the times Woods failed to lay a hand on a player scooting past him, his tally might be in double figures.

What about the try where he stood still flat footed and watched drinkwater swan past, this is where he is a liability, he is on the decline as a player I would rather see a young guy get an opportunity so ther is the possibility of improvement. With Woods you know that you will get mediocrity every game with zero upside. Aloaiai is just as bad. Toff at least bends the line and you can see he has a real dig, Woods is just clocking in and clocking out for a paycheque.
100% agree on all points.

Agree re Woods and some of his play but he was not alone with Josh, Toff and even Jake caught out at various times

Agree re Woods and some of his play but he was not alone with Josh, Toff and even Jake caught out at various times
We lack a few things in my opinion mate:

1. Mobility.
2. Intensity.
3. Fitness.

Our forwards are mostly the same type. Heavier, slower set, one dimensional. None of our forwards have the capacity to break the line (besides maybe Olakau'atu and Paseka - but that's becoming very, VERY rare).

At least Lodge brings something different, and that's a bit of aggression, unless the rest of the laziness the group shows rubs off.

Our recruitment needs to change with the times. Less Condon, Boyle, Woods types, and more L.Martin, Leniu types required.

The sad part, even Schuster (who I love) has lost all his pace. In juniors he used to be explosive and quick. Not sure wtf has happened to his wheels.

In one instance you defend us Signing Woods as he is player 30, never to get a game unless we have a huge injury toll. Yet, with Keppie, Fainu and Condon available, you are still defending his selection. Woods was absolutely sh1t last night.

Drinkwater's try was the result of Woods chasing too hard. The Cows targeted him all night whenever he was at marker, burning him for pace nearly every time. How you can possibly think what Woods dished up was anything short of abysmal is beyond me.
No , I’ve already cleared that one up and you obviously either didn’t read or want to massage my reply.

Yes , I think he’s a fair fit instead of Boyle for position 30.

No, I don’t agree with his selection above some you’ve mentioned.

He’s that “ toiler “ that you can fall back on when you have major injury issues.

No , I’ve already cleared that one up and you obviously either didn’t read or want to massage my reply.

Yes , I think he’s a fair fit instead of Boyle for position 30.

No, I don’t agree with his selection above some you’ve mentioned.

He’s that “ toiler “ that you can fall back on when you have major injury issues.
Okay, fair enough.

Can you name a prop in any other side who is as low impact as Woods?

Disagree with Boyle. His biggest issue is the fact he is always injured. If he managed to go on an injury free run, he'd be a much better last man in than Woods. His game against the Roosters at Brookvale last year was brutal, there is no way Sharon gets close to that level.

The fact you agree that Woods should not be selected ahead of Keppie and co goes against your own declaration that he is a worthwhile signing, considering our coach has determined he is above the aforementioned players in our prop rotation. If Woods wasn't being selected then your argument would be somewhat more palatable.

Spoony will undoubtedly dump him from the seventeen next round, but it will ultimately be too little too late as far as our season goes.

We lack a few things in my opinion mate:

1. Mobility.
2. Intensity.
3. Fitness.

Our forwards are mostly the same type. Heavier, slower set, one dimensional. None of our forwards have the capacity to break the line (besides maybe Olakau'atu and Paseka - but that's becoming very, VERY rare).

At least Lodge brings something different, and that's a bit of aggression, unless the rest of the laziness the group shows rubs off.

Our recruitment needs to change with the times. Less Condon, Boyle, Woods types, and more L.Martin, Leniu types required.

The sad part, even Schuster (who I love) has lost all his pace. In juniors he used to be explosive and quick. Not sure wtf has happened to his wheels.
Agree but not sure Lodge is that much different

Look at all the top teams - they almost all have a mobile running / ball playing 13. We have Jake (who I love and think is our best forward by a long way but you can see the contrast)

I am talking

Murray
Yeo
Cotter
Harris
McInnes

Even the Eels with Hopgood

Okay, fair enough.

Can you name a prop in any other side who is as low impact as Woods?

Disagree with Boyle. His biggest issue is the fact he is always injured. If he managed to go on an injury free run, he'd be a much better last man in than Woods. His game against the Roosters at Brookvale last year was brutal, there is no way Sharon gets close to that level.

The fact you agree that Woods should not be selected ahead of Keppie and co goes against your own declaration that he is a worthwhile signing, considering our coach has determined he is above the aforementioned players in our prop rotation. If Woods wasn't being selected then your argument would be somewhat more palatable.

Spoony will undoubtedly dump him from the seventeen next round, but it will ultimately be too little too late as far as our season goes.
No again you’re trying to twist my words.

Boyles had one decent game in 4 years, any others he’s played were absolute ****!!

Woods as a cheapie 30th man is fine.

That’s all.

Im not justifying , or agreeing with his selection week in week out , that you’ll have to take up with the coach.

You obviously hate the guy , with a passion , and that’s your prerogative and it shows in each and every post you make about him.

All I’m saying is , he’s a fair toiler , and as a fill in for a few games of the year is a decent signing for the $$$ he’d be on.

I don’t love him as a player , but I certainly don’t hold the same hatred that you have and think he has a role to play in the 30, albeit a limited one.

No again you’re trying to twist my words.

Boyles had one decent game in 4 years, any others he’s played were absolute ****!!

Woods as a cheapie 30th man is fine.

That’s all.

Im not justifying , or agreeing with his selection week in week out , that you’ll have to take up with the coach.

You obviously hate the guy , with a passion , and that’s your prerogative and it shows in each and every post you make about him.

All I’m saying is , he’s a fair toiler , and as a fill in for a few games of the year is a decent signing for the $$$ he’d be on.

I don’t love him as a player , but I certainly don’t hold the same hatred that you have and think he has a role to play in the 30, albeit a limited one.
I don't hate him Mark, I hate him in a Manly jersey is all. Especially when he is stealing it from better, more deserving players in our squad.

I don't hate spoony either. I just hate having a dud coach in charge at Manly.

For a better example of hatred, may I direct you towards your previous posts about our four time premiership winning champion Desmond Hasler.

And if Boyle only ever has one decent game for Manly, it will still be one more than Woods.

I don't hate him Mark, I hate him in a Manly jersey is all. Especially when he is stealing it from better, more deserving players in our squad.

I don't hate spoony either. I just hate having a dud coach in charge at Manly.

For a better example of hatred, may I direct you towards your previous posts about our four time premiership winning champion Desmond Hasler.

And if Boyle only ever has one decent game for Manly, it will be one more than Woods.
Let’s just agree to disagree , we all have different views , I’m not changing yours , and ditto !!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8