• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Couldn’t blame Woods for wanting to leave that shambles , jeez they are ordinary.

And he may be ok for us when he gets here. So I'll leave the pitchfork in the garage for the time being.

I didn't know too much about Andrew Davey either, but he was ok, so Woods knows how to play, and is a Manly fan.

Plus, looks like he's a'coming over so brush off the welcome mat.

Speaking of Andrew Davey, seems he is out indefinitely with concussion.

I missed it but apparently Seibold has been on some media outlet and confirmed the deal.

Have no idea what was said.

NRL Moneyball Round 5, Transfer news: Trbojevic brothers rubber-stamp Aaron Woods Manly switch​

The move which delivered two Manly young guns for veteran Aaron Woods was rubber-stamped by two of the Sea Eagles’ highest-profile stars.

Brent Read and Phil Rothfield

less than 2 min read
March 28, 2023 - 8:48AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

0 Comments

01:46
Should Sua'ali'i play Origin footy in 2023?

NRL: The NRL 360 team debated whether Joseph Sua'ali'i should be there in Brad Fittler's NSW Origin team, after the young Roosters' star's recent... more
View more related videos

Manly coach Anthony Seibold has revealed that he picked the brains of the Trbojevic brothers before pressing the go button on a deal to bring veteran front rower Aaron Woods to the club.
Woods will begin training with the Sea Eagles on Tuesday after his swap deal with youngsters Viliame Fifita and Alec Tuitavake was confirmed late on Monday.

So Woods turns up today , I wonder how long it will take to remove the photo of Fafita and replace it with Woods.

And if we’ve lost two , gained 1 , who gets the upgrade to join the 30???

So Woods turns up today , I wonder how long it will take to remove the photo of Fafita and replace it with Woods.

As much as I want Woods to be a success for us, can't see him making the 17 for a while yet. Although, could be fast tracked if we lose a couple of front rowers through injury.

Young gordy I would say. Woods as depth at moment unless they pick him over Burbo but we need cover for centre and back row.

Well I've said my piece and I'm dissapointed to lose two you guns I really rated.

But done now!

So welcome Woodsie, best of luck!! Ihope you kill it and prove dependable when called upon

So apparently we asked for Aaron Woods..

St George Illawarra veteran Aaron Woods has confirmed he will leave the club to join Manly this week.

The 32-year-old middle forward will move to the Sea Eagles in a player swap, which is yet to be announced by the clubs.

"As of today I think both clubs are talking to each other. There are a couple of young players at the Sea Eagles who want to go to the Dragons, Manly have asked to take me in return," Woods told Triple M's Rush Hour on Monday.

"Hopefully it will be done either tonight or tomorrow."

The Sea Eagles will become Woods' fifth club across 13 seasons in the NRL.

He played his first 146 games for the Tigers, and has since suited up for the Sharks, Bulldogs, and Dragons.

He played 14 Origin games for New South Wales, the last in 2017, and represented Australia 17 times between 2014 and 2017.

So apparently we asked for Aaron Woods..

St George Illawarra veteran Aaron Woods has confirmed he will leave the club to join Manly this week.

The 32-year-old middle forward will move to the Sea Eagles in a player swap, which is yet to be announced by the clubs.

"As of today I think both clubs are talking to each other. There are a couple of young players at the Sea Eagles who want to go to the Dragons, Manly have asked to take me in return," Woods told Triple M's Rush Hour on Monday.

"Hopefully it will be done either tonight or tomorrow."

The Sea Eagles will become Woods' fifth club across 13 seasons in the NRL.

He played his first 146 games for the Tigers, and has since suited up for the Sharks, Bulldogs, and Dragons.

He played 14 Origin games for New South Wales, the last in 2017, and represented Australia 17 times between 2014 and 2017.
Because they knew they could get Woods for nothing,unlike some of their other options,who also may of had multiple yrs on their contracts,unlike Woods.

Because they knew they could get Woods for nothing,unlike some of their other options,who also may of had multiple yrs on their contracts,unlike Woods.
What's the story with both the kids in particular Fifita. Did they get granted permission or did dragons throw dollars we could not match ?
I still find it hard to believe a young prospect in Fifita we not try and hold onto

Must be to free up cash to upgrade some of our other younger players.

We’ve got Jake, Paseka, Aloiai, Keppie, Sipley, Bullemor (& now Woods) in the prop dept.

Maybe the club sees the above as our pack for some time so rather than hold 2 young props back, release them to free up cash & recruit in other positions?
Smart analysis 47MVEagle

I think Woods might do alright. He has always wanted to play for Manly and would be a solid backup particularly for Jake when origin and other rep footy rolls around.

Let’s see how he fits in before we judge.

NYEagle

What's the story with both the kids in particular Fifita. Did they get granted permission or did dragons throw dollars we could not match ?
I still find it hard to believe a young prospect in Fifita we not try and hold onto
Manly didn’t really want to let him go but Tartak has obviously received an offer that Manly weren’t prepared to match/upgrade his contract.Manly saw a chance to free up some $$ to upgrade other players to stop them from looking around.But Manly werent just going to take nothing from the Dragons so they made the deal that they’ll release them early if Manly get Woods and the Dragons pay his full freight(some will say they’d rather nothing,but each to their own)So it now gives Manly $$ and a spot in the 30 for someone in a position that is more pressing,assuming it’s GCKT.By my count,Manly has 10 middle forwards in the 30,to varying abilities,without the two that have left and Woods.

Manly didn’t really want to let him go but Tartak has obviously received an offer that Manly weren’t prepared to match/upgrade his contract.Manly saw a chance to free up some $$ to upgrade other players to stop them from looking around.But Manly werent just going to take nothing from the Dragons so they made the deal that they’ll release them early if Manly get Woods and the Dragons pay his full freight(some will say they’d rather nothing,but each to their own)So it now gives Manly $$ and a spot in the 30 for someone in a position that is more pressing,assuming it’s GCKT.By my count,Manly has 10 middle forwards in the 30,to varying abilities,without the two that have left and Woods.
Ah fair enough suppose you can't keep them all. GCKT upgrade is a good one as he could nab the utility role.
I say this means olakau'atu gets his upgrade wonder if we could get him up to 2026 also.
Koula is more of a interesting one not sure we be willing to pay 800k for him at this stage but good centres very hard to find.
We are now being identified as place with good talent we just need to keep good ones and give them opportunities for first grade. Sam Fainu another will have to fight hard to keep.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4