• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think there's more to the story for this before fans freak out. Tartak (player manager) probably trying to get more money for his two youngsters and push them out to the Dragons, even though it was speculated Fififta doesn't even want to. And then Mestrov just standing his ground and not letting Tartak so probably allowed them two to go as long as we get something in return, and let's be honest there was nothing that good that Dragons have for us, so they'd probably offer someone like Woods.

Not really a big deal, Woods will probably be 2nd in line for middle forwards in terms of injury depth after Sipley, so won't be any close to the FG team.

I think there's more to the story for this before fans freak out. Tartak (player manager) probably trying to get more money for his two youngsters and push them out to the Dragons, even though it was speculated Fififta doesn't even want to. And then Mestrov just standing his ground and not letting Tartak so probably allowed them two to go as long as we get something in return, and let's be honest there was nothing that good that Dragons have for us, so they'd probably offer someone like Woods.

Not really a big deal, Woods will probably be 2nd in line for middle forwards in terms of injury depth after Sipley, so won't be any close to the FG team.
I agree with most of your assessment except for the comment speculating that Fifita doesn’t even want to go.He has a contract,so he doesn’t have to go.He’s not being pushed out by the club and it’s not one of those situations where if he refused to go,the club would consign him to reggies for the entirety of his contract.The fact his parents met with the Dragons hierarchy would suggest he’s happy to go due to the $$$ and nobody should begrudge him for that

The game passed this bloke by 5 years ago and has been released by Bulldogs, then Sharks, now Dragons.

And we think at 32 he has something to offer ??

Slow plodding cuddling forwards are no use to anyone.

Re the two leaving I can understand it's hard to keep young players happy chasing extra opportunity and cash. But why compound the error by signing Woods. It's just rubbing salt into the wounds.

What the actual.......

The game passed this bloke by 5 years ago and has been released by Bulldogs, then Sharks, now Dragons.

Re the two leaving I can understand it's hard to keep young players happy chasing extra opportunity and cash. But why compound the error by signing Woods. It's just rubbing salt into the wounds.

What the actual.......
As it’s been said on numerous occasions ,Woods was just a by product of releasing Tuitavake and Fifita.Manly would be paying close to nothing for him.If they get 3-4 injuries in the front row,he’ll do a job.Not as if he’s been bought in to be a regular player in first grade.The deal with Woods was all about negotiation to release the two young players.If you can understand why they were released,then think a bit more and you’ll uunderstand the Woods side of the deal

Last edited:
Funny thing is, we chased Woods almost a decade ago when he had far more mobility and scored powerful close range tries, had a quality offload and won super fast play the balls.
I'm a bit in shock we missed him then and now 10 years later, we get the leftovers.
I smell the stench of Nate Myles part 2 but if he has the Manly colours on, I'm gunna support him and hope he has more to offer then what he's shown the last 3 years.
In fact, really hope he shocks us all in a good way and plays an inspirational role
I feel young Fifita may come back to haunt us, but what's done is done and we have a competitive footy team now so gunna stay positive we are still headed in the right direction with a real feeling we will compete big time over the next few years

Funny thing is, we chased Woods almost a decade ago when he had far more mobility and scored powerful close range tries, had a quality offload and won super fast play the balls.
I'm a bit in shock we missed him then and now 10 years later, we get the leftovers.
I smell the stench of Nate Myles part 2 but if he has the Manly colours on, I'm gunna support him and hope he has more to offer then what he's shown the last 3 years.
In fact, really hope he shocks us all in a good way and plays an inspirational role
I feel young Fifita may come back to haunt us, but what's done is done and we have a competitive footy team now so gunna stay positive we are still headed in the right direction with a real feeling we will compete big time over the next few years
If you’re comparing him to Myles,then you don’t understand the deal that was made

As it’s been said on numerous occasions ,Woods was just a by product of releasing Tuitavake and Fifita.Manly would be paying close to nothing for him.If they get 3-4 injuries in the front row,he’ll do a job.Not as if he’s been bought in to be a regular player in first grade.The deal with Woods was all about negotiation to release the two young players.If you can understand why they were released,then think a bit more and you’ll uunderstand the Woods side of the deal
Wow. Lol.

If you’re comparing him to Myles,then you don’t understand the deal that was made
That makes 2 of us
But he WAS a quality player and 1 thing different to Myles, though both past their best "which is my main comparison"....I just hope Woods who supported Manly as a youngster, digs deeper and simply has more of a go

That makes 2 of us
But he WAS a quality player and 1 thing different to Myles, though both past their best "which is my main comparison"....I just hope Woods who supported Manly as a youngster, digs deeper and simply has more of a go
He may not even get a run but from my understanding,Manly are paying near on $0 for him

What the actual.......
Releasing 2 top 30 players means having to fill those 2 spots.

Woods is a cheap option & no doubt the remaining spot goes to GCKT.

Nick names.

Back in the 90s we gave an old bloke propa pre retirement pension. His nick name was Cement, his best may have been behind him, but no one would tell you he wasn’t still hard as ****.

Now this Woods bloke, long in the tooth, what will he bring? Well the obvious nick name of Tiger seems to be left right out, He goes by Sharron. Sharrrrr Ron. Nope it’s Sharon.

What have we done.

If the Dragons have paid stupid money for both Fifita and Tuitavake what do you expect the Manly club to do? I wouldn't pay overs for 2 promising juniors since we have other players who will require upgrades in the future. If both players don't want to finish their contracts we may as well send them packing and get something in exchange for them.

If the Dragons have paid stupid money for both Fifita and Tuitavake what do you expect the Manly club to do? I wouldn't pay overs for 2 promising juniors since we have other players who will require upgrades in the future. If both players don't want to finish their contracts we may as well send them packing and get something in exchange for them.
Well Said Damien - We still have Samuela Fainu coming through.

Woods 18th man today so can't be too close
yeah I was about to write similar to that.Normally if a player is about to head elsewhere,they’re taken out of the side,much like Fifita was removed from the Blacktown team yesterday.Interesting situation if he gets on today and suffers an injury,deal could be off

The only way this makes any sense is if Stmerge are so desperate to get our youngsters they are paying full freight on all 3 players. This would free up at least $240k in the cap, as well as a spot in the top 30.
I suspect this is the case and Woods is a public offering so Manly (and Mestrov) save a little face. This is obviously being driven by Tartak and Manly trying to make the best of the situation. Dragons have screwed us good, but they're trash and will go nowhere regardless. I hope Garrick and Saab have blinders and put 40 on them next time we meet

Nick names.

Back in the 90s we gave an old bloke propa pre retirement pension. His nick name was Cement, his best may have been behind him, but no one would tell you he wasn’t still hard as ****.

Now this Woods bloke, long in the tooth, what will he bring? Well the obvious nick name of Tiger seems to be left right out, He goes by Sharron. Sharrrrr Ron. Nope it’s Sharon.

What have we done.
yes I made the mistake of referring to him as Marion Woods in another post ,,,,anyways

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4