Aaron Woods ???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I heard that he was willing to play for min wage - if that’s the case then can not see the harm if he replaces another player like boyle
I have this car for sale if you’re interested.It’s got 4 bald tyres,no spare,wipers don’t work,can only go up to 60 km/h before it starts to shake.Not a very good investment really but I’ll sell it to you for minimum wage

I'm happy with Woods for Boyle, totally for that. But if bringing Woods is showing that we trying to force out Marty for 2022, that really frustrates me. Marty has another year of good footy left in him and deserves a ring, and he's going to get one this year or next year. He's a keeper for 2022.

Last edited:
I have this car for sale if you’re interested.It’s got 4 bald tyres,no spare,wipers don’t work,can only go up to 60 km/h before it starts to shake.Not a very good investment really but I’ll sell it to you for minimum wage
So for the same money you think there is more upside in Boyle?

I'm happy with Woods for Boyle, totally for that. But if bringing Woods is showing that we trying to force out Marty for 2022, that really frustrates me. Marty has another year of good footy left in him and deserves a ring, and he's going to get one this year or next year. He's a keeper for 2022.
I don’t agree. Marty has been good over the years but his best is well behind him and IMO he is easily the 4th or 5th string prop at our club. He has moments of powerful running but mostly it’s trying (and failing) to put footwork on and palm people off. Paseka is showing the way now followed by keppie. Both younger and faster. As for woods, I don’t see any advantage in bringing him on unless it’s to replace taupau and free us salary cap space.

I heard that he was willing to play for min wage - if that’s the case then can not see the harm if he replaces another player like boyle
What’s that , $110k, Yep no harm in that then although surely he’s a back up at best!

Must still be some interest from Manly in recruiting Woods if this option is still getting some news attention even though it has been confirmed that Marty will be with the club next year . And then Bullimor apparently on his way to Manly [ but he has utility value ] and a couple of lower grade props still in the system . Then Saddler and Boyle not apparently re signed . Still seems surprising that Manly would be interested in Woods even on minimum wage , up to Des and the recruiting team i guess .

I don’t agree. Marty has been good over the years but his best is well behind him and IMO he is easily the 4th or 5th string prop at our club. He has moments of powerful running but mostly it’s trying (and failing) to put footwork on and palm people off. Paseka is showing the way now followed by keppie. Both younger and faster. As for woods, I don’t see any advantage in bringing him on unless it’s to replace taupau and free us salary cap space.
Wow!
4th or 5th string prop - easily?
Hard marker.

Wow!
4th or 5th string prop - easily?
Hard marker.
Well on current form (say the last 5-7 weeks) I'd have Paseka first, Keppie 2nd, Aloia 3rd, Sipley 4th and Marty 5th. Maybe Marty before Sipley - arguable - but Sipley has been running harder - he just doesn't seem to have as big a tank and therefore makes a few errors in defence. But Marty's trajectory is downwards, unlike the others who are on the up IMO.

I think Woods has been good in the back half of this year but I would have thought that prop was the position we are best covered for atm...

Tent, Marty, Sips, Josh, Kelpie, De Luis and even Jake as a back up... Oh, and Bullymore coming...

Try to do that with centres...
Parker, Harper, Walker, Tippy-toes?, Tom as a back-up?

Last edited:
I think Woods has been good in the back half of this year but I would have thought that prop was the position we are best covered for atm...

Tent, Marty, Sips, Josh, Kelpie, De Luis and even Jake as a back up... Oh, and Bullymore coming...

Try to do that with centres...
Parker, Harper, Walker, Tippy-toes?, Tom as a back-up?
Yes, we definitely need another back or two.

I asked the same mate a few more questions. The deal hasn’t been done yet.

He’s not being brought in as a replacement for Taupau and is being offered a pretty modest contract to form part of the extended squad, not as a high profile first 17 signing.

Woods is a Manly fan and isn’t being offered big contracts elsewhere. He sees the opportunity to be involved in a premiership at his childhood team and Manly see a really valuable squad member to add to our rotation of forwards who will be a good influence in our club culture.

To those whingeing I’d suggest that a bloke coming for the love of our club and a belief in what we are building rather than for money as a good thing. I’ll be welcoming him with open arms.

I asked the same mate a few more questions. The deal hasn’t been done yet.

He’s not being brought in as a replacement for Taupau and is being offered a pretty modest contract to form part of the extended squad, not as a high profile first 17 signing.

Woods is a Manly fan and isn’t being offered big contracts elsewhere. He sees the opportunity to be involved in a premiership at his childhood team and Manly see a really valuable squad member to add to our rotation of forwards who will be a good influence in our club culture.

To those whingeing I’d suggest that a bloke coming for the love of our club and a belief in what we are building rather than for money as a good thing. I’ll be welcoming him with open arms.
Yep, dont get the negativity

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4