Aaron Woods ???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Off-contract Aaron Woods reveals Premiership dreams driving his next NRL contract​

WRITTEN BY LACHLAN MCKIRDY

Off-contract Cronulla Sharks prop Aaron Woods has revealed that winning a Premiership is still the ultimate goal driving him to secure another NRL deal.

The 30-year-old was told by Cronulla that he will not be in their plans for the 2022 season and beyond.

That's even though he reportedly was willing to take a massive pay cut to stay in the Shire for just $185k a year. Well down on the $600k a year he is on at the moment.

Hearing more and more unconfirmed reports Woodsy is headed our way. (Aaron not @woodsy)

if the report above is on the mark and it’s more about seeking a premiership than money I think this is a fantastic signing.

he’d be taking less than half of what Siro does in our salary cap, Manly tragic as a kid and clearly loves the club plus motivated to win a comp and playing for passion for the game and love of a childhood club instead of for dollars. Would be a great influence on our young forwards.

I can definitely see a Renaissance for the big fella on the Northern Beaches. hope the rumours are true.

Some suggestion that Storm has now expressed interest and the greater chance of a premiership at the latter part of his career might too much to pass up.

Of COURSE ! Hahaha. Perfect timing from his manager to eek a few more dollars out of a potential team. Interesting that they are losing players (Finucane, Hynes for example) because they are at the cap limit, but can afford Aaron Woods.

Of COURSE ! Hahaha. Perfect timing from his manager to eek a few more dollars out of a potential team. Interesting that they are losing players (Finucane, Hynes for example) because they are at the cap limit, but can afford Aaron Woods.
I'm sure you're right about the manager talking things up, however both Hynes and Finucane would be paid a lot more than Woods, so there would be a saving for melbourne in there somewhere.

If Dessie wants Woods, I doubt he'd be swayed to offer overs on the basis of such rumours.

As long as Woods is a bench prop on 185k, it's not a bad signing but if he is a swap for Taupau, we are in trouble. I watched Woods performance against Raiders more closely due to the recent reports and he was awful...I actually was open to the idea until watching the Raiders game. He was poor in defence and his hitups lacked any starch whatsoever.

Very concerning.

As long as Woods is a bench prop on 185k, it's not a bad signing but if he is a swap for Taupau, we are in trouble. I watched Woods performance against Raiders more closely due to the recent reports and he was awful...I actually was open to the idea until watching the Raiders game. He was poor in defence and his hitups lacked any starch whatsoever.

Very concerning.
I didn't watch him play on the weekend but the media reported that his wife gave birth during the week and with the move up to QLD, it would have been an extremely disrupted week for him. So I wouldn't cast judgement on last week's game alone.

Personally I think he has gone OK this year. Not one of the best props going around - far from it - but still a pretty decent for a 'roster filler'.

Very concerning.
Even as a bench prop, I’d say very concerning
Hard to know who Des picks as his starting props
Paseka/Aloia/Marty-if his still with us (maybe better in the rotation)
Marty v Woods Marty
Sipley v Woods Sipley
Keppie v Woods Keppie
Saddler v Woods For me I’d like to see us stick with Saddler and stick with developing our youth, so Saddler
If Aloia plays from the bench v Woods Aloia
I don’t see where or why we want Woods, as you said you watched him v the raiders, his stats may still support his worth, but for me he has always come across as a lazy player, can’t say he must train well either, his body is evidence of that, I just don’t get why we are interested.
And just because he offered to stay at the Sharks for $185 does that mean he will come to us for $185? Apparently the scum and storm showing interest, I say let them have him.
If we want another prop surely we can procure a better option for the club.

Even as a bench prop, I’d say very concerning
Hard to know who Des picks as his starting props
Paseka/Aloia/Marty-if his still with us (maybe better in the rotation)
Marty v Woods Marty
Sipley v Woods Sipley
Keppie v Woods Keppie
Saddler v Woods For me I’d like to see us stick with Saddler and stick with developing our youth, so Saddler
If Aloia plays from the bench v Woods Aloia
I don’t see where or why we want Woods, as you said you watched him v the raiders, his stats may still support his worth, but for me he has always come across as a lazy player, can’t say he must train well either, his body is evidence of that, I just don’t get why we are interested.
And just because he offered to stay at the Sharks for $185 does that mean he will come to us for $185? Apparently the scum and storm showing interest, I say let them have him.
If we want another prop surely we can procure a better option for the club.
I always thought the Scum were the Sharks...they're the ones letting him go.

I didn't watch him play on the weekend but the media reported that his wife gave birth during the week and with the move up to QLD, it would have been an extremely disrupted week for him. So I wouldn't cast judgement on last week's game alone.

Personally I think he has gone OK this year. Not one of the best props going around - far from it - but still a pretty decent for a 'roster filler'.
Well for whatever reason, it was pretty bloody awful!

He has failed to run for over 100m in four matches, the rest sit between 100-150m per match...so yeah, he has gone OK. Agree, he can be a roster filler.

I always thought the Scum were the Sharks...they're the ones letting him go.
I was referring to Parra, probably meant to type slime, might even of been think Scumatta at the time, whatever, but I get why the Sharks are happy to part ways, I’m just not sure it’s a good pick up for us even at $185, when we have 6 props, if it happens I hope he proves to be value for us.

Every time a club signs a player every screams salary cap....makes me laugh.

Bulldogs current roster is junk, of course they have space.

Plus a few of these signings are undervalued due to a variety of issues

Every time a club signs a player every screams salary cap....makes me laugh.

Bulldogs current roster is junk, of course they have space.

Plus a few of these signings are undervalued due to a variety of issues
I take your point to some degree but the thing about the Dogs cap is they've paid overs to attract a lot of their recent signings...even though the roster looks like 'junk'
I don't wanna list all of them because I've mentioned it in other threads but take Corey Allan as an example. He played SOO and fullback for Rabbits last year when Dogs signed him as a fullback. They paid good money for him and although he languishing on the wing and appears to be part of their 'junk' roster, he isn't being paid as 'junk'. Same goes for Flanagan who is playing reserve grade now but was somewhat of a marquee signing. Then consider they must have a squad of 30 fit under a cap and they've got something like 13 off-contract, how will it be balanced next year with all the new signings?

Most clubs can afford to sign 1 or 2 marquee players and 2-3 middle of the roads at any given stage. Somehow the Dogs can sign 7-8 + players for 500k minimum (some up to 800k), still fill the other 13 vacant spots and remain cap compliant. That's a hell of a jig saw they have going on over there.

I take your point to some degree but the thing about the Dogs cap is they've paid overs to attract a lot of their recent signings...even though the roster looks like 'junk'
I don't wanna list all of them because I've mentioned it in other threads but take Corey Allan as an example. He played SOO and fullback for Rabbits last year when Dogs signed him as a fullback. They paid good money for him and although he languishing on the wing and appears to be part of their 'junk' roster, he isn't being paid as 'junk'. Same goes for Flanagan who is playing reserve grade now but was somewhat of a marquee signing. Then consider they must have a squad of 30 fit under a cap and they've got something like 13 off-contract, how will it be balanced next year with all the new signings?

Most clubs can afford to sign 1 or 2 marquee players and 2-3 middle of the roads at any given stage. Somehow the Dogs can sign 7-8 + players for 500k minimum (some up to 800k), still fill the other 13 vacant spots and remain cap compliant. That's a hell of a jig saw they have going on over there.
True but players like Napa and Hoppa were on good coin who are going.

Also overs is only overs in comparison to what they could get elsewhere. So whilst Allan is on overs that doesnt mean he is on 700-800k

In terms of 7-8 players on 500k+ I doubt Nadan, Dufty or Vaughan will be on near that.

Anyway the main point is that if you listened to everyone here 15 clubs are over the cap but not Manly

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4