Aaron Woods ???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
The below is from the mole.
Des has form picking up players like this and giving them a second wind. I’m not a big woods fan but do like the fact he was a manly tragic growing up.

——————————————————————————

Parramatta and Manly are fighting a two-way battle for Sharks prop Aaron Woods - and could even get him for the remainder of this season.

The Sharks have told Woods - a former NSW and Australian front-rower - that he is free to leave at the end of the season.

Plenty of clubs have shown interest in the big man, including strugglers Brisbane, but Wide World of Sports is hearing that Woods is tossing up between the Eels and Sea Eagles.

And if a deal can be struck in coming weeks, Woods, aged 30 and a veteran of over 200 top-grade games, could be playing for his new club in the finals.

I watched him closely against the warriors as this chat has been around for a while

He is very slow, but picks up his metres and doesn’t get driven back, and it was a good rotation he was up against

Obviously minimal coin for the remainder of the year and he would be a handy pickup with how depleted our pack is

I watched him closely against the warriors as this chat has been around for a while

He is very slow, but picks up his metres and doesn’t get driven back, and it was a good rotation he was up against

Obviously minimal coin for the remainder of the year and he would be a handy pickup with how depleted our pack is
He is also known to be good with off loads . Was he affective with off loads against the warriors ?

Can only assume that any Arron Wood "s to Manly speculation in the short term would be influenced with Sipley being unavailable for a time but curious how this would be compatible with Manly 's current cap arrangement . And then future speculation with our current prop stocks into next season if there would be an option to keep him longer . Still see Saddler as a good prospect , no doubt that Woods could still offer something but is a bit surprising if he would be recruited longer term with the present list of props on the books

A lot of valid points, but for mine, he is a lazy player who only does what he has to, with the up tempo game we are playing these days his not the type of player to add value, his not a worker.
His all of sudden hot property, us the eels and other are fighting over, i guess you get lucky sometimes, but the sharks don’t wont him, he didn’t help the tigs or the dogs, I’m not a fan at this stage, but if he gives us a security blanket in the front row heading into and during the finals then it might be a good thing regardless.
Did he play under Des at his time at the dogs? I can’t recall.

A lot of valid points, but for mine, he is a lazy player who only does what he has to, with the up tempo game we are playing these days his not the type of player to add value, his not a worker.
His all of sudden hot property, us the eels and other are fighting over, i guess you get lucky sometimes, but the sharks don’t wont him, he didn’t help the tigs or the dogs, I’m not a fan at this stage, but if he gives us a security blanket in the front row heading into and during the finals then it might be a good thing regardless.
Did he play under Des at his time at the dogs? I can’t recall.
No he did not play under Des . He played at the dogs in 2018 . Des left the dogs in 2017

I'd definitely take him. He will have a new lease of life playing for the club he supports.

He's still playing decent football and Des will more out of him. Bit of experience is needed with this squad as well.

Be a good signing. Especially with Sipley out.

The ONLY thing I would see positive is the fact Woods was a Manly fan as a kid and just maybe, would be invigorated and go extra hard in the Maroon and White....he does amble up as stated above but can win quick play balls which I like....not a Super exciting signing but feel he is a better option than Boyle, Goziewski for a start.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6