A special request!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My daughter Alice has finally been able to make a response to this ( on Facebook) so I thought I'd share it for you, here it is.

As of now 191 people have donated to the fundraiser - many of whom have never met us. I cannot put into words how much this means to us and how thankful we are that so many people have donated and shared to help us live the **** out of whatever time that we have left together as a family. Our hearts are incredibly heavy and we are often overwhelmed with the sadness this news has bought to us and our families but to know that we now have the chance to fulfil some of the plans that we thought we had a lifetime to experience means so much. So even though it doesn't seem enough, all we can say is thank you. Thank you for your donations, your beautiful comments and words of love and encouragement. We have started the planning and look forward to sharing what your donations have provided to us!

(I have made this post public and ask that those who have shared our fundraiser please share this in the hope that those that don't know us know how thankful that we are x)

Hi Mark
This thread is so much more important than many others on here. It is also footy related in the way that rugby league supporters can come together and help a family who really needs it.
Made a little donation last night.
Strength to you family.

It's still growing we are now almost at $16k, and this opens up a huge range of things for them to do ( as long as Mick's health hangs in there for another 6 months).

The Panthers are starting to get on board , he's going to Sydney in mid March to be taken offshore for some fishing ( donated) and attending the footy. I think he will lead the Panthers on to the field , and be in the sheds pre and post game ( along with his little boys).

It's about building as many memories as we can.

We'd love to get this to $20k for them , the secret is sharing the page on social media, every time it's shared up goes the total.

If you've shared it before we thank you, if you haven't could you take a few minutes of your day and do so.

This is going to buy them many family experiences.

Mick's not really a Disneyland type of person, loves his fishing , his 4wding , his Panthers and most of all his little boys.

This is going to be used to get the family to Cape York, to Western Australia ( kids have never been on a plane), and possibly a South Pacific cruise.

Thanks once again everyone.

G'day Mark, i'll do my best to make a contribution soon.
Horrible thing you and your family must be going through and I wish all of you the best in such a hopeless situation.
May the next few months be the best of Mick's life. Much love.

G'day Mark, i'll do my best to make a contribution soon.
Horrible thing you and your family must be going through and I wish all of you the best in such a hopeless situation.
May the next few months be the best of Mick's life. Much love.
Thanks mate, yes tough going, the last 2 1/2 years have busted the kids mentally, physically and financially, my wife and I shouted them a week at the coast ( they have just left to go home ) and despite the weather it was great to see them enjoying the swimming, and the park facilities, plus some lovely people donated $500 direct to us so Mick could do some special stuff on his birthday.

Best of all someone paid for a photographer who was with them for 3 hours and took some amazing photos, some great memories for their little boys.

Last edited:
Thanks mate

Well Mark, I finally got the PayPal bit to work but to do it I had to disable both my Kaspersky Total Security and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Home (Premium) programs to get it to work.

Anyway, my donation was made and the total raised now stands at $17,395. :)

Well Mark, I finally got the PayPal bit to work but to do it I had to disable both my Kaspersky Total Security and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Home (Premium) programs to get it to work.

Anyway, my donation was made and the total raised now stands at $17,395. :)

Greatly appreciated and sorry about the hassle.

Great to see humanity at its best . We ALL face challenges through out our lives and its the good people of this world that help us to get by .

Last edited:
Almost $18k mate so pretty good, love to get $20k for them.

Also got a call today from Ron, who regularly reads Silvertails ( but I don't think posts) with the offer of some holiday accommodation at a unit he owns on the Gold Coast, not a cash donation as such but probably worth $1000.00, which is another amazing gift ( thanks again Ron).

In some good news today, his Oncologist said his recent Chemo has " held " the Cancer at bay, and whilst the next round will not be as effective they are happy to continue this but make it every 3 weeks (giving him 2 good weeks in every 3).

The Dr said this could give him another 6-9 months, so instead of the 6-9 months they were advised of a few weeks ago it could mean 12-18 months.

That , when you are thinking you won't make Xmas is excellent news.

They are getting their affairs in order ( wills etc), then the plan is to sit down and work out a bucket list.

This fund is going to mean so much to them, you just can't imagine how it's changed their lives.

Almost $18k mate so pretty good, love to get $20k for them.

Also got a call today from Ron, who regularly reads Silvertails ( but I don't think posts) with the offer of some holiday accommodation at a unit he owns on the Gold Coast, not a cash donation as such but probably worth $1000.00, which is another amazing gift ( thanks again Ron).

In some good news today, his Oncologist said his recent Chemo has " held " the Cancer at bay, and whilst the next round will not be as effective they are happy to continue this but make it every 3 weeks (giving him 2 good weeks in every 3).

The Dr said this could give him another 6-9 months, so instead of the 6-9 months they were advised of a few weeks ago it could mean 12-18 months.

That , when you are thinking you won't make Xmas is excellent news.

They are getting their affairs in order ( wills etc), then the plan is to sit down and work out a bucket list.

This fund is going to mean so much to them, you just can't imagine how it's changed their lives.

Mark very happy to hear this. Hope you all have a blast whatever you all decide to do with the money.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4