A real message this team is on the up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was such an important performance from the boys to show us fans that had doubts after last week, that this is not the same **** from last year. We've matured and we are actually playing with some actual pride in our jersey (no pun intended), it's important, we are a different side in 2023 and we gotta back the boys all the way.

Just got home and still excited. The adrenalin made it an easy walk up Beacon Hill Road tonight. Almost wet my pants when Olam got belted! So many good moments. Still some work to do but that's attitude we need to bottle.
Firstly thanks for sharing and secondly thanks for not poisoning the grass/staining the seat/bench you were sitting on.;)

That’s what Manly (and other teams) should have been doing to Olam all along.

Next time Manly plays Cronulla, I would like to see Talakai cop the same treatment.

The message was sent to the fans several times last night that we do care, we do love this club. Toff walking around past the Fulton stand winding up the crowd, Saab sending hand gestures to rev up the crowd. It's was great to see the camaraderie between the players and the fans. They wanted to atone for last week mess and they did. More power to them and hopefully more of that to come.

Our much maligned forwards were epic tonight. Allof them!
Our backline really misses The Shoe. Johns does nothing except pass the ball. Has he had a run in the past three matches?
Obviously with Sandwich back next week it will strengthen the backline. While Harpo played well tonight we are missing the speed that Koala brings.
Saab makes a difference. He is now hitting harder in defence, taking the tough runs and is a weapon in the air. The DCE kick from the scrum base to a charging Saab is a great play and one that is sadly neglected.
Johns is a solid defender though and good short kicker. Nothing brilliant but does his job.

I am still more concerned about what happened vs Penrith and Newcastle.

I expect us to perform at home like we did vs Storm.

But it's a hard comp, near impossible to win 2 or 3 straight games. I guess we must learn and move on.

One thing has never changed in league, if the forwards are dominant it takes the pressure off the backs. I was so impressed by DCE last night, one of his greatest ever games.

I am still more concerned about what happened vs Penrith and Newcastle.

I expect us to perform at home like we did vs Storm.

But it's a hard comp, near impossible to win 2 or 3 straight games. I guess we must learn and move on.

One thing has never changed in league, if the forwards are dominant it takes the pressure off the backs. I was so impressed by DCE last night, one of his greatest ever games.
Jarome was quiet last night because we had there forwards measure.

I had a lot to say last week but as a fan all I can do is marvel in the turnaround. Loved the intensity, hope we use this as a platform to build onto.

Awesome to win. Great tough game - soooo entertaining. Apologies for being a Debbie Downer but let's stay realistic here. We have 2 issues that need to be resolved before we have a hope of top 4 finish or a premiership. We need to play with that same toughness and resolve at away games without having the crowd cheering us home and we need to get UP for games against mediocre teams we are expected to win against. Until we do that we are not a force in the comp.

Last edited:
How was Tualagi? I didn’t really notice him amongst a very impressive forward performance.

How does our back line miss Tisschu when he never plays? I think too many supporters fantasize about what he could be rather than what he has been to date.

I was also impressed with Saab tonight, he just doesn’t look like he is going to be rag-dolled anymore.

Sandwich for Varga.

You didn't notice Tualagi because he didn't play after he got an HIA after 25 mins.
Manly were actually lucky Kelma went off as he defensively very lazy.

Bully was brilliant over the next 55 mins.

You didn't notice Tualagi because he didn't play after he got an HIA after 25 mins.
Manly were actually lucky Kelma went off as he defensively very lazy.

Bully was brilliant over the next 55 mins.
Yeah, I found out later… completely missed the HIA incident and was thinking by half-time I hadn’t really noticed him. It may have been a blessing in disguise, and with his absence against the tigers I guess we will get some further idea.

Yeah, I found out later… completely missed the HIA incident and was thinking by half-time I hadn’t really noticed him. It may have been a blessing in disguise, and with his absence against the tigers I guess we will get some further idea.

Yep agree, cat 1 so he is out for 1 match.

I wonder if Keppie or maybe Condon comes in?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4