A real message this team is on the up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Loved the game and the first I went to this season ...

Hill absolutely LOVED the hits, Woodsie, Vaenga... the lot ... great coliseum atmosphere...even the pshycho security guard on the hill relaxed when Manly was winning.

Beer queue was surprisingly not ridiculously long (I have waiting 20 minutes in times gone by).

Plenty of young (20 somethings) supporters which I absolutely love. Not just old farts reliving the glory days. Everyone getting right into it.

Everyone was up for that game and it was majestic to watch.

Hill absolutely LOVED the hits, Woodsie, Vaenga... the lot ... great coliseum atmosphere...even the pshycho security guard on the hill relaxed when Manly was winning.

Beer queue was surprisingly not ridiculously long (I have waiting 20 minutes in times gone by).

Plenty of young (20 somethings) supporters which I absolutely love. Not just old farts reliving the glory days. Everyone getting right into it.

Sounded fabulous on TV.

Mate it really was ... such a vibe. I was half expecting a subdued affair but it really was a cracker. Even Mimmo's prior the game was all Maroon and White. Would have loved to kick on after in one of the many craft beer joints but the Mrs had a 5am start the next day!!

Great atmosphere. I reckon the new stand makes it feel more enclosed and noisy. Sensational. Crowds have been excellent this year. 👏🏻

I didn't see the Penrith game but considering we were missing Schuster and Koula, Turbo was playing with back spasms, and our left edge was shot, I'm not too concerned about the result.

The Souths game was disappointing but I think the occasion of John Sattler's death just got the better of our guys, plus we were dudded by that forward pass call.

The game against Newcastle was there to be won but they have showed they are no easy beats.

Disappointing to not be a little higher on the ladder but all things considered we are in good shape.

Great atmosphere. I reckon the new stand makes it feel more enclosed and noisy. Sensational. Crowds have been excellent this year. 👏🏻
Yes it does. A much more stadium-like experience now.
30D99BFF-1930-45E8-A246-D33CB4A2565D.jpeg

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing your Manly Winning Match Experience feathered friend

There is Nothing more exhilarating than a Manly Win ,

Winning and Living up to our Legendary clubs Benchmark high Winning standards

And when the Winning starts the Winging stops and all Manly people are happy again :)
a4fb7643e51bdc3edcd776939f4032a1

Yep worried about the Tigers, they will be coming of a bye and us a draining (mentally annd physically) game.

We need to keep focused
While it was a tough game at least it wasn’t an extra time golden point collapsing in exhaustion type of contest, like the Knighrs draw. I think they will be fine next week, especially with some fresh troops back.

The old farts (me included) and a lot of not so, were pretty revved up in the Jane Try Stand as well. Lost my voice by nights end, so that's a good indicator. It's not quite the Hill but sadly, those days of sitting there are long gone for me. @:( Love looking across though and seeing it full and noisy. :)

That's why it's crucial to get a stand along the hill side. Would make the place a very unpleasant cauldron for opposition teams to visit.
I would settle over the next 5-10 years for upgrades to the rest of the ground, with a corner stand (of the same size and style as the Bob Fulton) in the SE corner. Currently it looks like a ‘missing tooth’ at that end.

Hopefully of course the whole ground is redeveloped at some point in the future future.

The old farts (me included) and a lot of not so, were pretty revved up in the Jane Try Stand as well. Lost my voice by nights end, so that's a good indicator. It's not quite the Hill but sadly, those days of sitting there are long gone for me. @:( Love looking across though and seeing it full and noisy. :)

I’m with you 68 made the move from the Hill to the Jane Try about 5 seasons ago. It’s nice to be comfortable when you get to the old fart stage like me.

Hehe I found the fountain of youth! I identify as an old fart too nowadays

It is on the Hill surrounded by a bunch of p!ssed 20 somethings with a couple of four pines in me ... felt no pain (knee / back) and definitely reeling in the years :)

Another thing to note: It was also great to see (and a bit surprising) there were soo many girls on the hill too. Also ripping right in.

I think Seibs summarised it well.

“It was all about attitude, whereas against Newcastle and Penrith, we didn’t have it.”

There’s no doubt it will ebb and flow from week to week, for whatever reason.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4