A past player’s thoughts on the situation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm really surprised you would rate this worthy of posting mate.

The guy can't even construct a sentence properly.

I have no doubt about our extreme incompetence at front office level but this nufty's gibberish is hardly worthy of mention.

Each to their own mate. As much as his comments weren’t constructed well, there is no doubt about what he is trying to say. Essentially the fact that our on field success and the incredible team we had hid the issues that have been there behind the scenes for some time and it’s time the owners copped some of the blame for what we’re seeing now.

All this facility talk is bull****, as stated above we won a premiership with our old gym.
Who gives a toss what it looks like.
A 50kg plate is a 50 kg plate, some of the best lifters in the world train in very simple gyms.

We managed 2 grand finals, 4 grand final appearances and loads of finals games with the old **** facilities they all talk of.

Take for example the Broncos whom have had every resource know to man and they haven’t won since 2006.

The Titans have a big fancy centre of excellence ands it’s returned how many GF wins??

League is a simple game played by simple men. If you play tough and don’t give up you win. Luck plays a massive part but pretty much you just need to play hard and do your job.

Hehe i keep thinking of Rocky IV and the difference in training methods.. Maybe we need a better training montage :rock:

Someone has to itemize the resources that we lack that directly impacts a player training or in rehab.

Manly's real problem has been the inteference from the front office with the footy department :mad:

End nepotism and save our Club:wait:

This guy:

20180815_082016.jpg

Like Toovey said on fox. The weights weigh the same, the ground is the same size and the footballs are the same shape.

Its all just excuses.

as far as physical amenities are concerned ... I agree ... a bag of bricks is still a weight .... however when it comes to attracting players .. a tour of facilities shouldn't be a walk of shame .....

.. Also ... love Tooves ... but I wonder if a couple of seasons without a recruitment Officer and Salary cap manager would change his opinion slightly ....

Funny...weren’t we crowing about our amazing new facilities, only the off-season before last? I seem to recall Klemmer being toured around them when we were hoping to get his signature, and him stating he was “very impressed” or some such. Probably media spin either way, but it’d be nice to operate without the constant agendas and subtext, wouldn’t it? I’m positive we got a brand new gym...

Funny...weren’t we crowing about our amazing new facilities, only the off-season before last? I seem to recall Klemmer being toured around them when we were hoping to get his signature, and him stating he was “very impressed” or some such. Probably media spin either way, but it’d be nice to operate without the constant agendas and subtext, wouldn’t it? I’m positive we got a brand new gym...

Yeah .... the only "resources" I've seen linked to Barrett's demands are in the support staff .. eg recruitment and salary cap ... I think the issue has been hijacked (unlike Silvertails I know) to falsely include all facilities .... again it seems that the facts are whatever we wish them to be ...

I'm really surprised you would rate this worthy of posting mate.

The guy can't even construct a sentence properly.

I have no doubt about our extreme incompetence at front office level but this nufty's gibberish is hardly worthy of mention.
I can't even figure out what he's saying, is he saying that Penrith is better than Manly or Manly is better than Penrith?

I am confused by Barrett wanting out for the reasons stated. It may well be the case that resources are not great but based on Lyall Gorman's interview over the weekend Manly are looking to put in place a recruitment manager and other staff to help with the load. They also have the grant approved for the new facilities.

As for all the so called drama at the club with the exception of the salary cap issue what has been caused by the Penn's or front office.

Poor onfield performance is a reflection on the coach and players.

The Hastings incident to me is an issue that sits squarely with Barrett. He is the guy in charge of managing the players just like any other boss in the work place. The owners aren't at training each day to pull players into line.

The Gladstone incident again this is a coach / player issue. If Barrett was respected by the team would they really defy his orders not to go out.

I am confused by Barrett wanting out for the reasons stated. It may well be the case that resources are not great but based on Lyall Gorman's interview over the weekend Manly are looking to put in place a recruitment manager and other staff to help with the load. They also have the grant approved for the new facilities.

As for all the so called drama at the club with the exception of the salary cap issue what has been caused by the Penn's or front office.

Poor onfield performance is a reflection on the coach and players.

The Hastings incident to me is an issue that sits squarely with Barrett. He is the guy in charge of managing the players just like any other boss in the work place. The owners aren't at training each day to pull players into line.

The Gladstone incident again this is a coach / player issue. If Barrett was respected by the team would they really defy his orders not to go out.
My personal belief from reading between the lines (which is fraught with danger but a cornerstone of the ST forum) is that Trent has demanded support and wanted some autonomy over how that support was structured which the Penns have then taken as a questioning of their authority (they have form in this area) and told him to shove off - essentially placing the coach in an untenable position.... Tooves dug his heels in when placed in a similar position but then he was a CLUB LEGEND and look how it worked out for him....

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6