A message to the panic merchants and dummy spitters.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Disagree. Happiness = Reality - Expectations
Happiness could be: outcome - expectation ( say top 4) + potential ( or in business what’s deemed as good will). Any formula is ultimately deductible to perception imo.

Looking at perception in psychology one of the cornerstone measures of how we perceive the world is character trait Neuroticism. There is a scale, one end represents positive emotions the other end represents negative emotions like paranoia etc like say Doctor Smith from lost in space. The extreme panic merchants are more akin to Doctor smith. 😀 All jokes aside we all sit somewhere in the spectrum.

Happiness could be: outcome - expectation ( say top 4) + potential ( or in business what’s deemed as good will). Any formula is ultimately deductible to perception imo.

Looking at perception in psychology one of the cornerstone measures of how we perceive the world is character trait Neuroticism. There is a scale, one end represents positive emotions the other end represents negative emotions like paranoia etc like say Doctor Smith from lost in space. The extreme panic merchants are more akin to Doctor smith. 😀 All jokes aside we all sit somewhere in the spectrum.

Which is why psychology is carnivalesque voodoo ... and not real science.

Which is why psychology is carnivalesque voodoo ... and not real science.
Hey Woodsie, you should look up the big 5 personality traits. This supported by science to a large degree. Any psych test is pretty much based on it.

Hey Woodsie, you should look up the big 5 personality traits. This supported by science to a large degree. Any psych test is pretty much based on it.

Yes, but that gives credit to psych tests .. which don't deserve it .. haven't all those mumbo jumbo tests been discredited.

if a house is on fire you can either find a hose, obviously not sco mo , try to put it out and assess the damage. then the neighbours (the fans)can discuss what precautions can be made to ensure another house isnt next . you may live in a house of sticks, you may live in a house of bricks but the fire is todays news and people want to discuss stuff because they like houses and the people that inhabit them

or you bask in the warmth because your too good for negativity

someone is not negative for assessing the damage as someone is not positive for ignoring the damage

I find this argument ridiculous overall and doesnt make you a negative or a positive person in anyones eyes but your own. no one on here gives up on OUR TEAM, despite there predictions and assessments of the weekly blaze

while no fans critique on silvertails helps the team, nor does it hurt the team

if you get upset at other peoples opinions ,and brand them negative, that is on YOU. acceptance of people, there ideas and opinions is probably a far bigger indicator of where you are in life

we will do it as a team and we will do it my way, negative, positive ?

if a house is on fire you can either find a hose, obviously not sco mo , try to put it out and assess the damage. then the neighbours (the fans)can discuss what precautions can be made to ensure another house isnt next . you may live in a house of sticks, you may live in a house of bricks but the fire is todays news and people want to discuss stuff because they like houses and the people that inhabit them

someone is not negative for assessing the damage as someone is not positive for ignoring the damage

I find this argument ridiculous overall and doesnt make you a negative or a positive person in anyones eyes but your own. no one on here gives up on OUR TEAM, despite there predictions and assessments of the weekly blaze

if you get upset at other peoples opinions ,and brand them negative, that is on YOU. acceptance of people, there ideas and opinions is probably a far bigger indicator of where you are in life

You are assuming that it is actually a fire,maybe it is just a lamp in the window..... ;)

It doesn’t stop anyone from posting and saying what they want. We can critique each other’s views as well. That’s like being smashed when posting something positive when we lose or critiquing someone for being too negative 😀. As long as it does not get personal all is good.
PS. Disagree with the sco mo comment though not that this should matter here 😀

Last edited:
A message to the "True Supporters" I was here first..... And.... I'm still here.....
I must be slow but what’s a true supporter? I thought we were all true supporters? Except for good old soup as he is a total fraud.

Last edited:

This is a terrible analogy mate. Noone would argue there wasnt a fire in this situation, so your analogy is arguing that people who are positive on this site cant see that there are problems. Naturally we all see there are issues, but we disagree on the root cause and ways to improve.

I must be slow but what’s a true supporter? I thought we were all true supporters? Except for good old soup as he is a total fraud.
The true supporters are the ones who tell us in what manner we should support our team. Me - I'll stick the boot in where it needs to be stuck - call out lazy & sheite players not playing to their potential, cuss & scream & come back next week to do it all again. I don't need Johnny come lately to tell me how to support my team :) None of us do...

I agree with this with the caveat that like in real life some kind of social etiquette needs to apply. Say like someone posting negative crap every 5 seconds when we are losing a game. That’s bloody annoying and inconsiderate and should be branded. It’s like if you constantly fart at the dinner table at family dinners you will certainly be branded and your behaviour will be constrained even though farting is natural and technically can not hurt you. 😀

Attachments

• 1652812170929.jpeg
    1652812170929.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 9
Would be nice if this was the case... 8 years of mediocrity has made me wary... and weary
Gee I wouldn't call the last 8 years all mediocrity ... yes we have had some poor years but at least two of those years - both semi's against Souths when Jake was sent off and last year when the Suli interference and no try and the Turbo dropped ball we had bloody good seasons. Certainly if Jake is not sent off, that game is different. 2014 we finished second, 2016 we made the semis, 2019 was the Souths/Jake send off game and last year was a great year. Certainly some ordinary years interspersed - totally agree.

Excuses excuses excuses (btw Panthers didn'teven have Cleary when we played them)... as if other teams don't also play the best, suffer injuries, or misfortunes. If letting in 40 tries in 10 games (12th in NRL, behind Barrett's Dogs - the worst year in Hasler's career barring 2020) is just a little rut mostly due to bad luck in your opinion, then we'll just have to agree to disagree champ
I can see a long and fruitful life of disagreement and hearty keyboard conflict in our future Pete.

Obviously given pretty well everything I say is countered with a negative on your side, you enjoy sitting at one end of the rainbow ( the brown smelly end) while I like to sit at the other.

That's cool. we all have our opinions and feelings so power to you.

If I were to address your points I would probably double down on the fact Penrith ( a side that's lost probably 6 times in 2 years) having scored their first Prem in 20 years in QLD returns home in front of a sellout and plays a special special game of footy. Not sure you watched it but if you think they didn't lift for that game you're kidding yourself. That side in round one was the side that smashed Melbourne and I'm not referring to Nathan Cleary in the least. It's cultural, it's built, and in that playing group at the moment it's scary.

next is the the big D in the corner.

Lets deep dive into some stats because I'm sure you like stats.

out of the 10 games and 40 tries you talk about 29 were scored in 5 rounds. Shocking yes but hang on.

5 v the panthers on their turf in round 1 ( see above for that one)
5 v rooters at the SCG
6 V sharks at shark park ( 6 tries in 40 min - anomaly moment)
7 v the rabbits on the central coast ( v 12 men for 70 min)
6 v broncos at Suncorp ( at night, home game for them, huge result)

see any themes there?

exactly!

Apart from the broncos all against teams going pretty bloody well on their home grounds. All night games. 2 against last year's GF teams. rooters and sharks are going pretty well. we take OUR home game to Brisbane for magic round (great idea not)....

we have issues. we need to start firing. we need fit players. we need some LUCK!

So yes Pete you are correct we have let in 40 tries and that's not good enough. But 29 of them in 4 1/2 matches of footy gives some clarity.

Of course its probably easier just to spout off about the Dogs and Hasler so fill ya boots buddy.

Gee I wouldn't call the last 8 years all mediocrity ... yes we have had some poor years but at least two of those years - both semi's against Souths when Jake was sent off and last year when the Suli interference and no try and the Turbo dropped ball we had bloody good seasons. Certainly if Jake is not sent off, that game is different. 2014 we finished second, 2016 we made the semis, 2019 was the Souths/Jake send off game and last year was a great year. Certainly some ordinary years interspersed - totally agree.
mate! you are acting way too happy! stop it.

I too enjoyed last year. some of the best footy any NRL side has played.

2019 was so close to being very different until the ref decided it.

2014 should have been ours. again stolen with one bad ref decision on the non forward pass from Maloney.

we beat Parra 50 nill in that time when I was actually back in Aus and at Brookie. what a day.

we beat the dogs 66 nill.

some good times.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8