A fresh look

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hard to get a real form line on that type of game. Souths were pretty ordinary, but maybe that was because we never let them get into the game. Happy with the win, but I can't erase that poor effort against the Dragons just yet. If we put the Broncos away next week as convincingly as this then I will start to believe we are getting some consistency of performance and are genuine top 8.

Ideally we go into the first bye at 7 and 4 and pushing for a top 4 spot, but if we lose the next two then we are back in the pack and no more convincing.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
Hard to get a real form line on that type of game. Souths were pretty ordinary, but maybe that was because we never let them get into the game. Happy with the win, but I can't erase that poor effort against the Dragons just yet. If we put the Broncos away next week as convincingly as this then I will start to believe we are getting some consistency of performance and are genuine top 8.

Ideally we go into the first bye at 7 and 4 and pushing for a top 4 spot, but if we lose the next two then we are back in the pack and no more convincing.
'
Sorry C&C you must be kidding, not convinced by that performance, were you also withholding judgment on 40-nil? lol

That was a crunch game for Manly, we got flogged by Souths recently and ... well ... put it this way, I am convinced.

We are contenders and the problem now is grand final, not the top 8.

OK
So we had a lot of very unsettled supporters throwing all manner of criticism at the club, coaching staff & the players. All very forgivable, considering we are all passionate fans.
However, after round 10, we will be well inside the 8 and have beaten several of the premiership favorites and driven a couple of others to the wire.
Look, I really love the passion, but would some of the fans who post on here give consideration to their bullish comments that;
  • Barrett cannot coach (and is useless and doesn't understand the Manly culture)
  • Bozo (Bob Fulton) is a relic of the past, a trouble maker and out of his depth in the modern age. Get rid off him
  • Our squad is hopeless
  • Green is useless, cannot play, just a reject from Pommy league, journeyman....
  • DCE is not captain material, cannot lead or make a decisive input to the side (10 million dallar white elaphant) who will never repay
  • Walker is all hype, childish, sooky...not a true champion like beaver and tooves
  • Uate is finished (what the hell are the coaching staff thinking getting this washed up reject to a great club like Manly)
  • BJ should retire, he is &%$#ed and too old
  • Nate (Mr Plodd) is finished, a waste of money and a detriment to the club
  • Winterstein....useless, too old
  • Siro, useless. Why did we buy this reject.
  • Oh you liked the Turbo's...by God they are unbelievable. Never be as good as Snake and Gift (OMG that's a beauty)
  • Lewis Brown, OK you got me there but he has been "solid"
I could go on, but I understand we are all supporters wanting success. It doesn't make a season, and we made a few mistakes and silly errors. But by God, we do have a football side to cheer, support and go crazy about. Let's celebrate and enjoy the ups and downs of the season, because we are IN IT!!!!
  • Oh, and API looks OK to me! (but Hastings is a ****ing GUN in waiting)

Hey Wombat, normally like your posts and normally a supporter. Got to call you on this one. Provide the evidence please. Agree on the Brown thing and I would say I think Hastings is a really a great replica of Matt Ballin. Rest at best is an over exaggeration. I think you drank too may beers in celebration of this GREAT win tonight! Like I did! What a great win! Had a sly $50 on a 13+ win! Oh what a feeling!

Personally love the constant talk and defensive efforts that are not only allowing these brilliant tries, but increasing the teams energy in attack and defence - it is evident this is a team on the rise and the journey should keep Manly fans positive....I'm stoked with the form and enjoying the ride.
There was one point during the Rabbit's run of penalties where DCE came back after his chat with the refs and Green was already talking the team into keeping their defence up. Not one player was left out of the huddle. You could see the team lift with each penalty the refs gave them. The "us against them" mentality is back. This team now know what it means to be the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles. It's been a while since I could say that about this club and its players.

Hey Wombat, normally like your posts and normally a supporter. Got to call you on this one. Provide the evidence please. Agree on the Brown thing and I would say I think Hastings is a really a great replica of Matt Ballin. Rest at best is an over exaggeration. I think you drank too may beers in celebration of this GREAT win tonight! Like I did! What a great win! Had a sly $50 on a 13+ win! Oh what a feeling!
Agree, a win doesn't make a season. But the signs were very very good

I think we just get impatient at times as supporters and want success right away but the reality is that it takes a great deal of time to build a genuine football side and Barrett has done a great job in a short space of time to get us playing the way we are.

I think we just get impatient at times as supporters and want success right away but the reality is that it takes a great deal of time to build a genuine football side and Barrett has done a great job in a short space of time to get us playing the way we are.
Agreed. Look at Penrith - took them more than 5 years to get to where they were last year and they've gone back to the bottom this year. Let's hope the players keep playing for each other and turning up each week like they have. I have faith in Baz to keep them going.

Hey mate, we're all happy to be wrong and eat our words. I'll admit I've been wrong, but even tonight I struggled to see Sironen or Winterstein do a lot. I think back row is our biggest weakness. Our backline is our biggest strength. And Api still can't pass.
I watched cows play tonight and it is the same all over the NRL,apart from a handful of edge backrowers there are not many who have a high workrate in attack,Cooper who was captain and SOO for QLD had 6 hitups in 80 mins,going off tv stats.Whether people like it or not edge backrowers in todays game do more defence than attack and a handful with a big motor are worth huge dollars,but there are not a lot.Cordner,Frizzell,Mau,Hess,Hariwara Naera and even Gillett who I don't think is worth 650K but is playing better this year are probably pick of the bunch.I don't include small backrowers like Jackson who work hard but get stopped at point of impact and get forced backwards.....I think our backrow are doing pretty well and allow our big guys up front to do their job.And just quietly,please stop any talk if it is still going on about moving Taupau to backrow,leave him the hell alone.

I love riding the wave of being a Manly supporter and lets face it not every game is going to be as brilliant or as well orchestrated as tonight. I like to think there's room for both positive and negative comments as long as they're well thought out respectful.

I watched cows play tonight and it is the same all over the NRL,apart from a handful of edge backrowers there are not many who have a high workrate in attack,Cooper who was captain and SOO for QLD had 6 hitups in 80 mins,going off tv stats.Whether people like it or not edge backrowers in todays game do more defence than attack and a handful with a big motor are worth huge dollars,but there are not a lot.Cordner,Frizzell,Mau,Hess,Hariwara Naera and even Gillett who I don't think is worth 650K but is playing better this year are probably pick of the bunch.I don't include small backrowers like Jackson who work hard but get stopped at point of impact and get forced backwards.....I think our backrow are doing pretty well and allow our big guys up front to do their job.And just quietly,please stop any talk if it is still going on about moving Taupau to backrow,leave him the hell alone.
Brilliant!

I love riding the wave of being a Manly supporter and lets face it not every game is going to be as brilliant or as well orchestrated as tonight. I like to think there's room for both positive and negative comments as long as they're well thought out respectful.
How long have you been in Alstonville mate?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4