a few very obvious points

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Susan. You were watching another game last night. It was Brutal plain and simple. The hits on Foran alone justify the use of that "B" word.
On another more important point - as I pointed out in Cf2's good/bad/ugly report - why didn't any of our players, especially lazy T Rex step up and whack Tagatese? I'm sure he decked Foran 4 times and each one was (ooops its the "B" word again ) brutal. T Rex needs to help his fellow players out when they're getting hammered.

bazeagle said:
Susan. You were watching another game last night. It was Brutal plain and simple. The hits on Foran alone justify the use of that "B" word.
On another more important point - as I pointed out in Cf2's good/bad/ugly report - why didn't any of our players, especially lazy T Rex step up and whack Tagatese? I'm sure he decked Foran 4 times and each one was (ooops its the "B" word again ) brutal. T Rex needs to help his fellow players out when they're getting hammered.

Was waiting for a square up on Tagatese also - not just T Rex tho - all prob could have whacked him a bit harder. Did enjoy Matai shot on Minichello last set that lost there momentem & field position for that lottery bomb. Titans would have bustled most out of 2 points with that aggressive display.

susan said:
Any win away in this comp is good news but there were a few things that were obvious watching the game live.

1.Our go forward was ordinary.Not sure if we can fix this.Kite was average and the bench were no better.We may simply have to rely on attacking brilliance to overcome this.It will not be a strength this year.

2.Glen is running sideways far too much.I thought it may have been exagerated by the TV for the past few games but that is not the case.He stifled our right side badly tonight and I can see why he didnt get an origin spot.Love him but he has to get squarer in attack.

3.Tony Williams should be hunted..I thought last week he gets a spot on our average bench but looking at it live No! he has to go.The bench is our real weakness together with the prop rotation.

4.Robbo is a super winger.Does absolutely everything right.

Overall happy as Larry to get the 2 points but we need to improve greatly to challenge the goons.Having said that 16 points going in to the Brisabne game is great .Well done boys.

by the way the Gold Coast were absolutely awful.I know that doesnt reflect well on us but they are definite spoon material.They had nothing!!!

Going into the bye, tired, the Broncos were flogged by a very ordinary side, we won ugly. We were miles from our best last night but still ground out a win. Admirable in the circumstances.

Perhaps I've read it wrong DSM5 - it seemed like you were saying if we lose those 3 upcoming games Manly fans won't be so forgiving etc - with my point being that we haven't even played them yet so let's see what happens cos we might even win them!

Back to last night, if it was that flat at the ground (and hey I've no reason to doubt you Susan I was at Brookie with the 6000 others the previous wet Monday) then it just goes to show how good a tv sport it is where it seemed bloody exciting and tense for the full 80 minutes.

Think we're all tired today. I know I made 48 tackles last night just standing in front of the tv.

Just had another look at the papers and this was the opening words in the Telegraph:

A COURAGEOUS Kieran Foran was repeatedly pounded into the turf but survived to inspire the Sea Eagles to a gritty victory last night. The Manly five-eighth doubled as a tackling bag for rampaging Gold Coast forward Sam Tagataese and was flung backwards on more than one occasion. But the Kiwi international kept his composure to direct Manly around Skilled Park and set up a 16-10 victory, which allowed coach Des Hasler's men to slip back into the top four ahead of the bye. "He'll need two weeks off [after that]," Hasler said of Foran.

Does that sound like a non brutal game?!

Sure we weren't our 40-0 best - but we won a gutsy match - that'll do me nicely.

Daniel said:
Rex said:
1. The score on the RHS of the screen is the wrong score.
2. The live odds quoted on the RHS of the screen are not the live odds.
3. The next game listed on the RHS of the screen is not the next game.
4. This thread is for listing a few very obvious points.

Jeez go easy.
I get the feeds for live odds every 15 minutes so they are as live as the feed from sportingbet provide.
- Live score. feed comes from an official source, but for some reason the timing goes wrong on Mondays and doesn;t update. I have to manually do it, and well I worked 14 hours behind the PC yesterday and didn't feel like making the final changes.

I was easy Dan. Didn't actually have any negative emotion attached, wasn't criticism (you do a great job and it's very much appreciated), was feedback in response to your request for feedback. You'd previously asked for feedback on whether these links were updating promptly from your external site. I now get it that you're no longer looking for that feedback.

Apart from that what I posted was just a play on the title of the thread, and I looked for three obvious points to report, and there they were on the screen in front of me.

Reading what I wrote, I can see how it must have seemed to you.

Cheers,

cf2, I still don't understand any of your response. I didn't mention any of the three games to come. You must have me mixed up with another poster.

I was there, a win is a win and we got the two points however Susan is right, we'll need to lift into another gear to beat a full strength Donkeys / Dragqueens / Drizzle side.....we are sitting 3rd on F & A and that's probably about right I'd say we are about 4th if comparing to the other sides BUT we know Des...he prepares sides perfectly for assaults on titles and 2011 is no different

****, I'm easily pleased. I thought G Stewart was awesome. I thought Kite was great. I thought it was a really tough, solid win, and a full team effort.

Just on the Titans. I dont think they are that bad. They have some attacking problems that need sorting out but nothing terminal.

I'll make a prediction right now. Watch for the Titans and the Roosters to start making their way back up the ladder over the coming weeks.

I'm tipping they'll both make the 8 come seasons end.

Ryan said:
s**t, I'm easily pleased. I thought G Stewart was awesome. I thought Kite was great. I thought it was a really tough, solid win, and a full team effort.

typical banker only concerned about the bottom line had we of lost you would of been carving them all mate :D:p

clontaago said:
Just on the Titans. I dont think they are that bad. They have some attacking problems that need sorting out but nothing terminal.

I'll make a prediction right now. Watch for the Titans and the Roosters to start making their way back up the ladder over the coming weeks.

Lets put 20 on this. I say the tits cant make it - they have 7 of their next 10 away from home and need to win 9 from 14 to make the 8.

I agree they aren't as bad as they say they are.

You might be right about the rorters though. It all depends on whether John Ibrahim starts serving mocktails.

The Gronk said:
clontaago said:

Lets put 20 on this. I say the tits cant make it - they have 7 of their next 10 away from home and need to win 9 from 14 to make the 8.

I agree they aren't as bad as they say they are.

You might be right about the rorters though. It all depends on whether John Ibrahim starts serving mocktails.
The 7 away games are against the dishlickers, St Merge, Souffs, Warriors, donkeys, the druggos and Cronulla. They will lose at least 5 of those and be mathematically gone.

clontaago said:

To me, they are desperately missing Matt Rogers.

Jethro said:
clontaago said:

To me, they are desperately missing Matt Rogers.

Spot on Jethro. They are also missing some forward power. Bailey is old school.

It was a tough game on the road. A watched a lot of players, not just Foran, take it to the line and get smashed. Titans were a desperate team and I thought they were giving it everything. Im sure the goal was just make sure of the win before the bye. Im sure Dessie will have them set to get on a real roll from the Suncorp match onwards and I cant wait to get up to QLD for it.

How good was it to see Matai's legs pumping those fifteen metres to the line. Hes looking strong this year.

Gold Coast are missing Friend. And given he was not on big money for them I fail to see how they are fitting their spending spree for 2012 under the cap.

susan said:
by the way the Gold Coast were absolutely awful.I know that doesnt reflect well on us but they are definite spoon material.They had nothing!!!

They had aggressiton - we were worked over most of the game.
That was about all they had but it nearly won them the match.

:twitch:

One of the bad habits with our over-rated go forward for many seasons is the continued drifting sideways hitups---opening every hitup to a 45degree dominant tackle on their blindside "Kite, Watmough, Stewart". (take note of the run in the second half where Stewart loses the ball.)

For an ageing forward Joe Galuvao seems to be the only one at present trying to straighten up our go forward on a consistent basis powering through the line with good leg drive. King at times has his good moments let down with low body strength but in general our forward pack needs serious looking at .

I dont like the size characteristics in our forward pack needs to be streamlined a little more----too much old school gut in some players and it shows at critical times.

When things go our way we maintain good intensity but some of our forwards get fatigued in short bursts against us with bad tackle techniques cropping up (G.Stewart for example love is work but like Hindmarsh i feel the workrate is not balanced in the right manner and gets caught out when it counts in attack and defence)

All this talk about props, back rowers and front rowers(in relation to physical look) in this day and age is a waste of time--- Prototype front row forwards of 6ft something 105kgs with good skin fold levels is your baseline with a few extremes either side that can all probably run the 100 in 12.5-13sec---i guess its more a case of having front rowers and back rowers and your prop now really is bundled in with your front rowers.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4