a few very obvious points

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Any win away in this comp is good news but there were a few things that were obvious watching the game live.

1.Our go forward was ordinary.Not sure if we can fix this.Kite was average and the bench were no better.We may simply have to rely on attacking brilliance to overcome this.It will not be a strength this year.

2.Glen is running sideways far too much.I thought it may have been exagerated by the TV for the past few games but that is not the case.He stifled our right side badly tonight and I can see why he didnt get an origin spot.Love him but he has to get squarer in attack.

3.Tony Williams should be hunted..I thought last week he gets a spot on our average bench but looking at it live No! he has to go.The bench is our real weakness together with the prop rotation.

4.Robbo is a super winger.Does absolutely everything right.

Overall happy as Larry to get the 2 points but we need to improve greatly to challenge the goons.Having said that 16 points going in to the Brisabne game is great .Well done boys.

by the way the Gold Coast were absolutely awful.I know that doesnt reflect well on us but they are definite spoon material.They had nothing!!!

Good points sue.

I agree on the forwards. Pretty lack-lustre the whole night. The Goldie's forwards, especially off the bench, are huge and they stopped our go forward.

Glenn has had some terrific games this year with a phenominal work rate. But I agree, he has cramped attacking opportunities out wide by always drifting too far out. Not just this game, most of them. He looked like he lost it last night, maybe trying so hard to show that he shouldn't have missed out on SOO but little was coming off for him. He was probably playing injured.

I was amazed at what Hoppa can do. He is such a gifted athlete and I can't believe he is turning his back on the game.

DCE is improving at a tremendous rate. The kicks in play that he got on the wrong side of the line are coming good. I like his ability to read that the play has broken down and will constantly go into the opposition forwards rather than taking a soft option and push a pass.

Titans were a bit like us with just too many errors. Fortunately they were probably worse and we got to keep the points.

1. The score on the RHS of the screen is the wrong score.
2. The live odds quoted on the RHS of the screen are not the live odds.
3. The next game listed on the RHS of the screen is not the next game.
4. This thread is for listing a few very obvious points.

Susan you seem to ignore the facts that:
- we have bashed ourselves and the opposition to pieces for 10 rds
- we have won 7 of those 10
- of the 3 losses we played pretty well against Melb in rd 1, we were desperately unlucky not to force golden pt extra time v Souths losing by 2 pts, and we were robbed against the Cows also losing by just 2 points
- the forwards are battered after smashing their opposition every week
- Foran is a walking wreck and is being smashed but gets up off the floor time and again
- King has missed a few games
- Kite is obv 3 years well past his best but he still puts in every week (28 tackles last night thanks)
- Ballin is playing a brutal 80 minutes every week (are any other teams doing that?)
- our biggest weapon Brett has basically not been there (3 tries on one leg last week proves how much he means)
- we're sitting in 3rd place on 14 points with the bye putting us on 16

But you want to criticise us cos it's not good enough???

What would you have expected? Undefeated? Beating everyone 40-0?
Saints are getting accolades from everywhere but have you seen their grinding play? ie v Dogs on Fri night 15-10.

Rex said:
1. The score on the RHS of the screen is the wrong score.
2. The live odds quoted on the RHS of the screen are not the live odds.
3. The next game listed on the RHS of the screen is not the next game.
4. This thread is for listing a few very obvious points.

Jeez go easy.
I get the feeds for live odds every 15 minutes so they are as live as the feed from sportingbet provide.
- Live score. feed comes from an official source, but for some reason the timing goes wrong on Mondays and doesn;t update. I have to manually do it, and well I worked 14 hours behind the PC yesterday and didn't feel like making the final changes.

hey rex, the internet is a big place, this place aint perfect but its a damn sight closer than most.

we'll look forward to your website soon shall we??

It was a frustrating game, Manly should have put more on them but I'm very happy with the win. I think there was a specific game plan to keep attacking around the ruck, Kite and Robinson both kept stepping back towards the markers and only made a couple of metres each time???

Yes Susan, you're being a tad negative. It was a grinding game, Monday night, with a small crowd. The boys are obviously in need a a break and it showed. They did enough to get the win. Des realizes the need to straighten the attack as he mentioned it in the post game conference. We can't always win, and when we lost this year it was only marginal. This was a game the Tits had to win actually, and they couldn't get past us, tired and all. The two weeks break will do us good. Freshen up for the rest of the slog.

I actually thought the lack lustre win was a good result. A win is a win, 2 points is always good, but manly played like they laways new they would win, did as little as they had to and got the points

At this time of the year, there confidence in themselves, there position on the table and knowing they are yet to peak, it looks good

While manly didnt play that well, it was one of those games i never thought we were going to lose when watching it. Thats a good place to be regardless of the scoreline or the opposition

cf2 read the last line you clown.how is that negative.

3 things

1.i was on here before round 1 saying we would be top 4 while many were predicting mediocrity.10 gf winners in a side means something.

2 i said we had to improve to beat the goons.that is pretty damn obvious.no other sides were mentioned.

3.our go forward is not good but we have a lot of positives elsewhere.pretty damn obvious.

This was the most important game of the season.

PS CW will be rendered mute following this thread taking all of his captain obvious ammo!

Unfortunately the team did not play perfect but won a game most would have lost. The attack was stifled with the Titans continually slowing down the ruck area, a major reason the attack went sideways. The game showed many positives though including grit, pride & self belief -lacking in recent seasons - will add fitness to that list.

one further point CF2 after I read your good,bad...report.I was at the game.it was not brutal except for a couple of big hits.it was a flat ordinary game with little atmosphere from a crowd that was nearer 7k than the bull**** 14k they posted..

i think from our side that is easy to explain and des mentioned it...2 monday night games in a row waiting around and travelling.we have played and will play a lot better.as i said in the lead up-to get the 2 points would be a good effort as it was a line ball game.we played ugly and won and good sides do that.

from their side they are a very,very ordinary football team with a bit of ticker and nothing else.on a monday night at home that ticker can sometimes get the job done.not this time.

DSM5 said:
Yes Susan, you're being a tad negative. It was a grinding game, Monday night, with a small crowd. The boys are obviously in need a a break and it showed. They did enough to get the win. Des realizes the need to straighten the attack as he mentioned it in the post game conference. We can't always win, and when we lost this year it was only marginal. This was a game the Tits had to win actually, and they couldn't get past us, tired and all. The two weeks break will do us good. Freshen up for the rest of the slog.

I don't know, i think Susan is spot on. If we lose to the Donkeys, Dogs and Stgeorge i bet people on here wont be so forgiving of a bad game like tonight when we lose. We were very lucky to win with the bounce of the ball and the penalties going our way we should have put them away. The positive is we have lots of improvement left in us but we said this last year as well and never really reached our potential.

Susan

Firstly, perhaps I was a tad "jumpy" at you. Apologies. I just thought it was an incredibly gutsy effort that warranted no criticism of our forwards who've battled through 10 tough rounds. I'm also sensitive to the many forum people here somehow expecting more than 7/10 exc wins.

Secondly, I defer to anyone being at the game and wish I could have been up there, but the fact you claim it wasn't brutal really surprises me, and I'd be very confident a lot of others too. Glenn, Choc, Matai, Robbo, Hoppa, all took big hits and were down on the haunches at varying stages, plus everyone could see the huge hits puts on the battered warrior Foran. Ballin again played the full 80 and made another 42 tackles, and we looked out on our feet yet despite that refused to lie down and still won.

Perhaps brutal is not the right word, but if that wasn't at the very least a very tough game then I must be a bad judge.

Last of all, whether you agree with me or not (and that's what a forum is about) calling fellow supporters a "clown" is hardly necessary.

Gee DSM5 - why don't we assess terrible losses to the Dogs, Cowboys and Saints AFTER they happen?

Maybe we might even win a couple of them.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4