A disgrace to the jersey the club and the fans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is great, one of my favourite post-match pastimes!
If anyone has access to a replay (possibly requires the internet ... oh yeah, some of you should have that) @:D I'd appreciate being reminded of which of the 7 Eels tries were DCE's fault.
I'd look it up myself but would prefer not to have to rewatch that game
If you can't see it.. then I don't know what your watching. He constantly runs in or rushes out of the line leaving space.. forcing the Koula and Tippy in due to the overlap. Doesn't have to miss the actual tackle to be at fault.

Definitely not surprised we lost after last week’s debacle, was surprised how quickly the team clocked off in the last 25 minutes when they were a good chance of winning still.

Hopefully the attitude and effort change next week, Des has a tough task in front of him.
I doubt it , they’ll know that their season is done and with so many leaving it’ll just be turning up for the pay cheque now.

We might win next week but I doubt we’ll win the others.

Let’s all admit one thing , last nights loss was a team effort.

Oh sure you can blame a few individuals for more things than others but blaming the loss on , Harper , Garrick & DCE in isolation isn’t really fair.

As a team we weren’t good enough last night , as a team the Eels performed ( as they should considering where they sit on the ladder ) better than us.

Honestly , no I mean really honestly , was anyone surprised by the loss ???

Yeah I thought we could win , but the loss wasn’t a surprise !!
Another observation I can put in is that weee Manly weee gassed in the second half. Parra are a good team that put a lot of moves in attack and Manly could not hack it any more.

I note also the incredible effort Manly put in against the Roosters last week really comtributed to this collaps. Jake and DCE looked particularly wrecked from that game trying their guts out, and DCE has had no rest since origin and playing on short rest for a lot of games after that. I reckon he is physically spent.

Manly really mastered a self sabotage this year. It’s sad. We really have to send out Foz as a Manly hero his last two seasons have been nothing short of inspirational. Pity it’s wasted thanks to others in his own team.

NYEagle

Of course not.
Although it could have been @jbb/james ! @:D
his kicking was top shelf blase last week. he jut didnt extend himself whatsoever. Parra players would have needed a sniper rifle to get to him as a kicker on most occasions.
sure a few had the funk on them but he is the man, and our kicking game just lacks danger, opportunities or any team plan. which in turn leads us to game awareness or nrl awareness of which we have little

so either jersey gate is simmering about to explode and thats a possibility, or he is big game myth, that we have to cut free or we have reached our ceiling as long as he us the dominant half at manly.

DCE NEEDS,has been the cries of yesteryear but 2022 croker, lawnton, foran, tommy , garrick, walker, jake have all supplied a steady platform .
with oku and koula outside,.they are pretty good

then it was the forwards because everyone else was firing ironicly without the forwards, then the forwards lifted led by aioli, harper changes sides and is killing it.

he is not responsible for the whole team but he is responsible for setting the standard in application, teamwork, focus, team direction and he always flinches first because he overplays his hand. Thats the standard that manly fans hate on if its not DCE

if keppie isnt the young forwards version of dce with his champagne attitude to possession, then call me charlie. They both do some stupid **** when cornered with the ball, and there catch and release system look from the same textbook

He'll kick a field goal soon and the world will return to normal.

Is it just me, or does he seem determined to learn how to kick a floater bomb during game time. He's been trying them for the last 2 weeks without much success. I think he may have got one right on Friday. In general his bombs have been too deep and uncontested for a while now. His kick for Koula was a nice one though bringing the uncertainty of the upright into play

Back to Manly, I thought the Harper no try the turning point, but truth be known you need some backbone and resilience and ANY Top 6 side would have finished Eels off from there.
Some of those defensive lapses and pathetic tackle attempts were so poor considering the importance of this game....in fact ANY game
The backbone and resilience needed to finish off any top 8 sides was a challenge that we could not overcome all year . We need an Injection of robust players to get us into gear next year .

The same players can take you so far

Although the young and inexperienced ones have room for improvement

As for the others there is no room for them in our cap

The backbone and resilience needed to finish off any top 8 sides was a challenge that we could not overcome all year . We need an Injection of robust players to get us into gear next year .

The same players can take you so far

Although the young and inexperienced ones have room for improvement

As for the others there is no room for them in our cap

gone are the days of watmough and co

gone are the days of watmough and co
Great Players come and go feathered friend

and our Legendary club will be made Great once again

with the addition of Great players

We never forget our clubs Benchmark of excellence

We will Remember

We will Rebuild

and we will Return

Stronger than ever

1659913429244.png

I say let the Dolphins take Dce off our hands and grab Jock Madden for a third of the price.
Maybe with some of the savings on Dce & Marty off the books we can buy a angry forward leader.
Spine consisting of -
Turbo
Schuster
Madden
(A innocent & fit) Fainu.
Jake our new Captain ,time for a change ,Im happy to start off again with a fresh new look team.
Lets be honest -Dce isnt taking us anywhere .

I see it this way

If DCE played with a more Dominant Manly pack he would be a Different player
I think a lot of manlys forwards might go better behind a consistently dominant half, who developed a kicking game that allowed our big men more respite, better field position, and less defensive pressure.

it works both ways . They work off eachother . What we need is for the halves to have there house in order, so they can demand better, but they are in no position to expect one thing , and then deliver something else. Sorry foz

its not just about trying hard

I think the Rainbow 7 will all ask for releases after round 25.

Most will head to Wayne The Man Managers Flippers.

I bet the wheels for this were turning last week.

I think the Rainbow 7 will all ask for releases after round 25.

Most will head to Wayne The Man Managers Flippers.

I bet the wheels for this were turning last week.
Its the only logical team a group, all managed by the same dude, could land. My hope is that if we lose ailoi, koula and oka, we shaft the rest of them. we dont want to lose the talent, keep the chaff and the manager of malcontent.bad bad deal as i currently suggest we have most of these players on deals a bit under there current worth and was a des strategy in cap management, staggering a group of deals clustered.

Definitely not surprised we lost after last week’s debacle, was surprised how quickly the team clocked off in the last 25 minutes when they were a good chance of winning still.

Hopefully the attitude and effort change next week, Des has a tough task in front of him.
Don't know if clocked off is the right term.

What seems to be forgotten here is that we started the match with only ONE prop on the bench, yes one!
Walker, Marty, Ben T and Bullemor was the bench.

Paseka came off after 20 mins and never came back.
It stands to reason when Parra brought back Paulo and RCG midway through the second half and the game was in the balance that it shifted their way suddenly.

Guac went off also ( but to be fair he was MIA mostly anyway )and Bullemor took his spot in the line, he looked alright in attack but was average in defence, same as Ben T when he filled in for Koula's HIA.
How many of their tries came through there?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4