A different kind of disappointment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
4-13 against us in penalties and 6 agains. It was completely manipulated rubbish refereeing. If Seibold had any balls he'd be blowing up over that exhibition of organized game manipulation. It started as soon as we got the lead. The NRL is just a complete farce joke.
We won the penalties 7-1

Mid July and were finished again mate. Fuk me this is just depressing.

EPL starts up again soon mate - same as NHL. Crickets on too (beating the poms always puts a smile on my dial). But yeah, I literally last 10-15 minutes per game these says watching us mate. The problem with that is I'm not getting a true picture now of how good or bad we are. I just see us starting to capitulate, and don't see the point.

No stokholm syndrome for me. Easier to just turn it off and do something enjoyable.

EPL starts up again soon mate - same as NHL. Crickets on too (beating the poms always puts a smile on my dial). But yeah, I literally last 10-15 minutes per game these says watching us mate. The problem with that is I'm not getting a true picture now of how good or bad we are. I just see us starting to capitulate, and don't see the point.

No stokholm syndrome for me. Easier to just turn it off and do something enjoyable.
I can't turn off. I've been at it for 50 years now and nothing else satisfies that need to see a Manly win. I just can't get it anywhere else.

Can’t blame the ref for the set restarts because the Cows were clearly winning the ruck. If you run hard, find your front and try and get up quickly, you’re bound to get a call go your way. Manly’s yardage was much slower by comparison.

We did well and were courageous to hang on against a team that were doing everything quicker than us. That’s not on the referee sadly.

I can't turn off. I've been at it for 50 years now and nothing else satisfies that need to see a Manly win. I just can't get it anywhere else.

If you have IQ5 , just rewatch the wins :) haha.

The issue I have with my strategy though, is I only get to then watch 20 something percent of all our games over the past 1.5 years (because we are losing 75 odd % of the time) - actual stat over our last 24 games.

Our current team is built around turbo - when he does not play it is clear we do not have enough threat on the park

That is the decision that was taken and why we are one chipped toe nail away at all times from being an outsider

Can’t blame the ref for the set restarts because the Cows were clearly winning the ruck. If you run hard, find your front and try and get up quickly, you’re bound to get a call go your way. Manly’s yardage was much slower by comparison.

We did well and were courageous to hang on against a team that were doing everything quicker than us. That’s not on the referee sadly.
You can't blame the ref for awarding set restarts but there were at least 3 occasions where if he's using the same criteria then we should have got them too. However, this isn't the reason we lost. We just didn't have enough ideas to cross their line from good field position. We relied on a crossfield kick to a corner and if it didn't work then plan B was to have no idea what to do.

@mickqld @HK_Eagle is correct that stat is accurate.

Another fun fact we made 11 errors and they made 14 go figure!
I too didn’t believe the penalty count. Apologies to @HK_Eagle. I went and had a look at the stats, and our stats are pretty bloody good tbh. Surprisingly we had the quicker play the ball speed, our kick metres were nearly double theirs. The one area we got flogged in was dummy passes 35-7 (and tbth, I didn’t even know that was a thing!). I was expecting the stats to be all the Cows way. Thank god the penalties weren’t 7-1 to them.

The 'Boys were too fast, too disciplined and were simply better on the night. I thought we tried hard, but my admiration of The Shoe is really starting to wane. He simply doesn't get involved, rarely has a run and looks too slow to be playing 5/8. DCE tried to rally the team and there were times when he received the ball in every play of a set.
Koala always looks dangerous but rarely makes a clean break and hardly ever scores. I thought he looked more dangerous when he was forced to play fullback for a stretch.
Woods, Kelma Sippers are not that good, but I did think Al had a crack and was strong. We don't have enough mobility in the pack. Bully is an exception, as is Burbo in the rare times he is not injured. Adding Lodge is just adding another laborious forward.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8