A credit to the fitness department

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but Pete and I were both shocked when during the game, with about 15 mins left the Eagles had only made 5 interchanges. This is a huge credit to the fitness of our blokes and the conditioners/trainers.

Each year we get the off season tripe about "training the house down" and the team is fittest ever" but yes, i saw the low interchange. Quite amazing really. Obviously influenced in a small way by Haldens bench spot.

it could be better balanced but im sure we will find king and kite spend close to 60 minutes each on the field

yeah, and like last year we will have a core of 6 forwards carrying too much load because of the bench passengers - and they will wear out come July/August.

seemed to work for Kite though, thats when he really got going.

Maybe thats Dessies plan?

Surely Afamsanga could be on the bench - or Willow? Use Willow as the utility:- i.e.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Jamie Lyon
04. Steven Bell
05. Chris Hicks
06. Travis Burns
07. Michael Monaghan
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Jack Afamsanga
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Luke Williamson
15. George Rose
16. Mark Bryant
17. Glenn Hall

I just don't understand Halden playing for a combined total of 15 minutes per game? Maybe it's a blooding theory?

He is not good enough to blood.

Mate - that's pretty tough when you haven't seen him given a proper chance.
Tell me one thing he has done wrong in 1st grade so far?
We have to at least see him given a fair go. If Des is going to give him 4 minutes though....don't bother IMO

That said - a lot of people share your view of him...and I have to admit as to only seeing him 4-5 times in previous years in PL, and he was solid without being a standout.

Fair point Ryan. A few players don't look to excel in PL but become very good FG players -- I just don't think Halden is one of them. JP Cherry got a few games in 2005 I believe and this seems like the same thing... Neither good enough to make firsts, but given a go anyway.

Fair point Ryan. A few players don't look to excel in PL but become very good FG players -- I just don't think Halden is one of them. JP Cherry got a few games in 2005 I believe and this seems like the same thing... Neither good enough to make firsts, but given a go anyway.

J P Cherry - LOL
Honestly - when I first saw him run on, I thought it was an old 50 year old about to do a nudy run or something !!! :lol: :lol: I feel for the guy though. Busted his gut in PL for years, never REALLY going to get a real chance.

Your 100000% right about the comparisons though mate. J P Halden. LoL

I just don't understand Halden playing for a combined total of 15 minutes per game? Maybe it's a blooding theory?

Firstly :- "A combined total of 15 minutes per game" :lol:

Secondly :- Mata, Ballin hasn't made it yet.

I'm enjoying his progress but to say "Could afamasaga be the next Ballin" :lol: He's not yet the greatest thing to ever happen to Manly

Sorry - I meant 15 minutes total over the two games. Thanks for picking that up Nutzcraw.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4