A BIG thank you

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I guess they are not true supporters

Like it or not there are a fair section of supporters who will only go when the club is traveling okay / well. There is a reason why teams that do not perform tend to be in financial difficulties

The challenge for the club is trying to convert some of these people into long term "core" supporters....also to be fair i was there on that Monday V the raiders and it was shocking weather (plus an out of town team)

Phantar said:
Ian - do you remember the show 'UFO'? The pink wigs on the cheergirls reminded me of the girls who worked at Moonbase Alpha. I think they had purple wigs. Or the Destiny Angels in 'Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons'. Lol.

Mate you are causing a flood of dopamines in my head. I seriously love that show (sad I know): a kind of film noir-esque sci fi gerry anderson puppet show without the puppets. And yes the girls on moonbase with the wigs and the tinfoil and the rope weave outfits (or were they the goils on the sub-thing? Always on the verge of spotting a nipple; a good pastime on saturday mornings if you were about 12). I knew I'd seen those wigs somewhere before.....

I like the idea of roving ticket sellers, just for that peak period. Getting up and coming NRL players to help out would be even better. A community service that also helps the club. And would build loyalty both ways methinks.

Rex said:
I like the idea of roving ticket sellers, just for that peak period. Getting up and coming NRL players to help out would be even better. A community service that also helps the club. And would build loyalty both ways methinks.

This one is a great idea, we have actually been discussing a similar idea at Manly HQ.

The only issue I can forsee is the security risk of having people wandering around with potentially large amounts of cash.

Definately one to investigate further though.

Go Manly

Larissa

Larissa said:
Rex said:

Go Manly

Larissa

Definitely.

Ha ha. Bandwagon supporters. Now i've heard everything. Now the True supporters are putting everyone else into categories. I try an get to at least 1 hame game a year cause i live up the coast. But i never (and i mean never) miss watching regular season games or finals games. I'd be interested to know what category i fall into?

This was the most crowded I'd seen at a Monday night match. The traffic to the ground was horrendous, doubling the normal time of my trip, and I had to park much further away than normal. I have never seen a queue for tickets that long. Fortunately I am a season member.

My question:
Why does the game not start at 7.30pm like matches on Friday and Saturday night?

It is hard to get to the game at 7pm normally - and with a big crowd it is even more difficult. The extra 30 minutes would help.

Mind you, I loathe MNF. More Sunday afternoon games are what we need. The slippery evening conditions don't help the standard of play, even though it was a high quality match. Had it been on Sunday afternoon it could have been a sell-out like that at Leichhardt Oval.

Ian Martin tragic said:
Phantar said:
Ian - do you remember the show 'UFO'? The pink wigs on the cheergirls reminded me of the girls who worked at Moonbase Alpha. I think they had purple wigs. Or the Destiny Angels in 'Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons'. Lol.

Mate you are causing a flood of dopamines in my head. I seriously love that show (sad I know): a kind of film noir-esque sci fi gerry anderson puppet show without the puppets. And yes the girls on moonbase with the wigs and the tinfoil and the rope weave outfits (or were they the goils on the sub-thing? Always on the verge of spotting a nipple; a good pastime on saturday mornings if you were about 12). I knew I'd seen those wigs somewhere before.....
I remember it being shown on Saturday mornings too, some years after its original showing. Those Saturday mornings were in 1976 - a premiership season. 1976, cheerleaders in bright wigs ala UFO the other night, is this a sign? Lol.

I didn't go to the cowboys or raiders games but went on Monday but I'm far from jumping on the band wagon. I didn't go to the previous games due to other committments, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Some people have a life and family outside of football and if others want to jump on the so called band wagon who gives a rats. I thought it was great to see a good crowd on Monday.

Why do we need to turn a positive into a negative.

Fonz said:
Ha ha. Bandwagon supporters. Now i've heard everything. Now the True supporters are putting everyone else into categories. I try an get to at least 1 hame game a year cause i live up the coast. But i never (and i mean never) miss watching regular season games or finals games. I'd be interested to know what category i fall into?

IMO anyone who who wants Manly to win the premiership a true Manly fan. It doesnt matter whether you go every game or none, whether you are a member or not. Everyones circumstances are different and do not allow some people to get to a game or become a member. A bandwagon supporter is someone who follows another team, but changes to follow Manly because they are going better than their old team was.

I never said that. I never mentioned bandwagons supporters before my last post. I was just saying what I class as a bandwagon supporter and a true manly fan.
You would have to ask Jono what he thinks a bandwagon supporter is.
6000 or so more manly fans went to the game because we are winning. Winning does that. That doesn't make them bandwagon supporters (unless they have switched teams because we are winning.).

Sorry Bones it's not you. I'm just confused at the actual meaning of the term Bandwagon supporters. I wonder if Jono has considered that the crowd at the Raiders and Cowboys games may have been significantly smaller as they are out of town teams? Is it possible that the influx was due to Manly Playing Parramatta? Considering it's closer wouldn't it be more likely that their fans travelled? Jono?

Theres 1 fact i know - there are Manly supporters than theres everyone else. Theres a Funny thing i have noticed as a Seaeagle supporter & i love it. Growing up in Sydney most of my mates switched from Raiders ,Dogs ,Illawarra & whoever else was winning but myself & any other Manly supporter stuck solid & sure there was tough times & teams where a win was keeping within 20 points of the opposition but never,ever a possability of switching teams - i'd rather not follow footy which i live & breath. This is common with MOST Manly supporters & now the same after being in Qld over 10 years. Imo we would have the least "Fairweather" supporters in the game- its love us or hate us!!:D

Fonz stop applying logic to it

You turn up and you are a true supporter

If you do not you are a bandwagon

Simple really

But i thought if i had gone on monday night and not to any others i would have been a bandwagon supporter? Now i'm really confused!

Larissa said:
Rex said:

This one is a great idea, we have actually been discussing a similar idea at Manly HQ.

The only issue I can forsee is the security risk of having people wandering around with potentially large amounts of cash.

Go Manly

Larissa

Great to hear the club is always proactively looking for better ways.

With security, it may help to co-ordinate to increase ground security there at that time - that's where issues are more likely when big numbers are entering.
And maybe the roving ticket sellers should only sell to those with the exact change - to speed up sales and reduce risks - and ferry the funds to the secure stations regularly, swapping them for the next batch of tickets to sell. Maybe the ticket sellers are in pairs too, one collecting cash and the other handing out the tickets.

People on here complain that we dont get big enough crowds, then they turn up and are accused of being bandwagon jumpers.

I actually think they are people with more things going on in their lives than just watching the eagles.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2