75 Years and First Wooden Spoon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Unless something is done, Manly will get their first wooden spoon in their 75 year history.

it’s only round 3. Get out and buy now. Quit on this bunch before it is too late.

Please. They are pathetic.

NYEagle

Well, we’ve made it through 74 seasons without winning the Spoon, with the way the team’s playing so far this season, IMHO, this’ll be our year, our first Spoon, oh joy.

I have never seen such an abysmal Manly side. So far this season we're averaging 36.6 points against per game, and last week would've been a lot worse if not for the weather. Tonight we had, what, like 50+ tackles in the Dragons 20 and scored one try from a Dufty error. A miserable, miserable team with players that don't care.

Trying to find some positivity in me to argue against this...I've got nothing..

Unless something is done, Manly will get their first wooden spoon in their 75 year history.

it’s only round 3. Get out and buy now. Quit on this bunch before it is too late.

Please. They are pathetic.

NYEagle
Agree and very saddened by this truth.

seriously no one at the club looks like they care about our situation, there is no fight at all from anyone who wants to see things change.

Next week Panthers

62-4 coming

Must be starting to get to rock bottom , although that’s maybe when you go a whole season without winning a game .

We once beat the Panthers 70 - 7. Eadie. !

Think they are gonna get revenge for that and the score diff could be even bigger. Tries were 3 points then . . . .

I really think we are short another foward we were struggling to get out of our end mainly because we have no hooker but we rely on Paseka and Aloai a lot to get moving.

Marty it’s time to go always drops the ball looking for an offload when he just needs to run straight and hard

Tonight made it very clear we could have Munster and Cleary in the halves and they would do nothing with the fowards not going forward and no hooker.

In all my 52 years of following the Sea Eagles, I can remember one year when the crowd at ‘Brookie’ burst out into a chant ‘We’re going to the spoon traalaa’

I think Alan Thompson was the coach at the time.

However, the way the team is playing, this year, it’s just odd. DCE would probably be rated the worst 7 in the game after 3 rounds. I think the forwards are doting okay however

Next week Panthers

62-4 coming

Must be starting to get to rock bottom , although that’s maybe when you go a whole season without winning a game .
That is very much the scoreline we are in for next week.

I hope fatty is on channel 9 next weekend and gives the club a blast on the post game panel.

maybe it‘s the only way the club will wake to this cluster f$$$ of a start to the season, us members won’t take much more of this s$$t.

Last edited:
There is some talent in our youth...Des just needs to select them.
No, they won't lead us into the semis but they will gain experience for the future
Des isn’t the man/coach to bring on the next generation. He is stuck in 2014. The game has loved in in leaps and bounds and he has missed the bus

So many problems in our club stem from poor quality coaches and piss poor recruitment areas. They are top shelf sh*house and this is where the decisions are made. I was ridiculed by some when I said Scott Fulton is a joke of a recruitment manager - tell me who the hell as he recruited of note? I questioned Hales appointment as assistant coach after a comical stint at Workers coach and ridiculed again, funny how they have improved without him and NRL squad have gone backwards since he’s been assistant. Tell me what Monas, Snake and Randall have achieved as coaches???? Diddly fuc@ing squat!! Point is, we don’t have the brains and experience at the top to lead this club and coach the players. Good players don’t make good coaches.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8