7 pages wiped without a trace

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You know, my mother inlaw was very badly burned in an accident years ago and the scars she has on her face, neck and arms are clearly visable. I would get so pissed off when we'd be out in public and teenagers would start to giggle and smirk with their idiotic slurs that i'd find myself wanting to really go off. Although obviously uneasy, she would just ignore them and they'd go their way. Some people are just insensitive to things that don't relate directly to them.
I was really pissed off one day and was given the advice by her to "Eat a bowl of cement powder and harden up" Firing up and carrying on does little to change other peoples perceptions. Some people are just silly. It's human nature to want to protect the ones we love, but the most important thing to do is let them know you love them and support them.

AAHH GEEZ...now i've missed Oprah. Seriously though Earnie, you will never get a thickhead to change his views.

mozgrame said:
You know, my mother inlaw was very badly burned in an accident years ago and the scars she has on her face, neck and arms are clearly visable. I would get so pissed off when we'd be out in public and teenagers would start to giggle and smirk with their idiotic slurs that i'd find myself wanting to really go off. Although obviously uneasy, she would just ignore them and they'd go their way. Some people are just insensitive to things that don't relate directly to them.
I was really pissed off one day and was given the advice by her to "Eat a bowl of cement powder and harden up" Firing up and carrying on does little to change other peoples perceptions. Some people are just silly. It's human nature to want to protect the ones we love, but the most important thing to do is let them know you love them and support them.

AAHH GEEZ...now i've missed Oprah. Seriously though Earnie, you will never get a thickhead to change his views.

True mate....Oprah, now there is prospective sponsor for Manly?

She's got a bit of time on her hands now, and she's mates with Hugh Jackman. She's in the bag mate. Sign her up!!

BOOYAA!! 7 pages back. Now let's all shut up.

mozgrame said:
She's got a bit of time on her hands now, and she's mates with Hugh Jackman. She's in the bag mate. Sign her up!!

Only 3 pages for me :p

mozgrame said:

Mark of MWTS fame would be able to organise this, he could well know Ophra personally. she could be the rear of the shorts sponsor and Hugh Jackson on the front.

My attention has been drawn back to address a lingering issue. I'm not comfortable with what has transpired since my departure so I've taken time out of my day to deal with it ...

Therefore ...

Earnie the Eagle said:
So to you Captain, I think you mentioned you have children, how would you feel if they were the brunt of peoples sick sense of humour?

I'll go you one better Ernie ... my own 54yo mother HAS Cerebral Palsy herself !!! ..... pause to soak that in if you need to.

It is nothing short of a medical miracle that I am even here in the first place.

I dont care if I convince you or not, but rest assured I'm not in the habit of spending over an hour typing this response twice, for randoms on the internet I could care less about. - I am being 100% genuine !

I guess the next burning question is "Why can he allow himself to use such language considering we share similar paths ???" - The answer (however ugly it may be to you) is that I dont have the same sensitivity to the topic as you do. - My life path is different to your life path !

My family consists of blue collar battlers, who quite frankly dont take sh*t, or fools lightly. She was raised by a colourful cast of characters who refused to allow her to believe she was a victim.

As a result, she got married, had 2 kids, and lived past 50, when some family thought it'd be best to "Send her to a home" because she had "no hope or future".

She is stubborn, battles-scarred, feisty, protective and fiercely loyal. She drinks. She swears. She loves her footy. She tells people to "get f*cked" and she even calls other people the S-word !!! She doesn't see herself as disabled or a victim.

Picture this if you will : Me at 16yo, shopping with her at 35yo. She has a trolley she's wrestling with, and some teens get in her way ... she shouts "get out my f*ckin road you ******* !!!" - I'm embarrassed. The kid she shouts at is embarrassed. Then the group realises she's disabled AND called him the S-word. They all crack laughing at the one who got shouted at saying "that lady is funny" !!! - I have to go home and tell this story to people.

And that's what we love about her ... she's NUTS ! You can't take her anywhere without risking offending someone, or her shocking the pants off them ! Good lord, you should see her at the footy ... Police have spoken to her before !!!

Now .... does this make it OK for me to say what I said ?
I happen to also believe the answer is NO !
This isn't my house. I'm a guest here.

I admit ... It was and is tactless. I could have thought for 3 seconds longer and come up with something else. Sure I could try to defend it with "I'm new here" or "I dont know where the obstacles are" ... but that's pointless.

Facts are by using a euphemism, I still stepped on some toes, and offended people's sensitivities. The rules of the forum are clear "offensive posts may be deleted, and/or bans issued to users responsible". I'm OK with that. I understand it.

But Ernie ... you espcially need to understand, my path is different from your path. You dont have to like it, or agree with it. It is what it is.

That a being said ... I offer my unreserved apology to you. It was NOT my intention yesterday to come here AND offend people. I am disappointed that this has happened, and felt like I owed you an explanation.

While the term is offensive to you, it isn't to me.
You may find that difficult to understand.
Like I said ... our paths are different.

Mods made the right call deleting the thread. - Take the "semi-racist content" and "quasi offensive euphemisms" away from the issue : What happened was .... I invited myself to your place, and ran around like a idiot wearing enemy colours. I'm unfamiliar with the unspoken rules or recent history, and because I wasn't being careful enough, I stepped on some toes and made some regulars here mad for varying reasons !

Kind Regards
CK.

PS : For the benefit of a pro-active forum moving forward, please follow up this issue with me on Twitter ... dont re-hash old sh*t with mods here unless you want to troll them and risk incurring punishments.

gees looks like theres alot of tension in here lads
i go away and the love goes with me.

Oh and have the dogs sacked De$ yet

Cambo said:
gees looks like theres alot of tension in here lads
In this thread 'yes' : It's old issues that my presence here yesterday stirred up
Oh and have the dogs sacked De$ yet
Sadly for you ... No.

We could be missing a door or two though ... I bet the commute is a real b*tch !

Some valuable insights expressed by some posters above, including a few perspectives I hadn't thought of … so something positive is happening!

I hope a couple of feral comments are not added sometime later on, resulting in all this being deleted. I doubt that is likely - but if it does happen I will respect the decision of the mods (the overworked & underpaid mods) without further sniping. :angel:

Facts are by using a euphemism, I still stepped on some toes, and offended people's sensitivities. The rules of the forum are clear "offensive posts may be deleted, and/or bans issued to users responsible". I'm OK with that. I understand it.

Just remember that every time you have a glass of water, that Earnie's property is part of the Sydney Catchment and what goes into my creek flows on to Sydney.

Bulldogs will never another premiership, why do I say this? Manly will go B2B and the world ends 21 Dec 2012.

CaptainKickass said:
PS : For the benefit of a pro-active forum moving forward, please follow up this issue with me on Twitter ... dont re-hash old sh*t with mods here unless you want to troll them and risk incurring punishments.

What was that Twitter account Captain??

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Some valuable insights expressed by some posters above, including a few perspectives I hadn't thought of … so something positive is happening!

I hope a couple of feral comments are not added sometime later on, resulting in all this being deleted. I doubt that is likely - but if it does happen I will respect the decision of the mods (the overworked & underpaid mods) without further sniping. :angel:

I was tempted but I didnt say a lot in reply and kept it civil.

Don't forget Manly fans,we have "Big Al",who adores Manly,and goes to a lot (if not all) Manly games.Just remember the brave battle this guy puts up,then think about capt zero's slur!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4