7 pages wiped without a trace

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Are my eyes playing tricks?
Is this connected to the revisionist conspiracy?
What happened to the Silvertails free speech ideal?
What exactly is so subversive here?
Dan?

Simple question? How can 7 pages of generally good natured banter and comment suddenly become so dangerous and subversive that the thread is not simply closed, the entire history of it is deleted?

Same thing happened last night.

You can't have it both ways. On one hand you want to be all grown up and be advocates for free speech and then as soon as someone posts something "offensive" (however tongue in cheek or innocent) we get calls of racism and political correctness and criticism of moderators for not doing anything. I for one aren't going to waste my time sifting through every post and delete them individually (especially when the ironstine complaining quotes the offensive post so its repeated again for all to see). You want to whinge then the whole thread gets sent to the bin.

That is an absurd reaction C & C and I doubt that is in line with the tradition of this site. Or are things changing?

SER8, I think we should accept that at the moment we're in an extreme time. The moderation of the forum at the moment is a mammoth task, the biggest I have ever seen it, by some distance. I have deleted more threads and warned more posters in the last 3 weeks than I have in my entire time on Silvertails.

This is not a new direction, more a recognition that things are volatile and the mods are working overtime to keep up with it. If you're referring to the Bulldog fan thread, I can't say I went into it because I'm so jaded from reading much of the forum content recently. But even the title raised my eyebrows so I'm not surprised it's gone.

Sadly there are some posters here who seem to resemble the lowest common denominator. This may see me howled down as Mr Pot, but in the last few weeks even I've tried to tone down on the role of site troubador. There's enough trouble without me provoking it.

bob dylan said:

You have no idea how close you are. I, for one, enjoyed the entire thread. We have some really soft pussies on here who can't tell the difference between banter and obnoxious posts. Makes me ashamed. They are just too Gollum really.

I had a feeling this morning that Captain Dropkick's thread may end up being deleted...

It all seemed pretty above board last time I checked it though. What could possibly have gone wrong?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
That is an absurd reaction C & C and I doubt that is in line with the tradition of this site. Or are things changing?

Thanks for your valuable feedback. What IS absurd is the amount of stupid posts and then the amount of even more stupid reactions to those posts. It's tiresome, much like your constant sniping at the moderators. PM Dan and volunteer your services as a Mod instead of whining.

bob dylan said:

Are you saying bones deleted it? I didn't know was able to do that sort of stuff.

I thought it was established that if bones didn't like something in a thread he would just threaten to kill the person who posted it? :p

There was a couple of fairly uncalled for shots at the mods in that thread. It was actually a pretty good read, CK made some very adult responses to some pretty amusing questions, but may have dipped his toes into the warning zones but perhaps some people over reacted too.

IMHO it's better to close it down than have it degenerate into a pointless mud slinging exercise. Mores the pity that a good discussion can't be had, for various (childish) reasons.

Ahh well ... it was fun while it lasted.

Clearly I have no idea of the forums' history or sensitivities, so I apologise for stepping on the mods egg-shells.

I was a mod on TK for two years - I understand the decisions behind the deletion, regardless of it's sledgehammer-like subtlety. You can't have the good natured new guy getting away with the exact actions others have been punished for. It's off-season, and that's too much work. I'd probably throw it in the CBF pile too, and hit delete !

After all, I'm a guest. I'm not here all the time. Why should they make an exception for me ? If I care so much, I'd stick around and prove my character. You lot however are here all the time ... and they gotta deal with all of you long after I'm gone.

I promise I'll make a special visit before Rd8 next year ...

Kind Regards
CK.

PS : Feel free to stalk me on Twitter -> @_CaptainKickass

CaptainKickass said:
Ahh well ... it was fun while it lasted.

Clearly I have no idea of the forums' history or sensitivities, so I apologise for stepping on the mods egg-shells.

I was a mod on TK for two years - I understand the decisions behind the deletion, regardless of it's sledgehammer-like subtlety. You can't have the good natured new guy getting away with the exact actions others have been punished for. It's off-season, and that's too much work. I'd probably throw it in the CBF pile too, and hit delete !

After all, I'm a guest. I'm not here all the time. Why should they make an exception for me ? If I care so much, I'd stick around and prove my character. You lot however are here all the time ... and they gotta deal with all of you long after I'm gone.

I promise I'll make a special visit before Rd8 next year ...

Kind Regards
CK.

PS : Feel free to stalk me on Twitter -> @_CaptainKickass

Are you The Kennel's version of Matabele?

Stick around... It's refreshing to get honest, non-trolling and intelligent responses to balance out some of the more... Err... Militant Silvertails :)

Good discussion can only add to this board yes?

ManlyBacker said:
bob dylan said:

You have no idea how close you are. I, for one, enjoyed the entire thread. We have some really soft pussies on here who can't tell the difference between banter and obnoxious posts. Makes me ashamed. They are just too Gollum really.

Oh I know how close I am.

It was almost the same comments that seen Bones outed (boned) for 2 days.

If the comments are genuinely offensive fair enough but once the mods receive such a complaint they really have no options.

Sometimes I think its a fine line between whats reasonable and people being too delicate.

To be honest, I had no problem with what Captain Kickass said . It wasn't racist at all. But neither was what I got banned for. If captain Kickass was a manly fan I wouldn't have brought it up. However I just wanted to make my point that I still believe I was wrongly banned .....and I didn't particularly care if a Bulldogs fan got banned in the process as I don't believe they should be here anyway.

bob dylan said:
If the comments are genuinely offensive fair enough but once the mods receive such a complaint they really have no options.

Sometimes I think its a fine line between whats reasonable and people being too delicate.

There is a genuine difference between using racist tags with the intention to hurt and belittle, and as a soft joke in response to ribbing. It isn't very much but the intent is the issue I look at.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6