666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
The child has grown up , he is 31 now.
His knees are good and he is also the good goal kicker that we need . A proven Organizer at top level for only 100 grand . How much of a gamble is that?
Relying on a kid to run the show organizing and kicking in a match that has no experience at NRL level would be a bigger gamble I would think .
Shot knees = Hodko
Child = Carney

Whether he has grown up or not has yet to be proven, once a fool always a fool

Shot knees = Hodko
Child = Carney

Whether he has grown up or not has yet to be proven, once a fool always a fool
Carney has had 3 fool proof years playing in the SL.
Maybe he has grown up . Our coach who has come out saying he is interested in him seems to think so .
We will agree to disagree feathered friend

what is the concern about Hastings playing 5/8. I think the guy is amazing, great speed and can kick. Why waste all hat money when we have a replacement.
Sign Brock Lamb. Looks like a superstar in the making. He’d become the new foz outside dce.

Maybe he has grown up . Our coach who has come out saying he is interested in him seems to think so .
Maybe the media spotlight around Rugby League players in the super league is far more relaxed that here....

in fact it is no-one knows who he is over there, Time Smith kept up his antics over there and no-one heard a peep of it.

Don't get me wrong I always thought Carney was a quality player and thought we should have been in the market for him a few years ago, but unless we get him for minimum contract value then really he is just going to be pain we don't need

@Dan

Might be time to change the Amsterdam address on your profile, unless you have surprised us and are moving back again?

Thinking back...Carney tends to give excellent service to a club for about a year...then relatively poor form for a bit...then gets punted for doing something stupid. Which is ideal really, since we only need someone for a year and a bit, until our one of our 'young guns' steps up!

I am alarmed that we are considering either Carney or Hodkinson as potential solutions to filling our five-eighth position. It is hardly a vote of confidence for the options we have already and If we are going to build a winning culture, do we want to risk that for a sugar hit in relation to hiring Carney who has stuffed up big time on several occasions. I would rather Manly give Jackson Hastings a chance and also Croker and see how they go first. We urgently need back row cover, that should be our priority!!

@Dan

Might be time to change the Amsterdam address on your profile, unless you have surprised us and are moving back again?

questioning me????

giphy.gif

like buying a car within 3 days, and looking at places to live as well as trying to work isn't enough??

giphy.gif

hahahaha

Now Paul Green is saying he'd like to play Carney this year.

If we're interested can't we just get 1.
Or is Greeny just looking to increase the price.

Also if someone isn't concocting a plan to fix and improve Australia's mail and distribution systems then god help us. There is a golden opportunity here, the lack of fast delivery (next day in countries all over the world but here) and ability to know precisely when you will receive something is horrible

If Coker is training the house down and looks the goods give him a SHOT.....Save the bucks ...!!!

questioning me????

giphy.gif

like buying a car within 3 days, and looking at places to live as well as trying to work isn't enough??

giphy.gif

hahahaha

But Dan aren’t you one of those Gen Y multi functional people that can do 20 things at once??

Surely....lol

It doesn't matter who we sign,25% will like it,25% will hate it and the other 50% will not care and will wait until it is a success or failure and jump on the relevant bandwagon.....I have accurately calculated these percentages and they are spot on,but 25% may disagree.

Green was on 300 grand a year
Carny will be on 100 grand a year and is a better player than Green ever was and also can solve our goal kicking issues .
All this for 100 grand .
Also , How much better is Pearce than Carny ?
Is he 800 grand better value than Carny ?
I don't think so .
Spot on.. And Pearce was no choir boy either.

I am alarmed that we are considering either Carney or Hodkinson as potential solutions to filling our five-eighth position. It is hardly a vote of confidence for the options we have already and If we are going to build a winning culture, do we want to risk that for a sugar hit in relation to hiring Carney who has stuffed up big time on several occasions. I would rather Manly give Jackson Hastings a chance and also Croker and see how they go first. We urgently need back row cover, that should be our priority!!
I agree with giving our own players an opportunity.. But the club / TB don't think they're ready for the job by virtue of the fact they were going hard after Pearce.. Whilst they have acknowledged that they do have options within Hastings Croker Cullen etc.. They're admittedly still on the prowl..Carney would be a great short term option given his experience, skill set, kicking and budget price tag. Whether we can get him registered is another matter. But his commitment to start from the very bottom, rejecting lucrative offers o/s speaks volumes of how he has matured as a person and wants to have a final crack at the NRL. We'd be mad not to give him a chance.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8