666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.

manly al

First Grader
You are right feathered friend he has a lot to prove.
He reportedly knocked back a $1.2 million offer to join Tim Sheens’ Hull KR in favour of the Pride’s $100,000 package and the opportunity to get back in the NRL .
Looks like he does have a very strong desire and ambition to prove and show that he can still cut it at N R L level and must have been in demand and still playing well to attract that type of money in the U K . With of course cap space and a vacancy , Manly would be in an excellent position to sign him , and with Mark "s valid reference to the Matt Lodge situation at the Broncos , the N R L would find it very hard to block a Carney move to Manly if the club was definitely interested in and wanted to sign him .

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I’m getting on the #toddbandwagon now, the more I think of it the more I think it could work.

Give him 12 months with an option.

Gives the youngsters another twelve months to shine.

Could be a win/win AND he kicks goals.

How many times has Carney been sacked from previous clubs for behavioural issues? Raiders, Roosters, Sharks???
How many times has he broken team agreements to not touch alcohol??? Raiders, Roosters, Sharks???
How many times has he ended up in court or on a suspended sentence for alcohol related offences??? Five???
Why will it be any different at the Sea Eagles???
After the "bubbler" incident, Jim Doyle (Cronulla) said he "would be surprised if any club would show interest in signing him considering his chequered history and even if they did it was 'unlikely' the NRL would agree to register him"
Do we seriously think it will be any different this time around???

Very talented player who could be anything again.......But is it really worth the risk?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Carney

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
100 grand and he would be all ours , tats and all
How many times has Carney been sacked from previous clubs for behavioural issues? Raiders, Roosters, Sharks???
How many times has he broken team agreements to not touch alcohol??? Raiders, Roosters, Sharks???
How many times has he ended up in court or on a suspended sentence for alcohol related offences??? Five???
Why will it be any different at the Sea Eagles???
After the "bubbler" incident, Jim Doyle (Cronulla) said he "would be surprised if any club would show interest in signing him considering his chequered history and even if they did it was 'unlikely' the NRL would agree to register him"
Do we seriously think it will be any different this time around???

Very talented player who could be anything again.......But is it really worth the risk?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Carney
No issues in the past 3 years in the SL
He is also 31 now. How old were you when you grew up ? :)

Bencher
Carney would be perfect fit for DCE. Experienced, possibly cheap, great all round player, goal kicker, skilful, and injury free!

Luke Metcalf is a young gun, who will be in our 30 squad this year. He is contracted until 2020, so obvious succession plans to be our long term 5/8...

Hastings seems to be out of favour, if we get Carney, Hastings should be moved on.

Crocker may have a good talent, but sounds injury prone, and I would be willing to hold as depth for the moment, perhaps as a utility.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
An NRL spokesman confirmed that before Carney plays in the NRL again “any club seeking to register him would need to demonstrate that he is fit and proper to be part of the NRL”.

In light of the Lodge signing, this is truly incredible from the NRL :nerd:

So being an ugly drunk is worse than threatening to kill, home invasion and grievous bodily harm - WTFF @:mad:

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Carney’s manager David Riolo said the chances of his client moving to Brookvale before the start of the season were slim.

“I don’t think it’ll happen, mate and I haven’t heard from him (Barrett),” Riolo said.

“I’m not really sure why people are talking about it.”

Who to believe - a player manager or a journalist looking for some clicks ?? There's a credibility battle that'll go the whole 12 rounds for a split decision.

No point investing even a year in the likes of hodko and Carney won't be approved by the NRL.
Croker was bought as a contingency if we didn't get Pearce. If we have 800 - 900k I'd rather see us throw that at 2 pigs or some backrow depth
Who are these pigs you speak of lol

damiennp90

Bencher
100 grand and he would be all ours , tats and all

No issues in the past 3 years in the SL
He is also 31 now. How old were you when you grew up ? :)

Not that we know of.

But I agree.

Todd has the ability to take the team to another level.

Where Hastings is just a solid player. Plus wasn't he unhappy and being shopped around and now its hunky dory?

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Green was on 300 grand a year
Carny will be on 100 grand a year and is a better player than Green ever was and also can solve our goal kicking issues .
All this for 100 grand .
Also , How much better is Pearce than Carny ?
Is he 800 grand better value than Carny ?
I don't think so .

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Just like playing lotto with this one . You have to be in it to win it but as with lotto he seems long odds to take control and responsibility and compete with the likes of Pearce and Cronk
far better gamble than someone with shot knees or a child like trouble maker

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not sure why people think at 31 Carney could still play at NRL level. I thought he had a history of hamstring problems. He certainly has a history of playing in less intense competitions.
Worse, it would be a poor look for our club. And that is regardless of the NRL's hypocrisy about Lodge.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
far better gamble than someone with shot knees or a child like trouble maker
The child has grown up , he is 31 now.
His knees are good and he is also the good goal kicker that we need . A proven Organizer at top level for only 100 grand . How much of a gamble is that?
Relying on a kid to run the show organizing and kicking in a match that has no experience at NRL level would be a bigger gamble I would think .

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Was it Gorman who sacked Carney from a Cronulla?

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Not sure why people think at 31 Carney could still play at NRL level. I thought he had a history of hamstring problems. He certainly has a history of playing in less intense competitions.
Worse, it would be a poor look for our club. And that is regardless of the NRL's hypocrisy about Lodge.
Green is also the same age as Carny but was never as good a player as Carny and the Warriors have signed him for another 3 years on 600 grand a season .
There is nothing on record that Carny has any chronic injuries .
As some one posted they are players running around in other clubs who have criminal records and if you compare them to what Carny has done its piss weak
3383585-fountain-statue-of-little-boy-peeing-Stock-Photo.jpg

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18