666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
This kid is a serious footballer...

He is bigger, faster, stronger and more liked by his teammates than Hastings. He can also kick goals. The thing to remember is he is 20 years old and he was playing in a badly beaten side the entire year.

He has so much potential that it's ridiculous to rubbish him.

The obligatory youtube clip

It really heats up around half way when he starts taking on the line and putting backrowers into holes.
I think Hastings is bigger out the two. He is 185cm @ 95kgs, whereas Lamb chop is a migety 179cm weighs 92kgs. 5/8's are usually a bigger body.
Seriously Manly have no need for Lamb when Hastings is on par with Lamb.

So if understand this, we miss out on the SOO half to the wooden spooners and then we consider recruiting the guy in the exact same position that can't crack first grade.

Seriously. Put down the crack pipe.

What sort of message do you think this sends to the guys vying for the position ?

Dumbest idea ever.

Literal Uate of 2016 could almost repeat the exact same quote

He likely wouldn't be a long term option, unless of course he proves himself to be good again. Although he would be able to add another option as the ones we have at the moment likey aren't going to cut it or are too young. One year deal for him to fight for the spot with hastings and show us if he's still got some life, if not than we just play Hastings and let go of him at the end of the season
Personally I don't think we can make the Uate comparison because Uate was still a fine athlete that just needed a change of scenery to be a force again.

Hodkinson's problems aren't mental or a need for change, he is literally crippled from the waist down. On top of that, he was never a star in way Uate was. He has a limited skill set and is not a positive step forward for our club.

I can handle missing out on premierships if our players are simply too young and raw, because they get better and a premiership window eventually opens...signing old has beens is not a recipe for short term or long term success is just a recipe for present failure.

Personally I don't think we can make the Uate comparison because Uate was still a fine athlete that just needed a change of scenery to be a force again.

Hodkinson's problems aren't mental or a need for change, he is literally crippled from the waist down. On top of that, he was never a star in way Uate was. He has a limited skill set and is not a positive step forward for our club.

I can handle missing out on premierships if our players are simply too young and raw, because they get better and a premiership window eventually opens...signing old has beens is not a recipe for short term or long term success is just a recipe for present failure.
I can do with that as well, although personally don't view Hastings as a long-term option, so reckon that we'd just be wasting our faith by putting him there. He can prove me wrong although Hodkinson is a player who'd work well with dce if he can get back his fitness, which really wasn't too bad of an issue last season

Don't see much risk in bringing another option to manly

I think Hastings is bigger out the two. He is 185cm @ 95kgs, whereas Lamb chop is a migety 179cm weighs 92kgs. 5/8's are usually a bigger body.
Seriously Manly have no need for Lamb when Hastings is on par with Lamb.
I don't think he is on par though. I think Hastings is another hyped up NYC wonder-kid with a famous surname. He has achieved nothing of note in nearly four years. Brock Lamb started to really come into his own at the back end of last year, behind a badly beaten pack.

Hastings went backwards at a powerhouse club like the Roosters and his teammates don't particularly like playing with him...that's why he went back to NSW Cup and why he got shafted from the Chooks. He has some skill and I hope he comes good and I am happy for him to get an opportunity but I wouldn't hold your breath for success next year.

Confusing post Snake.
Are you advocating raw Lamb? Yech
Or is it even a lamb recipe?
Are you pro-Lamb or do you favour beef or maybe some vegetarian proposal?
Or do you like Zorba's idea of signing big fish??

I think ST has spoken, very few comments compared with Hastings and even with players who aren't even Manly players, or who can barely even run (Hodko). Good luck Cam, hope you have a good fall-back career option.

The more I read in this thread the more I crave Roast Lamb.

With mint sauce AND gravy!

But none of that tonight at Newton’s Circus food market, more rice, more satay, more chilli and more ****ting through the eye of a needle!

All the other far-fetched 5/8 candidates have their own thread so ...
This guy has guts aplenty, not sure about the skill level though.
24 years old, 80kg. Possibly more likely as a bench utility than as a starting 5/8.
When I've seen him play he reminds me a little of Travis Burns. I suspect we need more skill and composure from a 5/8 but he is strong in the areas Hastings is weak.
Current odds: 10 to 1

Surely you can find a few more threads, Metcalf needs one to, and Croker, bring em all up let’s get 20 of them happening!!

You know we need more

All the other far-fetched 5/8 candidates have their own thread so ...
This guy has guts aplenty, not sure about the skill level though.
24 years old, 80kg. Possibly more likely as a bench utility than as a starting 5/8.
When I've seen him play he reminds me a little of Travis Burns. I suspect we need more skill and composure from a 5/8 but he is strong in the areas Hastings is weak.
Current odds: 10 to 1
I was liking the direction of this post until you mentioned Travis Burns

I can't believe people are comparing Hodkinson's possible return to Manly with Uate joining us.

Uate was burnt out at Newcastle. His career had hit a massive road block and it was obvious all he needed was a change of scenery. It worked to the point where he regained not only a spot in the top grade but he was arguably Fiji's best player in the current World Cup.

However....the big difference is that Uate's problem was mental. His body is still up to it and while he might not be as fast as he once was, he is still plenty quick. And the move did wonders for his motivation.

Hodkinson's problem isn't a lack of motivation, its that his body is shot. I mean, he would lose a 100m foot race to Llyod Perrett for crying out loud.

The thing that worries me is that the club doesn't seem to have much faith in its current halves (other than DCE) if we keep looking to bring in someone like Pearce or Lamb or now Hodkinson. Doesn't say much for their faith in Hastings or Cullen does it.....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8