$600m for PNG to join NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The '47ers

When Eagles are silent Parrots begin to chatter
Manager: so here's your options, $800k a year living at Bondi or $1M living in PNG.
🤔

double hoops

First Grader
Was talking to a mate yesterday who worked over there a couple of years back.

Reckons for a bloke compound life is pretty good in Port. Wild but good.

But some of his stories on what a Caucasian women and children would likely experience even visiting Port was ummm, let's just say alarmingly confronting.

Eagle 1

First Grader

But some of his stories on what a Caucasian women and children would likely experience even visiting Port was ummm, let's just say alarmingly confronting.
I guess we wont be doing any Manly supporters package footy tours to PNG then.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member

I mentioned earlier my mate the pilot , he was single & said they ( the ex pats) had a great social life but any that were married , or who had kids , didn’t last long at all.

I really really cannot see the team being based there , they just won’t attract any players ( other than locals ) or maybe a couple of youngsters who might get double dollars for doing so.

The ONLY way they’ll do it , based in Cairns , 2 home games , with similar security to when the Kangaroos play up there.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member

The '47ers

When Eagles are silent Parrots begin to chatter

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Your C section comments are bang on the money. And you just know that the wrong peple will find a way to take their cut of the top.
Personally I would’ve liked to see Fiji get a go. Plenty of untapped talent. The place and people are great. But, the sticking point is the same as mentioned with the corruption. The Fijian government keep brown paper bag makers in business.

I know three blokes that have taken contracts in PNG and moved the family into the compounds. Two managed to finish their two-year contracts, by themselves. The missus and kids couldn’t stand the place, and while their marriages survived, no matter how good the money was, they both said they’d never do it again. The third bloke said the poverty over there was unbelievable. Even though the project they were working on was fenced with razor wire and plenty of security, he said it was common for him to be on the company bus and pass blokes on mopeds holding 3x3 metre pieces of plasterboard from the "secured materials yard".

I don’t really have a stand out candidate for a new license. As for the political side of things. The Chinese will continue to do what ever they like. Too big, massive amounts of money. The CCP have got a billion plus of head-nodders (wether they like it or not).

Eagle 1

First Grader
Personally I would’ve liked to see Fiji get a go. Plenty of untapped talent. The place and people are great. But, the sticking point is the same as mentioned with the corruption. The Fijian government keep brown paper bag makers in business.

I know three blokes that have taken contracts in PNG and moved the family into the compounds. Two managed to finish their two-year contracts, by themselves. The missus and kids couldn’t stand the place, and while their marriages survived, no matter how good the money was, they both said they’d never do it again. The third bloke said the poverty over there was unbelievable. Even though the project they were working on was fenced with razor wire and plenty of security, he said it was common for him to be on the company bus and pass blokes on mopeds holding 3x3 metre pieces of plasterboard from the "secured materials yard".

I don’t really have a stand out candidate for a new license. As for the political side of things. The Chinese will continue to do what ever they like. Too big, massive amounts of money. The CCP have got a billion plus of head-nodders (wether they like it or not).
Well said, we pour lots of aid money into PNG every year, but just don't see any concrete improvements, bit like our first nations peoples here, money's not going to where it should be going to. You described the locals making off with stolen building materials on scooters, just seems so lawless there, good place to make the next Mad Max movie I'd say.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19