• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Just read someone say that Brett Stewart, Steve Bell, Glenn Stewart, Brent Kite and Luke Williamson all out of this weeks clash.

What will our side look like ? Possibly

Robertson
Neumann/Bani
Matai ??????/Neumann
Lyon
Hicks
Menzies
Orford
Bryant
Ballin
Hall
Watmough
Cuthbertson
Afamasaga

King ????
Wells
Finefeuiaki
Halden

You've dropped monahan Kiwi?

he mightnt have had his best game on Monday but I think he will probably still be selected :)

Haha nice pickup Fro, always forget someone going through the side like that. Ballin to bench Halden off then.

Further to this info

"I have it on good authority that Kite, Glenn & Brett Stewart, Williamson and Bell are not getting on the 747 tomorrow.

Orford, Matai, Burns and Jason King in."

Burns throws up big possibilities for the team, Ballin to miss out altogether, or he may play 5/8 with beaver to lock or something like that

From front page:

The Manly Sea Eagles today lost five players through injury for Sunday's NRL clash with the New Zealand Warriors at Mt.Smart Stadium in Auckland.

The following players failed to satisfy the club's medical team and coach Des Hasler of their fitness today and won't travel with the team which departs for Auckland tomorrow:
* Brett Stewart (knee)
* Steve Bell (rib cartilage)
* Glenn Stewart (sternum)
* Brent Kite (back)
* Luke Williamson (shoulder)

The Sea Eagles squad to travel to Auckland is: Jack Afamasaga, Matt Ballin, Michael Bani, Travis Burns, Mark Bryant, Adam Cuthbertson, Glenn Hall, Clint Halden, Chris Hicks, Jason King, Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai, Vic Mauro, Steve Menzies, Michael Monaghan, Matt Orford (c), Michael Robertson, Anthony Watmough, Jason Wells.

Manly trained at the Sydney Academy of Sport at Narrabeen today for only the second time since Monday night's match against South Sydney at Telstra Stadium. "The short week turnaround has affected us with four players injured in the game against Souths and Luke Williamson failing to satisfy us that the shoulder injury which kept him out of the Rabbitohs game had improved sufficiently to play,"Hasler said.

Travis Burns (back injury) and Jason King (knee) will return after long periods on the sideline while captain Matt Orford has recovered from a thigh problem.

01. Michael Robertson
02. Michael Bani
03. Jamie Lyon
04. Steve Matai
05. Chris Hicks
06. Travis Burns
07. Matt Orford
08. Jason King
09. Michael Monaghan
10. Mark Bryant
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Jack Afamsaga
13. Steve Menzies

14. Matt Ballin
15. Adam Cuthbertson
16. Glenn Hall
17. Jason Wells

Still a damn fine looking squad isn't it??

I'm looking forward to seeing Bani play, especially if he is going to take Hicks' spot next year!!

Rumoured Monahan wont play either. Evidently the NRL are requesting evidence from medical staff that players are injured..... don't most clubs work on a roster system? Why is it a problem if we rest players anyway? Ohhh its Manly, must be doing some mystery betting on the game backing NZ.......

What BS.

We can chose to play whoever we want.

Its another case of the NRL looking after the $$$ before the game itself.

Melon that makes no sense whatsoever, is Reynoldson injured at the Knights, why would the NRL give 2 ****s who we play.

According to a post I just read, the NRL's rules demand that the best possible team be fielded unless due to injury.

Apparently the Warriors got in trouble over resting players against the tigers in 2002 when their was no reason.

Its a silly rule but apparently it is one.

Brian will claim that Reynoldson is not part of his best team. Something I doubt we can do with almost all rested being rep players.

sounds silly but I believe you Flip, sounds just the sort of stupid rule the NRL would bring in.

Although not many players arent carrying some sort of niggle at this time of year.

The Tele is running a story today whinging about manly being Bad sports the hardest part to stomach about it is who the contributors are that being Dennis Fitzgerald and Malcolm Noad who Grant Mayer rightly pointed out probably have enough of there own issues of bad sportmanship to worry about without worrying what manly are doing

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4