4 spots to fill .. updated ?

You'd think he would come up to take Titmuss' spot. That would leave 1 spot for Aloiai, is that right? Then maybe Siro for Garner. Where does that leave a hooker?
I think we sign Aloiai and unless we trade someone out we sit on 29 to start the year and keep one spot open up until June 30 as insurance for injuries or issues.Same as last year,seems we have Anderson,Miski,Weekes,Tuitavake,Saddler and Fainu filling out 6 dev.spots.Doubt we will be signing a hooker.
With DCE,Schuster,Fainu,Foran,Cust,Croker and Walker able to play in the halves/dummy half role I doubt we will designate another spot to those positions....yeah I know Fainu might not play,but I guess we are rolling the dice on that one....

We all want a hooker, but we signed Fainu - baggage and all.

So our value proposition to a prospective hooker:
Join us for 1 season, maybe less, asuming Fainu is ruled out most of the season (which seems likely). However once Fainu is back he's our guy. You might be rotated until Fainu develops into an 80-min hooker (which may not happen in todays game however)

We got Levi under that 1-year ago. Now Fainu's case is 1-year more progressed and may be resolved before year's end.

If we do get an existing 1st-grade hooker, we will be lucky to get one better than Levi as there isn't much in it for them I reckon.

We all want a hooker, but we signed Fainu - baggage and all.

So our value proposition to a prospective hooker:
Join us for 1 season, maybe less, asuming Fainu is ruled out most of the season (which seems likely). However once Fainu is back he's our guy. You might be rotated until Fainu develops into an 80-min hooker (which may not happen in todays game however)

We got Levi under that 1-year ago. Now Fainu's case is 1-year more progressed and may be resolved before year's end.

If we do get an existing 1st-grade hooker, we will be lucky to get one better than Levi as there isn't much in it for them I reckon.

And if they were good enough, they wouldn't want to play as a spare tyre for a year ... only chance would be an untested young up and comer who backs himself to get noticed ... or an old dog wanting a superannuation year ...

And if they were good enough, they wouldn't want to play as a spare tyre for a year ... only chance would be an untested young up and comer who backs himself to get noticed ... or an old dog wanting a superannuation year ...
Yeah pretty much my conclusion as well Woodsie.

I am thinking more along the lines of 'what do we need out of a dummy half' in the modern 6-again game? We need someone who takes on the line (which Levi did), but do it at the right time (which Levi didn't always do). We need a solid defender who can handle 40-50 tackles a game (which Levi did) and someone who has a reliable pass, maybe an offload in them Fainu-style after taking on the line. Someone with a quick play-the-ball.

I'm not distraught if we can turn Cust into a stop-gap for this - dude has a lot of that above and a better footy brain than Levi imo.

Yeah pretty much my conclusion as well Woodsie.

I am thinking more along the lines of 'what do we need out of a dummy half' in the modern 6-again game? We need someone who takes on the line (which Levi did), but do it at the right time (which Levi didn't always do). We need a solid defender who can handle 40-50 tackles a game (which Levi did) and someone who has a reliable pass, maybe an offload in them Fainu-style after taking on the line. Someone with a quick play-the-ball.

I'm not distraught if we can turn Cust into a stop-gap for this - dude has a lot of that above and a better footy brain than Levi imo.
Cust is the man and tough and can tackle and from what I gather played hooker in juniors!

Cust is the man and tough and can tackle and from what I gather played hooker in juniors!
His Def was certainly my concern Shane.

But if you think his tackling is up to it then I can't see any reason he won't succeed. Anyway if he needs some technique advice, we have the best in the business in Jakey to school him a bit.

Cust really could be a D.Cook-esque style hooker, and I really hope that's what Des is grooming him to be.

Friend on a one year deal would be perfect , but he won’t leave the Rorters who can pay him a loyalty brown paper bag deal bigger than anyone else.

And of course there is Scam.......vomit / puke/ chunder , but he’d be sensational!!

But if you think his tackling is up to it then I can't see any reason he won't succeed. Anyway if he needs some technique advice, we have the best in the business in Jakey to school him a bit.

Cust really could be a D.Cook-esque style hooker, and I really hope that's what Des is grooming him to be.
He might need some technique straightened out but to me he is tough - he doesn't shirk defence and that is what you want in a hooker. Technique can be taught - the desire to lead with the head and shoulders and belt someone can't be taught. You can't teach heart! He has heart - he has toughness now they just need to teach him the subtleties of hooker defence and reducing his missed tackles.

OK .. what's the current state of play

OUT

AFB .
Waddell ..
Thommo ..
Levi ..
Elliot ..
T-Rex ..
Metcalf ..
Hoppa ..
Titmuss (sadly)

In
Foran ..
Davey ..
Burbo ..
Miski ..
Saab
Aloaia
Tupaloopa
Koula
Weeks

Did I read that Miski had been elevated to top 30 ? .. Surely with the signing of Tupaloopa and Saab that is in hindsight an issue ... Can somebody with more knowledge than me give us a good read on who is top 30 and the 6 development players .. thanks
think Miski got a development contract
Tolu Koula got a top 30 contract pretty sure.
Weekes on development too.

agreed totally

OK .. what's the current state of play

OUT

AFB .
Waddell ..
Thommo ..
Levi ..
Elliot ..
T-Rex ..
Metcalf ..
Hoppa ..
Titmuss (sadly)

In
Foran ..
Davey ..
Burbo ..
Miski ..
Saab
Aloaia
Tupaloopa
Koula
Weeks

Did I read that Miski had been elevated to top 30 ? .. Surely with the signing of Tupaloopa and Saab that is in hindsight an issue ... Can somebody with more knowledge than me give us a good read on who is top 30 and the 6 development players .. thanks
I could not find anywhere that Miski has been signed on a development contract, one spot is left with the five signed Andersen, Weekes, Saddler, S Fainu and Tuitavake.

Maybe he was signed by Blacktown.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2