3 key back-up questions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Young Hoppa is also known to be a gun number 1 .
So was Sam Murphy. Let's just hope his career is brighter than that. I get the feeling a lot of people are getting their hopes up on young hoppa for next season. He is only 18, he may not even be ready for first grade yet. Will he even get a game? How will he go playing against men? Will he be success in ISP grade even? To many variables at this stage to say whether he can come out guns blazing. For all we know he could fade out like Murphy.. i hope I'm wrong I just hope there isn't too much pressure being put on him.. let him develop first before throwing him in the cauldron

So was Sam Murphy. Let's just hope his career is brighter than that. I get the feeling a lot of people are getting their hopes up on young hoppa for next season. He is only 18, he may not even be ready for first grade yet. Will he even get a game? How will he go playing against men? Will he be success in ISP grade even? To many variables at this stage to say whether he can come out guns blazing. For all we know he could fade out like Murphy.. i hope I'm wrong I just hope there isn't too much pressure being put on him.. let him develop first before throwing him in the cauldron
David Fafita 18, Payne Haas 18, Zac Lomax 19,Braden Uele 19, Nick Cotric 18 when he started at Canberra.................I think Hoppa can handle it.

Are you serious . Are you really comparing Hoppa to Sam ?
Des has him ready in our 30 men NRL squad and I am backing Des

Any other names that ring your bell Jethro ?
What are you on about?
You said that all you know is that no quality player in their NRL prime downgrades to the Bush but isn't that exactly what Jamie Lyon did when he quit the Eels and went and played for his local team in Wee Waa?

What are you on about?
You said that all you know is that no quality player in their NRL prime downgrades to the Bush but isn't that exactly what Jamie Lyon did when he quit the Eels and went and played for his local team in Wee Waa?
I just asked you a question if you know any other quality players in their prime that left the NRL to go to the bush . Do you find something wrong with that ?
Jamie Lyon walked out on parra in the middle of the 2004 season because he was not happy at the club . When the opportunity came for the big dollars to go to England after a few months playing in the bush he was off to the cold North of England like a brides nightie and then spent 10 years with us .
What am I on about Jethro ?
I dont think any NRL club would be chasing Matt Wright like they did Jamie

Last edited:
David Fafita 18, Payne Haas 18, Zac Lomax 19,Braden Uele 19, Nick Cotric 18 when he started at Canberra.................I think Hoppa can handle it.

We all think Hoppa can make it ..... but until he does ... we don't know ...

We all think Hoppa can make it ..... but until he does ... we don't know ...
True, but if we dont give him a go like all the other proactive coaches that gave all those other young promising players a go we will never know .
What we may be risking is those young players getting an opportunity at other clubs

Are you serious . Are you really comparing Hoppa to Sam ?
Des has him ready in our 30 men NRL squad and I am backing Des
Yes in terms of him having big wraps before coming into grade.. what else do we have as evidence to compare hoppa with anyone? A YouTube video of SG ball and junior SOO. Anyone remember Tom Wright recently? Or perhaps the Fijian halfback who's name slips my mind. I'm glad you back des as do I all I'm saying is I don't know if he will be a star in the NRL next season. In a few years yes

Yes in terms of him having big wraps before coming into grade.. what else do we have as evidence to compare hoppa with anyone? A YouTube video of SG ball and junior SOO. Anyone remember Tom Wright recently? Or perhaps the Fijian halfback who's name slips my mind. I'm glad you back des as do I all I'm saying is I don't know if he will be a star in the NRL next season. In a few years yes
Sorry mate . It is sometimes confusing and very hard to understand and communicate on line . The best evidence that talent scouts use to spot talent is seeing them playing .
We all see different things and I see Hoppa as the next Manly Legend . If you think he may be a Sam Murphy than so be it . I am on the belief that you unleash talent and you dont hold them back . I see stars in Hoppas eyes

True, but if we dont give him a go like all the other proactive coaches that gave all those other young promising players a go we will never know .
What we may be risking is those young players getting an opportunity at other clubs

What are you on about ...... what has any coach proactive (whatever that means) or otherwise have to do with my post .... the whole point of the discussion is that regardless of when he gets his chance ..... we will not know if he will make it until he does ...

What are you on about ...... what has any coach proactive (whatever that means) or otherwise have to do with my post .... the whole point of the discussion is that regardless of when he gets his chance ..... we will not know if he will make it until he does ...
Yes and I agreed with you on that

On the money that Matt Wright would have been on he really didn't disappoint , however we really have to move on from him and try a few younger faster players.

Sorry mate . It is sometimes confusing and very hard to understand and communicate on line . The best evidence that talent scouts use to spot talent is seeing them playing .
We all see different things and I see Hoppa as the next Manly Legend . If you think he may be a Sam Murphy than so be it . I am on the belief that you unleash talent and you dont hold them back . I see stars in Hoppas eyes
No need for apologies..

Exactly

There are a few variables to consider....firstly the fact that the others mentioned had solid seasons leading up to their debut at NRL level, Hoppa has been recovering from a serious injury which is unfortunately a massive set back....the thing is his last game was against 16 year old's....if he had stayed healthy and played several games against men at NSW Cup level would have been ideal.
The talent is there no doubt and personally would love to see him open the season busting through tackles with the big duke and evasive quickness, but I will admit to being pleasantly surprised to see him in the early rounds....he will get trial time and if he blitzes here, it would be a nice confidence builder.

Think we still need to wait until Feb to see what our squad looks like.

I believe there will still be some shuffling of the decks.
With the Klemmer and Napa announcement today you can see Marty will be off to the roosters, easts wouldn’t release Napa that easily without a replacement signing.
I agree this squad right now as we see it won’t be the complete squad that runs out round 1 in 2019

Last edited:
With the Klemmer and Napa announcement today you can see Marty will be off the roosters, easts wouldn’t release Napa that easily without a replacement signing.
I agree this squad right now as we see it won’t be the complete squad that runs out round 1 in 2019
by letting napa go they will be able to afford to sign 3 or 4 established internationals and have some money left over!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8